Mailing small packet to US from Thailand...there must be a cheaper way than Thai Post ???

WaveHunter

On 2/5/2022 at 11:46 AM, WaveHunter said:

I have hundreds of product samples (50 gram weight) that will need to be delivered over the next six months to clients in the US, Japan, and the EU.  I am having a real hard time getting useable information from Thai Post (from their website and in person) since I do not speak or reads Thai.

I know that in China, most online merchants selling to the US use ePacket, which seems to be cheap, reliable and fairly fast.  I wonder if the same is true here in Thailand?  And if it is, I need to figure out how to use it effectively.

If there is anyone else who regularly uses ePacket for commercial use, any advice you could offer would be appreciated.

Like, for instance, are there ways to streamline the process if you have batches of packet to send out at once?  Is there a way to avoid trips to the post office (i.e.: they pick up), what forms are involved such as for destination country customs (all shipments are samples so no commercial value), is there online tracking, etc.?

Thanks

Wavehunter

PS:   I guess since I used the keyword "Thai Post" it triggered an ad from Thai Post which is now showing up on my post.  It's pretty funny that they are posting an Ad entirely written in Thai to an obviously English-speaking audience here on Asean Now...THAT is the problem I have trying to get any useable information from them...they LOVE using InfoGraphics that do not translate LOL!!!

Why not just go to a PRIVATE mailbox place let them figure it all out for cheapest shipping rates.....They are pretty good most of them...

On 2/5/2022 at 7:02 AM, spidermike007 said:

The US and the PI have shipping treaties. You can have a 25kg. box from the US for $50. 

No such agreement exists here. Quite expensive to send or receive anything bulky or heavy. 

Would love if you could cite where this can be found....It sounds fanciful to be honest, but I am happy to be proved incorrect...

37 minutes ago, MSMU1993 said:

Would love if you could cite where this can be found....It sounds fanciful to be honest, but I am happy to be proved incorrect...

Check the LBC rates....They are the go to PI/US.....Although that doesn't have anything to do with the topic.....

5 minutes ago, elektrified said:

There is no automatic insurance and there is no signature. Without the signature I don't see how the sender could ever prevail in the event of a not-received claim.

Insurance is 30 bht and there is a "proof of delivery" .

Screenshot_20220210-141124_Track&Trace Thailand Post.jpg

5 hours ago, MSMU1993 said:

I can try to find it, if it means alot to you. I have a good friend who lived here for awhile, as well as Cambodia. He has made the PI home for the past decade. He tells me there are agreements that allow a 50lb. box to be shipped from the US to the PI for as little as $50. The US and the PI have a far closer relationship than the US and Thailand, for a dozen reasons. Strategic, commercial, historic, etc. 

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect old topic, but have just had the displeasure of being hit by the exorbitant Thai Post fees in merely sending a letter. Insane price and a really bad transit time. Literally on the order of several hundred percent in returning the same letter back to the UK. Passport required etc etc. What is going on? Thailand does a lot of things right and I generally like how smooth things can be, but when they get things wrong, they really stink. Haven't sent anything for a good 10 years and never will again.

On 2/5/2022 at 7:02 AM, spidermike007 said:

The US and the PI have shipping treaties. You can have a 25kg. box from the US for $50. 

No such agreement exists here. Quite expensive to send or receive anything bulky or heavy. 

Really expensive

36 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Sorry to resurrect old topic, but have just had the displeasure of being hit by the exorbitant Thai Post fees in merely sending a letter. Insane price and a really bad transit time. Literally on the order of several hundred percent in returning the same letter back to the UK. Passport required etc etc. What is going on? Thailand does a lot of things right and I generally like how smooth things can be, but when they get things wrong, they really stink. Haven't sent anything for a good 10 years and never will again.

Your rant is somewhat short on detail. 
A 20 gram letter sent by air to the U.K costs from 48 baht. 
A 100 gram letter 101 baht.

How much did you want to pay?