Expletives fly as octogenarian Brit crashes car into traffic kiosk - then gets out and urinates beside vehicle

webfact

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Anyway, keep up the good work you Pom's ???? it's making us Aussies look good. ????????????????????

I hope this comment stays here, my last comment they took down (censored), must have been the photo (drunk guy passed out on his back) 

I always thought POM meant "Prisoner of His/Her Majesty" a.k.a. most Australians. 

Is this not the case? 

Edited by alextrat1966

At 80 years if age I can understand the need for an urgent pee, but not the rude and crass need for it to be so public. Neither can I understand driving into a stationary kiosk. As has been said many times on Thaivisa the quality of expats arriving here now is demonstrably lower than it was 30/40 years ago.

12 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Maybe that's why he crashed his car into the kiosk... If you REALLY gotta go, how can you drive on? 

That story makes total sense, afterall there were no runaway truck ramps in the vicinity. Best defense argument I can think of - do you think the RTP will buy it?????

Edited by DBath

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What nationality are you, Gottfrid?  Let's see how it's represented and what it "stands for"!   

Me? I am Swedish. Please amuse me, and see how much percent of the stupidity and the idiotic behavior in other countries we stand for. Be my guest.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He makes no one but himself look like a fool.

So, when a person act like an <deleted>, it has nothing to do with the people he represent? And there are many of them. If you buy 3 bad cheeses from the same shop, you would probably avoid buying more from the same. Like when it comes person after person from the same country behaving bad, people like me just distance themselves from such.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

I don't think so, he's 88 years old, not everything works as usual when you get to that age.

If you get to that age, most are gone long before that.

I wouldn't be too hard on the guy

Sure! At that age he should not even consider driving a car, if things do not work as they should, then. That was his first mistake. After that urinating in public on his own car. Guess it´s just too many things that does not work as usual, right?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, JAS21 said:

OK… so you are anti-Brit like many…. I don’t have a problem with that

But at his age, no doubt he has prostrate problems, maybe he was desperate to go anyway and the bump made it worse and he realised that now he wouldn’t be able to get home in time so it was probably a case of pee against the car or pee down his leg. Just unlucky that there were a lot of people around.

Have you never had to stop roadside and rush into the bushes for a pee… probably not but many have. Saw a local peeing at the side of the road last week.

Lets hope when you get really old that your prostrate stays young and small….

No, I am not anti-brit. Just that they stand for the greater percentage of problems different nationalities make in foreign countries. That does not mean, there are not good ones too. I am just speaking the truth.

If I have a prostate problem later in life, I already know there are help and accessories to use for that, and I will not be too shy to use them. Also, I will not even consider to drive a car at the age of 88. That´s just pure dumb, egoistic and foolish as well as irresponsible.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

We used to be fine in Thailand, and with a Sterling reputation, until budget air travel started, and the lower classes that used to frequent Spain and Greece could afford to come here.

That´s 100 % true. I have nothing against brits that behave, but unfortunately it has gone the other way the last decade.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, alextrat1966 said:

Well you claim the Brits give us farang a bad name here in Thailand. 

But as far as I can see it’s the Americans bringing their ridiculous freedom defending bs rhetorics of not wearing masks and not taking the vaccines that gives us all a bad name in the eyes of Thai people. Not the Brits’ fault particularly.

In this case it is

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, I am not anti-brit. Just that they stand for the greater percentage of problems different nationalities make in foreign countries. That does not mean, there are not good ones too. I am just speaking the truth.

Does that 'truth' come with verifiable facts/stats? I'd be very interested to see them if it does. If not, I'd say, it says more about you than it does about 'Brits'.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, I am not anti-brit. Just that they stand for the greater percentage of problems different nationalities make in foreign countries.

You've got some statistics, i.e. empirical evidence, to back up that allegation, have you?   Let's see it.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

28 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I will not even consider to drive a car at the age of 88. That´s just pure dumb, egoistic and foolish as well as irresponsible.

So you keep saying but you don't say why!  Back up what you say with objective fact, "pure dumb, egoistic and foolish as well as irresponsible" is just your subjective opinion, not fact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Sure! At that age he should not even consider driving a car, if things do not work as they should, then. That was his first mistake. After that urinating in public on his own car. Guess it´s just too many things that does not work as usual, right?

Perhaps you are basing your assumptions on the state of mind and body that you have now. And are seeing signs of deterioration already. There are many aged who are fitter and mentally sharper than many of those who are years younger. Don't make sweeping inane statements.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Male or female! I pulled over one day while riding my motorcycle to stop and help a young lady who I thought had a flat tire. I looked down and she was having a pee on the other side of the car. I wished her well and left.

Is she single????  asking for a friend.. ????

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The incident happened on Monday at 11.40 am 

From what I read I reckon age is not the issue here regarding ability to drive, he's probably been searching for an empty can/bottle to pee in, taken his eyes of the road and hits this stupid kiosk. 
I reckon he would have got away with it had that kiosk not been there, he'd probably just mount the kerb and drive over coming down the other side. 

Definitely immaturity, driving under the influence but you got to give it to him, the guys a party animal, 11am smashed out of his mind, I want to party with this guy.

Over the many years I've been living here I've found the Brits to be the most fun to be with when out for a drink, you guys are crazy. 

Again, Brits. keep up the great work, you guys make the Aussies look good, 88yo. this guy's a legend. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Perhaps you are basing your assumptions on the state of mind and body that you have now. And are seeing signs of deterioration already. There are many aged who are fitter and mentally sharper than many of those who are years younger. Don't make sweeping inane statements.

It´s not an insane statement, that 88 year old people are not fit for driving. That is a fact.

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it hasn't, that person does not represent anyone but himself

It´s common knowledge, that people from different countries that come abroad and behave bad put a reflection of that on their country fellowmen. You can´t possibly have missed that.

30 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

It´s not an insane statement, that 88 year old people are not fit for driving. That is a fact.

There you go. You're not as sharp as you think you are. I said inane, not insane. How old are you?????

• Like 2