Test and go insurance length required for non imm O

We have non immigrant O visas, just renewed for 1 year. Planning a trip and will be back in Thailand with 8 months left on current visa extension. With the current requirements for entry into Thailand, will we need the $50,000 health coverage for the entire 8 months?

Side point, but also a bit frustrating, is that we have health coverage here in Thailand that specifically states that it covers Covid 19, yet it only about $25,000 in total coverage, so apparently cannot use that for entry. 

thanks in advance. 

Many people have been able to use 30 days of covid 19 insurance and got a Thailand Pass to enter the country.

If you could get a policy that only covered $25,000 you could use both insurances for the Thailand Pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jnak said:

We have non immigrant O visas, just renewed for 1 year. Planning a trip and will be back in Thailand with 8 months left on current visa extension. With the current requirements for entry into Thailand, will we need the $50,000 health coverage for the entire 8 months?

On the Thai Pass application just put your date down for leaving thailand before the expiry of insurance.

I landed from the UK on Nov 5th on a 90 day 'O' visa obtained fro the Thai Embassy online in UK. I paid for 90 days insurance.

Have just converted the 'O' visa to 'Retirement' basis. No further insurance paid.

(Just confirms what some others are saying). GL

Can you share how much insurance you needed for the 90 days O visa. I get conflicting information from the consulate in US.

LA consulate ( Insurance – Applicant must have a health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for covid-19 disease with the total sum insured of THB 3,000,000 (100,000 USD) per policy year.) and the

DC consulate (Applicant must have a Thai health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 baht

I think I might end up just applying for the visa exempt to enter thailand versus getting an O up front 

43 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

DC consulate (Applicant must have a Thai health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 baht

That is the correct amount needed. You apply for the visa online.

Entering visa exempt is probably the easiest way.