Stickman Returns

Bangkok Barry

It's been interesting to me to see how many here support a bargirl cheating and scamming. It's okay for her to lie about what she is drinking, all bargirls are poor and have to make a living.

What she did is no big deal - I just reported it, the mamasan tore up the bill and I left. But there are some here who say that drinking a gulp of 150 baht water or Sprite while pretending it is something else is okay. I guess we have different standards. If you don't mind being scammed, fine. Up to you. I choose to drink somewhere else.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 12:26 PM, Real Name Hidden said:

So he'll be spreading gossip he gets from people with an agenda without checking it out. 

I always liked his columns, and the Reader submissions even more.

That it is "only" gossip is quite ok with me. Not being in Thailand myself at the moment, what else than gossip is there to hear for me anyway?

And even, if Stickman would check the veracity of the information he receives on the ground -- it is still not more than gossip. Makes for a short, nice Sunday read, nothing more and nothing less.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's been interesting to me to see how many here support a bargirl cheating and scamming. What she did is no big deal - I just reported it, the mamasan tore up the bill and I left. But there are some here who say that drinking a gulp of 150 baht water or Sprite while pretending it is something else is okay. I guess we have different standards. If you don't mind being scammed, fine. Up to you. I choose to drink somewhere else.

Just a healthy realistic view on it. It is dirty business from the start of it, so why expect standards in the first place. 

Old but but still good. Wait for the BJ at the end

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 3:27 PM, LaosLover said:

I miss the flamboyant mongers of the 90's with their Indian-tailored shirts and barstool Buddha philosphizing

I only got the tail end of the 90s, but then it really was a better time. Even though I am still as 'handsome' as I ever was ????

On 2/3/2022 at 3:57 AM, Hummin said:

You help me to recall stickman, but wasn't he the one who wrote sad bar lady stories, and also did some private investigation for money, where 99,% of the cases had a sad result?

It was mostly about all the sugar traps and broken hearts? 

haha, yea, lonely, sad guys throwing good money after bad, paying someone to 'investigate' and tell you what was patently obvious from the start. but it takes all sorts i guess, and if that makes them happy...

Edited by it is what it is
  • Like 2

Guest Isaanlife
1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's been interesting to me to see how many here support a bargirl cheating and scamming. It's okay for her to lie about what she is drinking, all bargirls are poor and have to make a living.

What she did is no big deal - I just reported it, the mamasan tore up the bill and I left. But there are some here who say that drinking a gulp of 150 baht water or Sprite while pretending it is something else is okay. I guess we have different standards. If you don't mind being scammed, fine. Up to you. I choose to drink somewhere else.

Come on man.

Understand the game.

It is not what the lady is drinking or what she choses to drink.

You are paying for her time.

If you cannot afford her time, you shouldn't be there in the first place.

Guest Isaanlife
9 hours ago, buick said:

he knows people that live in bangkok, they send reports.  i thought his reports from NZ weren't that far off, i live in bkk and frequent the night life areas.  some of his reporting is biased, as he gets info directly from that bar owner or someone who loves a certain bar.  but that was kind of the case when he was in bkk.  i remember he constantly talked about how great tilac bar was/is.  i've been here almost 15 yrs and i'd say tilac died off around 2010 or so.  but different people have different opinions on all that.  his column will obviously be more helpful to travelers, which has generally been the case in the past.  but i will admit i picked up a few things from his columns at times, even though i was/am living here in bkk and he was/is in NZ.

There isn't much going on in Bangkok to report on.

If you need to pick up anything from his column, complete newbie!

Just another fanboy.

Go get your own truthful experience with your own eyes.

Then you know what the truth is.

Pretty simple concept.

Guest Isaanlife
8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Good try. But she asked for a tequila, I didn't offer it. So saying she didn't want what she asked for is nonsense. I'm guessing from you wanting to dig and dig yourself into a hole on this that you're American. I've seen Americans do this over and over again on this site. It must be a cultural thing, which is best that I ignore.

It is not an American thing, you don't seem to like being called out period?

Guest Isaanlife
7 hours ago, simon43 said:

Well, I wrote up to episode #8 of 'A Crazy Life' for Stick, and my attempts were well-received,  so I need to write a few more submissions ????

With all your stories and experience, you would do well to have your own website column.

I have always enjoyed the way you can tell the truth whether good or bad.

Your experience and travels speak for themselves.

Guest Isaanlife
7 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

He never said that, liars about him did. Stick was the most decent person I ever met in Thailand, most foreigners are people who need to be avoided, but not him.

Instead of being a Fanboy, understand if he was a decent person he wouldn't be exploiting prostitution as a source to make money.

Got divorced didn't he? Quite the decent man? Maybe instead of being a fanboy, look at the real facts.

Trying to profit from the ill's of Thailand in 2022 from New Zealand is a pure money grab from someone that appears cannot afford to support himself?

Not a decent person period. All about the money.

Guest Isaanlife
On 2/3/2022 at 5:34 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

So can you confirm if Stickman is in Thailand?

I don't trust anybody writing about Thailand who is not in Thailand.

He is in New Zealand. I suspect he cannot earn enough money living in Thailand which is why he is no longer here.

Guest Isaanlife
On 2/3/2022 at 6:02 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

He isn't. As he wasn't for maybe 2-3 years before he put most of the site on hold during the pandemic. He relies on people close to the ground for info and tries to confirm its accuracy before publication, but once or twice he came unstuck.

Please share with us how a person in New Zealand confirms the accuracy of stories he is hearing second hand from Thailand?

There has been nothing on the ground to report since Covid started and to suggest people are on the ground reporting is ridiculous.

You seem to know an awful lot about his dealings and like to speak for him?

How would you know he tries to confirm the accuracy of his info? Did he personally tell you?

People only go out of their way to support some Ludacris idea like reporting on Thailand from New Zealand when there is something in it for them?

So what is in it for you?

Or are you Stick's Number 1 Fan Boy? 

7 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

He never said that, liars about him did. Stick was the most decent person I ever met in Thailand, most foreigners are people who need to be avoided, but not him.

All anyone needs to do is go to the website and search and see for themselves.  I believe those old posts are still there.
https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/?s=hiv

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/?s=std

I believe you have to go back to before 2010 to see the transformation.  I think he left around 2011 but I stopped reading before that so I don't know.  Looks like he kept posting from NZ or wherever even though he didn't live in Thailand anymore.

Edited by shdmn

On 2/3/2022 at 4:22 AM, JonnyF said:

That's right. My understanding was that Stickboy was involved in the company that a) purchased the site and b) kept Stickman on as an employee to write the column.

Then Stickboy disappears from Bangkok in a puff of smoke and the Stickman column makes a comeback.

maybe   hes  got divorced in the meantime  ?? so needs the bread to pay for stickboys new liver op

10 minutes ago, Isaanlife said:

Please share with us how a person in New Zealand confirms the accuracy of stories he is hearing second hand from Thailand?

You'd have to ask him that. I have no idea, other than that he has contacts - contacts who have proven over time to be reliable. If you read his piece today you would know that. He talks about having to re-establish those contacts.

13 minutes ago, Isaanlife said:

There has been nothing on the ground to report since Covid started

Again, if you read his piece today you would know that is why he hasn't reported anything for over a year. 

Look, I really don't care whether you want to read him or not. Up to you. Many others do, which is how he has made a living from it for very many years. Jeez!

25 minutes ago, Isaanlife said:

Instead of being a Fanboy, understand if he was a decent person he wouldn't be exploiting prostitution as a source to make money.

Got divorced didn't he? Quite the decent man? Maybe instead of being a fanboy, look at the real facts.

Trying to profit from the ill's of Thailand in 2022 from New Zealand is a pure money grab from someone that appears cannot afford to support himself?

Not a decent person period. All about the money.

That's rich, almost everyone on here has used the services of prostitutes at one time or another, lots of decent people get divorced. If you ever met him you might have a different opinion

Edited by clivebaxter

Guest Isaanlife

Website look's like a 10 year old did it in HTML 20+ years ago. 

It appears all the advertisers have left and the page no longer is polluted with a bunch of advertising banners.

So this must be a money grab by the current owner and stick to see if they can financially revive the website?

The first grade html look of the website does nothing to enhance it. These websites went out of style 20 years ago.

Stickman says: "I made a deliberate decision to largely ignore what was going on in Thailand this past year. In many ways I am out of touch with Thailand. Many people I used to rely on for news have moved on"

If that is his own words, what could he possibly write about that people in Thailand don't already know?

Youtuber's have taken over and can give you the full visual experience what is going on in Thailand. 

I think there is a guy Thailandred or something like that, he sets his camera up on walking street and lets it record for an hour + all the people passing by, farangs with their pretty dates LOL!, etc. Real first hand look the way things are today! Funny and interesting events captured. Then he does it again when the bars are letting out. Just like being there!

I have no respect for people trying to make a money grab when they don't even live here and have to rely on other peoples to get the story

The website is so outdated it is sad, sad, sad.

You get a heck of lot more right here on TV and you can even challenge the posts you find ridiculous.

The old posters here in TV have 100 times the knowledge Stickman will ever have about Thailand and it is all current and first hand.

Edited by Isaanlife

2 hours ago, shdmn said:

All anyone needs to do is go to the website and search and see for themselves.  I believe those old posts are still there.
https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/?s=hiv

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/?s=std

I often read his column and didn't notice what you claim he said. I checked the links you posted, read a few, and all I found (admittedly, I didn't read all) is that things like 'STD' and 'HIV' were mentioned in the article. Nowhere I found so far did he claim all the bargirls had these diseases.

Obviously some of the women do have them. I was taking care of a woman from a famous Walking Street agogo, a place where 'our girls are checked every month'. She was a friend and I never dallied with her. She had another ailment, so I offered to take her to Bumrungrad to check her out. They did blood work. They found---not related to the ailment for which I took her to Bumrungrad---she had advanced syphilis. She had gone through Stage 1, Stage 2, Latency, and was moving into Paresis. In other words, she had it for years, yet had been servicing customers (and ostensibly checked) all that time. Customers who either did not wear a condom, or who might have engaged in oral relations with her, would have been at risk. Some customers probably ignored a chancre in their mouth, never thinking it might be an STD caught from her.

I never thought the 'tests' meant anything, but this was absolute confirmation the tests are meaningless and should offer no punter any comfort. If Stickman's writing might put the fear of illness into a punter or two, maybe he provided a useful service. Of course, many men will still take the risk, but the occasional 'scared straight' could save some a lot of anguish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Website look's like a 10 year old did it in HTML 20+ years ago. 

It appears all the advertisers have left and the page no longer is polluted with a bunch of advertising banners.

So this must be a money grab by the current owner and stick to see if they can financially revive the website?

The first grade html look of the website does nothing to enhance it. These websites went out of style 20 years ago.

Stickman says: "I made a deliberate decision to largely ignore what was going on in Thailand this past year. In many ways I am out of touch with Thailand. Many people I used to rely on for news have moved on"

If that is his own words, what could he possibly write about that people in Thailand don't already know?

Youtuber's have taken over and can give you the full visual experience what is going on in Thailand. 

I think there is a guy Thailandred or something like that, he sets his camera up on walking street and lets it record for an hour + all the people passing by, farangs with their pretty dates LOL!, etc. Real first hand look the way things are today! Funny and interesting events captured. Then he does it again when the bars are letting out. Just like being there!

I have no respect for people trying to make a money grab when they don't even live here and have to rely on other peoples to get the story

The website is so outdated it is sad, sad, sad.

You get a heck of lot more right here on TV and you can even challenge the posts you find ridiculous.

The old posters here in TV have 100 times the knowledge Stickman will ever have about Thailand and it is all current and first hand.

Dear me. Who cares what the site looks like? It's all about the content, right, plus it resolution switches current screen size--many big name sites haven't even sorted that aspect and might be overly bloated and switch you around all over the place. Youtube is okay, but it is actually nice to sit down and read, gathering info from a variety of sources.

The old posters here in TV have 100 times the knowledge Stickman will ever have about Thailand and it is all current and first hand

Lol, the couch potatoes. How's that then? The bloke did actually live there and believe he is in touch with those in-the-know on the ground. 

Don't get the animosity to be fair. Not my favourite cup of tea but am looking forward to it. If it's not for other folks, just move along and get on with your lives.

Guest Isaanlife
4 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

That's rich, almost everyone on here has used the services of prostitutes at one time or another, lots of decent people get divorced. If you ever met him you might have a different opinion

Not everyone.

I don't have a high opinion of anyone that doesn't earn an honest living.

Sorry.

Guest Isaanlife
1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Dear me. Who cares what the site looks like? It's all about the content, right, plus it resolution switches current screen size--many big name sites haven't even sorted that aspect and might be overly bloated and switch you around all over the place. Youtube is okay, but it is actually nice to sit down and read, gathering info from a variety of sources.

Lol, the couch potatoes. How's that then? The bloke did actually live there and believe he is in touch with those in-the-know on the ground. 

Don't get the animosity to be fair. Not my favourite cup of tea but am looking forward to it. If it's not for other folks, just move along and get on with your lives.

Gathering from a variety of sources that haven't even lived in the Thailand the past few years?