Thai Prime Minister urges the public to understand living with Covid-19 Coronavirus safely under preventive measures

webfact

8 hours ago, nickmondo said:

its more like 100,000 every day, minimum

dont panic, its a cold.

2 shots prevents serious illness and hospitalisation

3 shots even better

just live normal............see Denmark.

And UK ????

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tlcwaterfall said:

Agree with you and this is exactly what he wants. Keep the public fearful and then they will more readily accept the onerous and stupid ongoing restrictions.

Especially with the Thai tendency to NOT question authority anyway, whether it be teachers doctors or prime muddlers ministers. That's not racist, by the way, just a characteristic that I and many others have observed over the years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, madmitch said:

The Prime Minister then ordered the government to create a public understanding that people could all live with Covid-19 safely under strict preventive measures.

In other words normality is a long way off.

The normality that you are imagining will never happen. You can't turn the clock back. The world has changed and there is no way back to pre covid, or haven't you noticed? Wishful thinking will not put the genie back into the bottle. Much as we hate the term "new normal" that term applies. From there we simply build back as best we can.  

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, RPCVguy said:

The transition to reopening the society has begun, but it needs be a cautious and staged transition.

The worlds medical scientists are saying omicron is very weak ( acknowledged by the General ) in comparison to Delta and is the ideal antidote for the virus to be beaten so open the borders remove ridiculous restrictions and get the population used to it, hiding from it just exacerbates and prolongs the situation.

The Guardian tells you what IT wants to tell you.

5 hours ago, thailand49 said:

keep it simple OPEN COME ONE COME ALL!????

Yes, yes, yes as long as they are GENUINELY vaxed at least two times and preferably with a third booster with a top class vaccine, O A ZENICA, PHIZER, MODERNA or other reputable vaccines that are proven to work.

12 hours ago, mike1967 said:

Does this include a ten day holiday in prison, sorry hospital?

Both my girlfriend and I tested positive, first via ATK test, then PCR test at San Sai Hispital.  They wanted to put the “grabbus” on me, but since my symptoms were mild, I refused. I signed an AMA waiver and bailed out with the medications they provided me.  I’ve been at home since then and will be free to leave self-quarantine on the 11th. 

A friend of mine was not so lucky. He decided to check out Hua Hin before flying back to the U.S.  Prior to his flight home he took a PCR test.  That’s when he found out he had the crud. Since he’s a tourist with no residence in Thailand, he’ll be spending ten days in a hospitel setting before he’s released to go home. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ibtg68 said:

Both my girlfriend and I tested positive, first via ATK test, then PCR test at San Sai Hispital.  They wanted to put the “grabbus” on me, but since my symptoms were mild, I refused. I signed an AMA waiver and bailed out with the medications they provided me.  I’ve been at home since then and will be free to leave self-quarantine on the 11th. 

A friend of mine was not so lucky. He decided to check out Hua Hin before flying back to the U.S.  Prior to his flight home he took a PCR test.  That’s when he found out he had the crud. Since he’s a tourist with no residence in Thailand, he’ll be spending ten days in a hospitel setting before he’s released to go home. 

Useful info but I won't be taking the risk. I'm sure the authorities believe Thailand is Covid free!!

2 hours ago, Jimjim1 said:

Yes, yes, yes as long as they are GENUINELY vaxed at least two times and preferably with a third booster with a top class vaccine, O A ZENICA, PHIZER, MODERNA or other reputable vaccines that are proven to work.

What is a O A Zenia,  PHizer?  ????

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok – Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O’Cha urged the public to understand a new way of living safely with the Covid-19 Coronavirus, a government spokesperson stated today, February 7th.

Thais have already adapted to the new normal: lift your mask from under your chin whenever you see a foreigner, walk widely around them and glare at them as though they personally created covid and brought it to Thailand.  (OK.  It's not every Thai, or even most, but it sucks when it happens.)

Totally agree. Enough of the masks. If one wishes not to be vaccinated, it should be their personal responsibility to wear a mask and social distance. I am more worried about obesity, heart disease, and diabetes from sitting at home for two years, avoiding any daytime activities because it’s simply too uncomfortable and hot to even walk 100 meters wearing a mask. Nothing to do at night. Boring.  What a waste of life. Time to end this insanity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, chilli42 said:

So why not just let ‘er rip and be done with it?  Sure there will be deaths, there are deaths now.  They are trying to hold back the tide and sooner or later they are going to have to bite the bullet.  May as well do that now when the virus at large is the weakest so far.

I'm not sure there will be deaths. People die all the time with a cold. This is not Delta.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

Totally agree. Enough of the masks. If one wishes not to be vaccinated, it should be their personal responsibility to wear a mask and social distance. I am more worried about obesity, heart disease, and diabetes from sitting at home for two years, avoiding any daytime activities because it’s simply too uncomfortable and hot to even walk 100 meters wearing a mask. Nothing to do at night. Boring.  What a waste of life. Time to end this insanity. 

I've said it before, but when this pandemic is over the world will still have to deal all the health issues you mentioned. those morbidity conditions aren't to go away magically because there is no covid to contend with.

Edited by BayArea
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Virt said:

I live in a cold dark country in Scandinavia and we have dropped all restrictions a week ago.

You know what?

I prefer to stay here in this cold climate and live with no restrictions like a free human being, compared to traveling to Thailand and deal with all the restrictions.

I'm triple vaxed with Pfizer btw and are positive for restrictions, but only when it's needed, but omicron changed the game plan.

I look forward to visiting Thailand again once ALL restrictions are lifted.

Until then my money are spent elsewhere, and i spent quite a large amount of money in Thailand.

12 trips in 9 years and I'm no cheap Charlie when i travel, and i hope i will be making another 12 trips the next 9 years.

See you when all restrictions are dropped 

I'm in the same situation, well not really - Florida weather is nicer this time of year, but there aren't any restrictions and I'm not going to Thailand until they drop the test on arrival. Until then, perfectly happy to spend my money here. I hope Thailand knows there are plenty of people like us that aren't risking their hospital stay scam.

• Like 1

"symptoms were not more severe than the Delta variant"

This comment from public health ministry is a lie, even the WHO who were slow to recognise or cautious at best.

The policing of rules on this permise is deliberate and therefore illegmate.

Disgraceful incompetents associated with diatribe TIT

My wife's "cousin" (family member) stopped by and later found out her son is Vaxxed, but tested positive for Omicron.

So, my son was scheduled to start preschool tomorrow, but now that's been delayed 10 days as a precaution.

My son still got playtime with another cousin but my wife was very careful they didn't eat out of the same bowl and wasn't shedding snot.

This is how you do it. ????

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, madmitch said:

The Prime Minister then ordered the government to create a public understanding that people could all live with Covid-19 safely under strict preventive measures.

In other words normality is a long way off.

Spot on,,,  and my thoughts exactly.. 

22 hours ago, thailand49 said:

What is a O A Zenia,  PHizer?  ????

Please try to read the reply properly, my spelling was correct, so what happened to yours?

Just for you to help clear up your ignorance OA ZENICA = Oxford Astra ZENICA and PHIZER are both very effective vaccinations especially when the first two are OAZ and the third given as a booster is PHIZER, therein providing up to 95% protection against serious illness and death.

The science says O A Z has been the most used across the world with immense success and the PHIZER booster has cemented that success.

I believe that around 2020 one of the first people to receive the O A Z vaccine was the General himself, I will stand corrected in this but I feel sure that this fact was reported in TV and the BKK post with pictures.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jimjim1 said:

Please try to read the reply properly, my spelling was correct, so what happened to yours?

Just for you to help clear up your ignorance OA ZENICA = Oxford Astra ZENICA and PHIZER are both very effective vaccinations especially when the first two are OAZ and the third given as a booster is PHIZER, therein providing up to 95% protection against serious illness and death.

The science says O A Z has been the most used across the world with immense success and the PHIZER booster has cemented that success.

I believe that around 2020 one of the first people to receive the O A Z vaccine was the General himself, I will stand corrected in this but I feel sure that this fact was reported in TV and the BKK post with pictures.

Yep!  Your there!  Covid Fatique = lack of humor.????