Agent recommendations in Bangkok?

Hi, hoping people could recommend me some reputable agents in Bangkok minus Thai visa centre? No problems with them but they can't offer any one year visas at the moment from what I'm told. Was previously on a 1 year volunteer visa with them, now a covid extension.

I've found one in Facebook who claims they can offer a 1 year ED visa, but seems slightly dodgy due to having 0 reviews and not sure I want to take the risk.

To be honest if you are married OR retired, you can use any good agency no problem. If non of them, many agencies will not or cannot help you because actually there is nothing they can do. 

When you use an agency, most of them will try to do things as legal as they can do. For example if you are married they will ask all documents, photos, etc. which you need to give to immigration anyway. The only thing here is the money which they can provide but you cannot. Thats all about the agencies. For example they cannot help if you are overstay 2-3 years. Which creates a question like then why i use agency.. So you can say agencies can only help you about the money (400K or 800K) thats all. So again if you are not married or retired, im not sure if you can find an agency which can help you. Maybe they will suggest you some ED visas but again thats something you can o without their help.

thats been said. 

I will try to explain you something about agencies. yes, they can solve he problem and again if you are married or retired. But the thing is... you will be never free again.. Always have to do your visa with them. whatever they say you need to do.. im using an agency and im really happy, shes doing everything no headache and i suggested her to many people in this form, some used her and they are so happy. BUT i always feel not ok about this. because at the end of the day its not legal and there is a chance you will end up in a situation you really not want. When everything back normal the first thing im going to do is leave the country and get a new non-b and come back. Trust me soon or later you will feel the pain and weight on your shoulders if you use agency. At first it seems great. i know... 

I have a friend used agency to extend his non-o thai wife. they divorced and he is still on non-o extension.. he is having this stress moments every night thinking what if his ex-wife gets angry and tell things to the immigration?! because wife started to complain about the house they bought and she gave to him when divorcing but now started to ask to pay the full bank loan and of course he hasnt got that money... i know you are not kind of in this situation but the thing is.. YOU MAY soon or later.. who knows. but i gave you this example just to show my point about agencies. its like when you are in, you cannot out that easy... 

dont get me wrong im not blaming any agencies. all im trying to say is its not the best way and you will face it soon or later. 

my suggestion is dont use agency if you can. find a job.. im sure you can do teaching.. 

good luck

2 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

To be honest if you are married OR retired, you can use any good agency no problem. If non of them, many agencies will not or cannot help you because actually there is nothing they can do. 

When you use an agency, most of them will try to do things as legal as they can do. For example if you are married they will ask all documents, photos, etc. which you need to give to immigration anyway. The only thing here is the money which they can provide but you cannot. Thats all about the agencies. For example they cannot help if you are overstay 2-3 years. Which creates a question like then why i use agency.. So you can say agencies can only help you about the money (400K or 800K) thats all. So again if you are not married or retired, im not sure if you can find an agency which can help you. Maybe they will suggest you some ED visas but again thats something you can o without their help.

thats been said. 

I will try to explain you something about agencies. yes, they can solve he problem and again if you are married or retired. But the thing is... you will be never free again.. Always have to do your visa with them. whatever they say you need to do.. im using an agency and im really happy, shes doing everything no headache and i suggested her to many people in this form, some used her and they are so happy. BUT i always feel not ok about this. because at the end of the day its not legal and there is a chance you will end up in a situation you really not want. When everything back normal the first thing im going to do is leave the country and get a new non-b and come back. Trust me soon or later you will feel the pain and weight on your shoulders if you use agency. At first it seems great. i know... 

I have a friend used agency to extend his non-o thai wife. they divorced and he is still on non-o extension.. he is having this stress moments every night thinking what if his ex-wife gets angry and tell things to the immigration?! because wife started to complain about the house they bought and she gave to him when divorcing but now started to ask to pay the full bank loan and of course he hasnt got that money... i know you are not kind of in this situation but the thing is.. YOU MAY soon or later.. who knows. but i gave you this example just to show my point about agencies. its like when you are in, you cannot out that easy... 

dont get me wrong im not blaming any agencies. all im trying to say is its not the best way and you will face it soon or later. 

my suggestion is dont use agency if you can. find a job.. im sure you can do teaching.. 

good luck

Appreciate the thought out response, if I was able to do things myself but I cannot, already had one ED visa and school told me it would be impossible to get another, hence why I'd like to use an agent. Just looking to find one who can help me for now until I can get into a situation where I can do things properly myself. Would you be willing to share your contact with me by chance?

Guest Isaanlife
20 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

thats been said. 

good luck

If you move to Thailand with no money to stay legally, you get what you deserve when you get caught.

6 minutes ago, sleepwalker999 said:

Why not get a job?

If you can't get a job then maybe try Vietnam or Cambodia where it is much easier to stay long term without being retired or working. 

I'll only be here a year longer otherwise I would be, just need something to get me through this last year.

1 hour ago, sleepwalker999 said:

If you can't get a job then maybe try Vietnam or Cambodia where it is much easier to stay long term without being retired or working. 

2 years ago that was true for Vietnam.

Currently, every foreigner on a Tourist Visa has been kicked out - the final group who still remained, after staying there at least 2 years, given 7 days notice there would be no further monthly renewals and if not out in 7 days they would be on Overstay.

This was declared right after the Overstay fines were doubled,  and the country including all Government offices about to shut down for 9 days for the Tet holiday.

Avoid.

Edited by JimmyJ

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

thats been said. 

good luck

If you will have money in the future you don't have to use an agency forever

4 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

If you will have money in the future you don't have to use an agency forever

That is correct for a extension of stay based upon marriage.

But not for retirement due to the requirement to prove you kpet 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after the date of application and then 400k baht until the account is topped up to 800k baht again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

I would be interested as well in recommendations for a Bangkok Visa agent to help with a Retirement Extension based on bank deposit.

You could try ThaiVisaCentre or Bangkok Buddy in Bangkok.

Also read current thread with same question asked for Pattaya.

Few good agents in Pattaya folk from BKK use them also.

• Thanks 1

I recall that in the

past Thai Visa Centre and Grace used to be mentioned frequently.

Post scandal yours is the 1st recommendation I've noticed.

I was curious what the current view is, so will consider them now that you've mentioned them.

44 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Post scandal yours is the 1st recommendation I've noticed.

Wasn't a scandal.

For any agent check out their reviews. They have many good reviews. 

You will always find few horror reviews for any businesses such as hotels etc.

48 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Wasn't a scandal.

For any agent check out their reviews. They have many good reviews. 

You will always find few horror reviews for any businesses such as hotels etc.

Yes, I should have written "quote scandal unquote" or figured out another term.

I'd definitely seen them in the forum widely recommended in the past.

42 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Yes, I should have written "quote scandal unquote" or figured out another term.

I'd definitely seen them in the forum widely recommended in the past.

"Scandal" ?? Intrigued can it be spoken of ??

On 2/6/2022 at 7:03 PM, LoeiI said:

"Scandal" ?? Intrigued can it be spoken of ??

Grace was temporarily detained by the police over allegations of visa forgery and marijuana cultivation. All of the visas handled by Thai Visa Centre were then officially checked and validated. Grace went back to work, all charges dropped apparently.

• Thanks 1