Non Imm O Retirement Extension - Jomtien

Planning to do my 800k in bank extension soon, is this list sufficient? 

800k in bank throughout year

original and copy of chanote and blue book for proof of address  (either or both?)

Original and copy bank passbook
 showing 12 months
 (12 months from day i go to immigration?) 

bank letter  (dated same day i go to Immigration? 100 baht deposit same day. The bank letter would include the 100 baht so it ties in?

Original passport and copies of photo page, visa page, previous extension page, departure card, any other stamps required?

TM7
- pick up day before

Photos x 2

1900 baht 

Planning to go about 2 weeks early, just after i do 90 day online report (in case the extension stops the 90 day online  working)

Use QueQ app to make the appointment

Original and copy bank passbook
 showing 12 months
 (12 months from day i go to immigration?) 

It is the 12 months preceding the day you apply for the extension (the day you go to Immigration).   

The bank passbook should be sufficient provided it has been continually updated and does not have any consolidated entries, i.e., showing a net cumulative total for deposits & withdrawals for a period of time.  If it does that, you may need to obtain certified bank statements from you bank for the period.  If your bank is Bangkok Bank, a Branch can only provide statements for the preceding 6 months. For a full 12 months, they will need about one week to provide them as they have to request them from their HQ in Bangkok. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

bank letter  (dated same day i go to Immigration? 100 baht deposit same day. The bank letter would include the 100 baht so it ties in?

First up your list seems complete.

Regarding the bank letter and deposit.....I do that with same bank employee. I don't go to the clerks doing withdrawal/deposit etc.

I hand over 100b and ask her to deposit and please photocopy that last page of bb..

Then at same time I give over 100b for bank letter. 

Obviously the letter matches the updated bb.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

First up your list seems complete.

Regarding the bank letter and deposit.....I do that with same bank employee. I don't go to the clerks doing withdrawal/deposit etc.

I hand over 100b and ask her to deposit and please photocopy that last page of bb..

Then at same time I give over 100b for bank letter. 

Obviously the letter matches the updated bb.

I've just realised, isn't a 100 baht withdrawal required rather than deposit? to prove that you can withdraw money. The 100 baht then goes to employee to pay for letter

Extended my one-year visa yesterday in Jomtien.

Long line (waited more than an hour).

Gave them two photos, they returned one to me.

Documents showing proof of condo ownership was

insufficient to establish my residence; they photo-

copied front/back of driving license as well.

11 minutes ago, PaulDee said:

Extended my one-year visa yesterday in Jomtien.

Long line (waited more than an hour).

Gave them two photos, they returned one to me.

Documents showing proof of condo ownership was

insufficient to establish my residence; they photo-

copied front/back of driving license as well.

what document was insufficient? how about the bank stuff? and passport stuff?

I will be doing this also in the coming days and was looking at making an appointment. On the Chonburi Immigration web page it states to use the Chonburi Immigration app and you talk about a QueQ app. Do I need both apps?

I have loaded the Chonburi app and it ask for photos of the bank letter. I believe I am suppose to have the bank letter dated the same day I go to immigration. Does this mean I have to go to the bank get the letter and then make an appointment for later in the day?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Not aware of that.

I always make a deposit at CW. 

Also many offices don't require 'activity' meaning deposit or withdrawal. They just require updated bankbook..

I have a fixed deposit account with money there year round. Never made a deposit or withdrawal, just update bank book and get letter.  Always accepted at Jomtien. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, chilly07 said:

QueQ is not working for Jomtien Access the booking system on the immigration.go.th website choosing Jomtien and picking the retirement choice allowing you to select a date and time

Presumably it's "Long-term extension" rather than "Retirement purposes"?

Screenshot_2022-02-02-18-57-31-812_com.android.chrome.jpg

I did mines on 20 Jan at Jomtien all you paperwork listed seem in order make sure they are all signed.  I use house book copies with my wife signature same with her ID she signs it, since I have TM30 I also include that. 

As for the bank letter like Jack54? Indicate I make a deposit at my BB branch at 3pm the day before I deposit money have the book update just as they give me the book back I tell them need immigration letter got 100 ready hand it to them 15 minutes got my letter I got outside to the Kodak shop have all my bank book pages copy sign them attach them to the letter for insurance I do purely the 800,000 method never touch it over and beyond. I show up next morning at 7:00 letter is still good out by 9pm.  This year being so busy I was told to come back Monday afternoon to pick up with instructions to return April 20 to prove funds again. What a system? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I did mines on 20 Jan at Jomtien all you paperwork listed seem in order make sure they are all signed.  I use house book copies with my wife signature same with her ID she signs it, since I have TM30 I also include that. 

As for the bank letter like Jack54? Indicate I make a deposit at my BB branch at 3pm the day before I deposit money have the book update just as they give me the book back I tell them need immigration letter got 100 ready hand it to them 15 minutes got my letter I got outside to the Kodak shop have all my bank book pages copy sign them attach them to the letter for insurance I do purely the 800,000 method never touch it over and beyond. I show up next morning at 7:00 letter is still good out by 9pm.  This year being so busy I was told to come back Monday afternoon to pick up with instructions to return April 20 to prove funds again. What a system? 

"letter for insurance" is because you have OA?

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

"letter for insurance" is because you have OA?

Sorry I use the word insurance meaning copying all the pages to my bank book and signing each of them because I read in the past they ask for them,  she did look hard at the pages.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

with instructions to return April 20 to prove funds again. What a system? 

So Jomtien are still enforcing that particular rogue requirement as regards the 800k method then?

29 minutes ago, billsmart said:

How is it you have a chanote and "blue book"? Is this your wife's or the property owner's?

I have a Chanote and Blue Book. The blue book is worthless for me to use for residence though as foreigner name is not allowed to be in it.

52 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

The blue book is worthless for me to use for residence though as foreigner name is not allowed to be in it.

You can apply for a yellow house book based upon your blue house book that you can use to prove your residence.

I went to Jomtien last week to do my extension.

I gave them the first page of the blue book showing the address, just like in previous years and they did not want it this time and gave it back!

They also did not want a copy of my wife's ID card which in previous years they have kept.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I have a Chanote and Blue Book. The blue book is worthless for me to use for residence though as foreigner name is not allowed to be in it.

I've used my blue book at Immigration for my TM30 and residence certificate, no name in it, doesn't matter

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Aussiexpat, Thanks for your reply.

When you say "you" have a chanote, how can that be? How can you, as an Aussie, own land here? My wife has land here, and my name is on the chanote as her husband, but the chanote is not in my name. Is that what you mean?

I have a Yellow Book, which shows my address as my home. Also, the Pink ID Card helps a lot now.

Anyway, I'd be interested in getting your explanation on the chanote.

Bill, a USAexpat... ????

Edited by billsmart
formatting

2 minutes ago, billsmart said:

Aussiexpat, Thanks for your reply.

When you say "you" have a chanote, how can that be? How can you, as an Aussie, own land here? My wife has land here, and my name is on the chanote as her husband, but the chanote is not in my name. Is that what you mean?

I have a Yellow Book, which shows my address as my home. Also, the Pink ID Card helps a lot now.

Anyway, I'd be interested in getting your explanation on the chanote.

Bill, a USAexpat... ????

Condo and Houses are treated differently. My Chanote is in my name as I own a Condo (100%) which is allowed as long as the entire Condo block is not more than 49% foreign owned.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Presumably it's "Long-term extension" rather than "Retirement purposes"?

Screenshot_2022-02-02-18-57-31-812_com.android.chrome.jpg

Can someone who has actually used this booking system for retirement extension recently help to settle this question? I made a booking just now before I noticed this post. I picked "Retirement purpose" since that seemed kind of obvious to me, but hey, I have been wrong before! And I got instant reply with confirmation (for a slot next week, the one I requested). So this was a nice surprise if it works so well. Please let it be true!

SO: Is it "Retirement purpose" or "Long-term extension"?

AND: Can I with a printed copy of the confirmation e-mail in my hand just bypass the queue and walk straight to the front desk (or desk 8)?

Thanks for replies based on your own recent experience, not on speculation (or assumed logic) please.

1 hour ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Retirement is the correct one.

1 hour ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Can I with a printed copy of the confirmation e-mail in my hand just bypass the queue and walk straight to the front desk (or desk 8)?

I assume you could. 

23 hours ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Can someone who has actually used this booking system for retirement extension recently help to settle this question? I made a booking just now before I noticed this post. I picked "Retirement purpose" since that seemed kind of obvious to me, but hey, I have been wrong before! And I got instant reply with confirmation (for a slot next week, the one I requested). So this was a nice surprise if it works so well. Please let it be true!

AND: Can I with a printed copy of the confirmation e-mail in my hand just bypass the queue and walk straight to the front desk (or desk 8)?

Thanks for replies based on your own recent experience, not on speculation (or assumed logic) please.

I just returned from Jomtien Immigration with my passport and my new 1 year extension of stay. Hooray!!

I made an appointment for 2:30 on Thursday on the immigration.go.th webpage and received a confirmation email. When I showed up at immigration about 2:00 and ask the gate keeper about my appointment he just shook his head. Looked over my paperwork and gave me a Que number.

I think my Que number still came up at 2:30 and was out of immigration before 3.

When I returned today to get my passport after 3 I did not receive any paper telling me I needed to return in 3 months with an updated bankbook like I did last year.

Thank you @scubascuba3 for the helpful checklist.

A few things were different for me. I lease so included a copy of my lease, ID of owner and blue book. I also included my TM30 and recent 90 day report. Don't really know if any of this was required but was included in the stack of paper I gave them and they did not give anything back.

They only required 1 picture and I had a copy of all documents but they did not ask for the copies.

Thanks again for the helpful thread right at the time I needed it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

I just returned from Jomtien Immigration with my passport and my new 1 year extension of stay. Hooray!!

I made an appointment for 2:30 on Thursday on the immigration.go.th webpage and received a confirmation email. When I showed up at immigration about 2:00 and ask the gate keeper about my appointment he just shook his head. Looked over my paperwork and gave me a Que number.

I think my Que number still came up at 2:30 and was out of immigration before 3.

When I returned today to get my passport after 3 I did not receive any paper telling me I needed to return in 3 months with an updated bankbook like I did last year.

Thank you @scubascuba3 for the helpful checklist.

A few things were different for me. I lease so included a copy of my lease, ID of owner and blue book. I also included my TM30 and recent 90 day report. Don't really know if any of this was required but was included in the stack of paper I gave them and they did not give anything back.

They only required 1 picture and I had a copy of all documents but they did not ask for the copies.

Thanks again for the helpful thread right at the time I needed it.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

• Like 1