Foreign Man Threatens Vlogger on Soi Pothole

Mr Meeseeks

Guest Isaanlife
6 minutes ago, shdmn said:

I think he's the bar manager of that place.  If that vlogger shows his face on that street again there are a lot of people who will want a piece of him.  Thai and farang.

Total BS!

On 2/11/2022 at 10:34 AM, soi3eddie said:

Unwise, impolite, voyeuristic and definitely disrespectful IMO. Don't film ladies, bars or customers. Just don't do it. Many will be very unhappy as seen in the film. Go and film beaches and temples instead. Me personally I don't care and was even featured, unknowingly, walking down Soi Buakhao (spotted by a friend's partner online) and not a problem for me. For others it may be a major issue and they will not be happy. 

On 2/13/2022 at 11:31 PM, DaveE13 said:

There are a few good you tubers I watch from Thailand.  One is a youngish ozzie guy lives hua hin. Got a cute girlfriend. Being stuck in London since pandemic started not been back to Thailand I enjoy his vloggs. Although reason I not been back is due to work not stopped really since this covid started. Also Kev (RIP) was quite good with his hotel reviews etc.

Well Kev had to get into reviewing tatty hotels and condos after he was taken to court by 2 Thai woman for uploading footage of them having a nasty argument. His shagwell Inn effort was one of his finest!, like most Thai vloggers an unpleasant know it all.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:34 PM, Neeranam said:

I can't watch that video, is Pattaya really like that? The first bar was horrible, the shop he wanted to go into with the lady boy and fat women. Oh dear, I think I'll have nightmares. 

It's certainly not for everyone.

If you do decide to go, don't forget to bring some pearls to clutch.

image.png.5ce77d85ab731c90a28ced7985b8232d.png

• Haha 1

Guest Isaanlife

What in the world is wrong with these posters and all these other t*ts?

Do they think they have a right to privacy out in public in Thailand?

Do they they think they have a right to privacy in the red light district cavorting for prostitutes?

Come on man, this is Thailand.

For all the people scared crapless their wife will find out, either don't cheat on your wife and family, or grow a pair.

This vlogger makes his decisions, you all make yours. None of you are angels, that is for sure.

Anyone that is out in public that thinks they have a right to privacy is crazy.

And none of you will do a damn thing, because if you are the one caught on video starting a physical fight, you know what will happen to you.

It is hard to believe the coward-ness shown by a lot of posters here.

Grown men afraid of a vlogger? I am laughing so hard I can't believe it.

That video was pure entertain. In case you missed it, no Thai objected to his vlogging. Cops never came.

Only when he got in a scrum with the other foreigner did the girls come out of the bar. They were protecting their ATM after he got KO'd?

This holier than thou attitude that Thailand is some righteous place that follows the law is crazy.

He walked around a long, long time. Any cops take his camera away? Nope. Any Cops called? Nope.

Only a scrum with a bitter old man that obviously had issues with his own face being scene? Maybe he is the one with no work permit??????

Video was pure entertainment and just goes to show you what can happen in Thailand. 

Bitter people that weren't even there or even know him, wishing harm will come to him? 

What kind of nutter thinks that?

I think for the lot of folks scared over this ordeal, they must live in constant fear of cheating on their wives? or something else? 

If I was sitting in a bar drinking a beer and saw this go down, I would be laughing my damn head off.

One other thing? I could care less if I was in the video or not. There must be 1000 people in that video and the ones doing the loudest complaining and wishing physical harm on him are right here in the post.

If you weren't even there and wishing ill will on someone you don't even know, I would hate, hate, hate to have your life.

Scared to be seen out in public in Thailand? 

A thought just occurred to me?

If all you cowards were out there and not wanting your ugly faces to be on video, what happened if it was a Thai vlogger who had 10 of his buddies with him?

You know what you would do? Yes, yes you do.

Coward away and not say a word as your face gets plastered all over Youtube.

Or start some trouble and get stomped into the ground on video anyways. I am sure that would go viral as Thai's love to see farang's getting stomped!

Not smart to start trouble in Thailand because this could happen!

tvid.PNG

Guest Isaanlife
39 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

From what I know about YouTube, a million views gets you about 1,000 pounds.

So this peeping Tom has earnt about 26 quid from this video. Maybe that's a fortune to some Isaan pauper, but not to most of us.????

Least I am not afraid of showing my face!

Guest Isaanlife
43 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Really? So if your wife or daughter was hanging out at the local swimming pool or the beach in her bikini and some scruffy old man followed her around taking pictures of her and subsequently posting them on the internet to make some cash, that would just be too bad for her? It wouldn't bother you? You'd conclude that she must have something to hide?

Strange logic indeed. ????

As for getting laid out, if the bar owner wasn't an OAP it would have happened already. Let him keep spinning the wheel, sooner or later someone less geriatric will try and succeed.

I need to dig up a photo I have of at least 10 monks in Koh Chang, taking photos of my wife standing in the water in her bikini.

Do you think I should have gone over there and cracked them all? What are they doing with camera's anyways?

What behavior do you expect now that social media is all around us?

My wife is a US citizen, well traveled and I am sure people all over the damn world have taken her picture at the beach. So what?

Outside of Thailand people are not as uptight as you are.

Have you ever been to a beach in the South of France, Australia, Florida, Caribbean, where the women walk around with no tops?

Sure there are crack pots taking pictures all over the place, so what?

No one will lay this guy out because people are scared s******* of going to a Thai prison, or getting deported. 

See my latest post, see that farang running? That is what happens.

15 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Total BS!

????‍♂️

He replied to a thread about it on another board and 'invited' the guy to come back.  You are welcome to step away from your imaginary virtual world calling people liars and go into meat space to verify it yourself, or just contact them.

https://www.facebook.com/English-Rose-bar-and-guest-house-609952952390363/

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 1

A lot of posts objecting to being filmed by a youtuber inside a bar, and rightly so, but I would say about 99% of establishments here have CCTV, so the whole bar is being filmed and recorded on a DVR under the bar or inside the office.  

Just something to remember.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

The CCTV security film is not normally uploaded to YouTube for the whole world to watch is it?

Sure, but what's stopping any owner from doing it, or just supplying a link to friends, family, regular customers etc to watch the bar's live stream?  

Point being, you have no idea where that footage is going, and where it may be able to be viewed. 

Like I said, just something to remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

The CCTV security film is not normally uploaded to YouTube for the whole world to watch is it?

During Covid there were a lot of bars doing live streaming as a way to supplement income.... sad sods back in farang land could buy girls drinks from afar and get a 'cheers' over the internet! Expats would position themselves where these cameras did not cover!

I've asked a Thai bar owner to kick a vlogger out of a private land owned bar complex some months ago myself. He was videotaping every foreigner with a bar girl. I wonder how that even works legally, it is not a public road or place anymore by then. They actually IDed the guy by his rented motorbike.

Very bad for business, I hate it big time and even avoid certain areas I used to frequent for a drink due to that. Not exactly wishing to be on YouTube after having had a beer on Cowboy or anywhere else.

When enough of these youtube videos exist and one guy is smart to apply face recon software on it, he would get a very lucrative business. To not forget the girls who really not want their parents or relates to know, that is why they often work in another province in the first place.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

During Covid there were a lot of bars doing live streaming as a way to supplement income.... sad sods back in farang land could buy girls drinks from afar and get a 'cheers' over the internet! Expats would position themselves where these cameras did not cover!

Then you have a choice, like one of the bars I useally visit in Pattay, he told everyone he was going go live, and those who did not wanted to be exposed could sit on the other end. 

Edited by Hummin

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Then you have a choice, like on the bars I useally visit in Pattay, he told everyone he was going go live, and those who did not wanted to be exposed could sit on the other end. 

I'd leave the place who did that and never come back. Would cost him more than the video brings up in ads on just one night alone, we usually easily spend 10-15K with the 3 of us.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Then you have a choice, like one of the bars I useally visit in Pattay, he told everyone he was going go live, and those who did not wanted to be exposed could sit on the other end. 

Well if you are told beforehand good, although it is a bit disconcerting if one has to dance around these things on the way to the bathroom. Many might prefer to find a place where this was not happening. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I'd leave the place who did that and never come back. Would cost him more than the video brings up in ads on just one night alone, we usually easily spend 10-15K with the 3 of us.

He collected money for the girls who he normally during covid would have laid off. He did a good job to support the girls, the children home, and also participate with handing out food in Pattaya to hose who needed it. He is a popular bar owner with many friends all over Scandinavia, and never filmed the other part of the bar. He have also have quite a few girls who have been with him for more than a decade, and thats should say it all. 

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

He collected money for the girls who he normally during covid would have laid off. He did a good job to support the girls, the children home, and also participate with handing out food in Pattaya to hose who needed it. He is a popular bar owner with many friends all over Scandinavia, and never filmed the other part of the bar. He have also have quite a few girls who have been with him for more than a decade, and thats should say it all. 

Yeah but he did not tell the girls that data never goes away, and what modern technology can do, what the long term consequences are. It is just a stupid idea to begin with, nothing to talk good about this. Then he should have done it without psychical customers in the bar.

Just like many (ex)webcam girls have no idea what the consequences are, well many actually do and now have lifelong problems due to that. As well videos endlessly spread around, even that is illegal.

For the latter they might know what they started to do, but many are unaware of the fact that this is going to be around forever. And few know what face recon. can do over time.

It is typical thai logic: short term benefits, long term losses.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Time he got some fresh young ones?

Exactly, it is bad news if you had the same girls for over a decade lol, that means they are old. Makes sense they all agreed, it likely would be the only business they can get.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Yeah but he did not tell the girls that data never goes away, and what modern technology can do, what the long term consequences are. It is just a stupid idea to begin with, nothing to talk good about this. Then he should have done it without psychical customers in the bar.

Just like many (ex)webcam girls have no idea what the consequences are, well many actually do and now have lifelong problems due to that. As well videos endlessly spread around, even that is illegal.

For the latter they might know what they started to do, but many are unaware of the fact that this is going to be around forever. And few know what face recon. can do over time.

It is typical thai logic: short term benefits, long term losses.

It is one of the better bars where you can sit and enjoy yur drink, and if one of the ladies choose to talk to you, she come to you, and mot pushed by a mammasan. So not a typical girly bar where you are asked for ladydrinks and feel pushed to play the game. Relaxed and decent so I would not be worried if I was aired from this location. 

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Exactly, it is bad news if you had the same girls for over a decade lol, that means they are old. Makes sense they all agreed, it likely would be the only business they can get.

You need someone you can trust, and who do their job, and they are the ones who stay long in the business, since they get proper paid. The party girls come and go. 

The hardest thing when run a bisiness in Thailand, is to have trained staff you can trust, party girls come and go as said. 

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It is one of the better bars where you can sit and enjoy yur drink, and if one of the ladies choose to talk to you, she come to you, and mot pushed by a mammasan. So not a typical girly bar where you are asked for ladydrinks and feel pushed to play the game. Relaxed and decent so I would not be worried if I was aired from this location. 

Almost none of the bars in the past decade have a pushy mamasan, that is only in gogo bars. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

You need someone you can trust, and who do their job, and they are the ones who stay long in the business, since they get proper paid. The party girls come and go. 

The hardest thing when run a bisiness in Thailand, is to have trained staff you can trust, party girls come and go as said. 

That is not the business model of a bar that sells drinks and barfines, you actually do need a lot of rotation to keep the same customers. This is why the better bars and places in Pattaya used to switch each others staff around, to keep things fun.

Anyway, keep live streaming, the bar will be more empty over time ????

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Almost none of the bars in the past decade have a pushy mamasan, that is only in gogo bars. 

Still they got a mammasan who choose customers for the girls, and who is next in line. Call it pushy or not, still a system where she is in charge

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Still they got a mammasan who choose customers for the girls, and who is next in line. Call it pushy or not, still a system where she is in charge

I am not sure where you ever been, but I haven't had that issue in 95% of the bars I been, and i have been to way too many. Even in bars with a mamasan it is up to the customer and girl wether they drink together and have other fun.

The mamasan just makes sure the bar keeps earning, that would be as pushy as it can get, and even that isn't in many places. The mamasan might try, but if you are polite and clear of what you do, no issues at all. Not sure where you get this fantasy reality from unless you are entirely new. Actually one of our challenges is always to get the mamasan to go with one of us, that makes her leave fast.

Gogo bars is a different game of business, but a vlogger wouldn't be in there too ????

Edited by ChaiyaTH