Foreign Man Threatens Vlogger on Soi Pothole

Mr Meeseeks

2 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

That is not the business model of a bar that sells drinks and barfines, you actually do need a lot of rotation to keep the same customers. This is why the better bars and places in Pattaya used to switch each others staff around, to keep things fun.

Anyway, keep live streaming, the bar will be more empty over time ????

Exactly, you can not tell if the lady have been in businees for a month or the more useal 3 months, or a decade if she is not looking 20 uears old, who really look like 15 most of the times if you ask me. 

Every new fresh lady in the bar, have most likely been working somewhere else. 

Anyway, as said, every business need a good base with experienced girls, then you add the party girls. You can not run a bar with party girls only, so who to keep during covid? 

Party girls go to the bars who give them best terms or most customers as freelancers.

Im quite sure some punters in Pattay see a girls online from a bar, would jump in a car and go if he fancy her. As well many sit abroad and pay lady drinks for the girls. 

It works for some who know how to broadcast, and also preserve the local clients interests

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im quite sure some punters in Pattay see a girls online from a bar, would jump in a car and go if he fancy her. As well many sit abroad and pay lady drinks for the girls. 

It works for some who know how to broadcast, and also preserve the local clients interests

One must be quite desperate to watch girls in a bar Online, while being in Thailand, or a complete cheapskate. Broadcasting live in a girl bar with customers is simply a big NO, I can't wait for the time they start arresting and deporting these vloggers. 

The guy who did it at that complex was in fact tracked down, he never has been back in town since. Any idea what it could cost someone in a business or marriage, they rather spend 100-200K on the vlogger than on a divorce, or losing business due to being in such tapes.

We have friends who are married too and never take a girl, yet like to join us. They can't sell that to the wife for sure, she would kill us all.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

25 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

One must be quite desperate to watch girls in a bar Online, while being in Thailand, or a complete cheapskate. Broadcasting live in a girl bar with customers is simply a big NO, I can't wait for the time they start arresting and deporting these vloggers. 

The guy who did it at that complex was in fact tracked down, he never has been back in town since.

Haha, well thats how it have been for awhile, and they provide quite alot money for the bar owners and also the girls. Intersting. 

I cant say I like most vloggers, but some few are decent and do a good job giving intersting trip reports, where I have also got inspired to put in to my map and go to as well on my motorbike. But filming in red light districts you deserve whats coming. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Haha, well thats how it have been for awhile, and they provide quite alot money for the bar owners and also the girls. Intersting. 

I fant say I like most vloggers, but some few are decent and do a good job giving intersting trip reports, where I have also got inspired to put in to my map and go to as well on my motorbike. But filming in red light districts you deserve whats coming. 

I have no issue with vloggers who know where and what to film, or not to film, too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

No work permits, no drone permits, not paying taxes in Thailand, giving out false information mostly promoting themselves, invading peoples privacy, flaunting Thai females to promote views, asking for money on and on.

They really need to make this all illegal or at least highly regulated.  Mostly scum it seems.

It's like having the poor guys they wanted out of Thailand back, but now they also record all of us in their videos. They only cause damage and also show things the government actually not wants public (girl bars being one, let alone that they expose corrupt cops etc). I'd rather have begging hippies back then.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

@Isaanlife makes some very good and valid points.

Many of the level-headed among us would not go around unashamedly pointing cameras at working ladies and the guys in bars.

Likewise, most of us do not want to filmed, especially when having fun. But to get all high & mighty and violent is clearly a step too far.

Vlogging a Dead Horse seems like a harmless man, and although he has lots of hits and a fair few subscribers, I would hedge a bet that a large chunk have come from this thread and similar posts stemming from this one video. His content could be watchable if he edited out all the nonsense of him talking to himself. Get to the point, man! But at least he shows his face!

If you want to see a true scumbag voyeur, go to YouTube and search for Bangkok 112 or Bangkok112. He was inactive for a year but appears to have posted this week. A million subscribers get to see him spy on people on the streets, just looking for fun. He's English, and not so old, which I figured when he tried to buy masks on Soi 4/Nana at the start of Covid. What upsets me though is that me posting this will increase his view count. ????????

I will paste his channel here but not sure if it's within forum rules.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Bangkok112/videos 

19 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I have no issue with vloggers who know where and what to film, or not to film, too.

If I dont like what I see, I just dont watch their videos. To much constructed situations, and overplayed parts either to fantastic described, since you will know if you have been there at the location, or the hotels they manage to get cheap prices from or even free stay is hyped up. 

And after watched a few episodes, hear them telling you pakha pao (pad kra pao) tasting fantastic, you know you dealing with a dead end. 

Also those who are experts on thai farang relations, who generalize to make it more intersting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If I dont like what I see, I just dont watch their videos. To much constructed situations, and overplayed parts either to fantastic described, since you will know if you have been there at the location, or the hotels they manage to get cheap prices from or even free stay is hyped up. 

And after watched a few episodes, hear them telling you pakha pao (pad kra pao) tasting fantastic, you know you dealing with a dead end. 

Also those who are experts on thai farang relations, who generalize to make it more intersting. 

That is even another part of it, those guys all repeat the same stuff that others did already. Same with the latest guy from australia and his cheap videos of Pattaya and Bangkok. It isn't even sustainable as a business in the first place but whatever. 

Sitting like a homeless person behaving weird around sukhumvit and then making a video about how strange it is that the police checked up on him. Just so tiring. 

They do work illegally, sooner or later they will all meet the consequences in a nice or not nice way. They actually aren't even like digital nomads who earn with a job abroad, they earn from footage in and about Thailand, which essentially means they really work in Thailand.

Completely different than someone who actually travels around (the world) and makes genuine videos. It is the same with sailboat channels, they now all buy <deleted>ty boats to then make 1000 videos about how to fix them up, without actually sailing. To die off a few years later.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

That is even another part of it, those guys all repeat the same stuff that others did already. Same with the latest guy from australia and his cheap videos of Pattaya and Bangkok. It isn't even sustainable as a business in the first place but whatever. 

They do work illegally, sooner or later they will all meet the consequences in a nice or not nice way. They actually aren't even like digital nomads who earn with a job abroad, they earn from footage in and about Thailand. 

Completely different than someone who actually travels around (the world) and makes genuine videos. It is the same with sailboat channels, they now all buy <deleted>ty boats to then make 1000 videos about how to fix them up, without actually sailing. To die off a few years later.

Well, the Australian started off for me when I first discoverd him with Chynthia as a fresh elemement in his videos, but he f….. that up, and I stopped watching. Could have been intersting if they continued and managed to renew the stories as it went

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, the Australian started off for me when I first discoverd him with Chynthia as a fresh elemement in his videos, but he f….. that up, and I stopped watching. Could have been intersting if they continued and managed to renew the stories as it went

It's all clickbait titles with half misinformation or a pretty girl, that generates the views. Any other video and you right away see how little views it gets.

4 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It's all clickbait titles with half misinformation or a pretty girl, that generates the views. Any other video and you right away see how little views it gets.

I bet he could have made more views if he understood less is more, but that is the hardest part of all when it comes to produce any kind of entertainment. You have to leave your audience hungry for more. But stupid youtube commercial uppertunities, force vlogger to keep on for ages with empty content. 

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I bet he could have made more views if he understood less is more, but that is the hardest part of all when it comes to produce any kind of entertainment. You have to leave your audience hungry for more. But stupid youtube commercial uppertunities, force vlogger to keep on for ages with empty content. 

They are desperate to earn as much as possible, as soon as possible, from their vids, hence those results. Its always the same stuff:

- How to live or travel very cheap (unrealistic)
- Showing a pretty girl on the cover or in the video itself
- Clickbait titles while repeating things that are old or shown by others already
- Showing very expensive hotels or condo's, why I don't know
- Etc etc.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 5:22 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

This is my thoughts too. 

Different if you were inside a bar and he came in and started filming without your permission.

Also, if I was wanting to play with the ladies and not be spotted, I wouldn't sit in an open air bar. As it is I don't care who sees me if I am in a bar! ????

Used to be that anyone taking photos of people in bar areas would be in serious strife, but about the time that the tourist groups started going through Walking Street that changed, and seemed like everyone was taking photos and vdos.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Used to be that anyone taking photos of people in bar areas would be in serious strife, but about the time that the tourist groups started going through Walking Street that changed, and seemed like everyone was taking photos and vdos.

Yes, used to get lasers shone at you in Walking St.... and might get you the attention of security. 

On 2/19/2022 at 1:52 AM, bkk6060 said:

No work permits, no drone permits, not paying taxes in Thailand, giving out false information mostly promoting themselves, invading peoples privacy, flaunting Thai females to promote views, asking for money on and on.

They really need to make this all illegal or at least highly regulated.  Mostly scum it seems.

I'm surprised the Thai's didn't crackdown on it.  I have no idea why they didn't. 

Obviously, a tourist on a 30 day visa exemption who is here on a holiday it a real "vlogger."  Someone living here, churning out videos and live streams every few days, and making money from them, under Thai law, is working, and probably should need a journalist visa or a new digital nomad visa.  

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2022 at 1:48 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

The guy who did it at that complex was in fact tracked down, he never has been back in town since. Any idea what it could cost someone in a business or marriage, they rather spend 100-200K on the vlogger than on a divorce, or losing business due to being in such tapes.

We have friends who are married too and never take a girl, yet like to join us. They can't sell that to the wife for sure, she would kill us all.

The younger generation of monger coming through are very much rapped up in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok etc etc.  

A bar that bought cameras and associated hardware for filming / streaming during covid could put their hardware to use, post covid, by setting up a corner of the bar, and I said, A CORNER, so no other customers are filmed, for younger guys who can ring the bell, pay maybe 200 baht for an instant live stream for 10 minutes, and they could send the link to their friends and family a minute before going live, and show themselves partying on in Pattaya with all the bar girls. 

The younger guys would love it, and it's an extra income and good advertisement for the bar.  

In the age where social media rules, the "look at me, look at me" generation actually want to be seen on camera.  

Such is the need to feel like a celebrity this generation, I wouldn't be surprised if a bar offering such a service wouldn't become popular purely because they offer the service. 

Edited by Leaver

On 2/18/2022 at 7:03 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

They are desperate to earn as much as possible, as soon as possible, from their vids, hence those results. Its always the same stuff:

- How to live or travel very cheap (unrealistic)
- Showing a pretty girl on the cover or in the video itself
- Clickbait titles while repeating things that are old or shown by others already
- Showing very expensive hotels or condo's, why I don't know
- Etc etc.

One guy in Pattaya does nothing but look at condo's with this cam out acting like he's going to rent a place and just wasting people's time. He never shows his face and avoids the mirrors as he walks around the room. It's just his voice.

Another old school guy (JC) used to interview expats on the fly up in CM (he approached me once and I avoided him by losing him in a cosmetics store). He has sense stopped and is lying low.

It's very much for profit just churning out new video's to show ads on. There's no benefit to the subjects really. My suggestion is to avoid being on cam as there are hundreds or thousands viewing these video's online and people making unmoderated comments on them.

Edited by JimTripper

On 2/19/2022 at 2:52 AM, bkk6060 said:

Yeah, some of them are real creeps no matter how hard they try to camouflage it.

There is 1 YouTube producer I do enjoy, Mr. Chad of CB MEDIA. 

He does an excellent job, mostly covering the automotive/motorsports scene in Thailand.

Not the usual "Bangkok Motor Show" stuff. He takes his viewers to events that most here never knew existed. 

Check him out. You'll be glad you did.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of this is the particular vlogger in question. Other vlogs everyone is happy, smiling and no face hiding, so it's got to be him unless other vlogs are editing negative interactions out.

He seems like a decent guy but people are being put off probably by how he looks or dresses is my guess.

Edited by JimTripper

On 3/7/2022 at 6:47 AM, LarrySR said:

He does an excellent job, mostly covering the automotive/motorsports scene in Thailand.

Not the usual "Bangkok Motor Show" stuff. He takes his viewers to events that most here never knew existed. 

He left Thailand?

I have a problem with vloggers who make videos longer than 6min ???? Anything longer than 6 min, it need som serious essens, but I will look at some of his vids to see if there is of any interest. 

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

He left Thailand?

I have a problem with vloggers who make videos longer than 6min ???? Anything longer than 6 min, it need som serious essens, but I will look at some of his vids to see if there is of any interest. 

you can increase the playback speed on YouTube

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

He left Thailand?

It took me 4:52 before I start fast forward and skipping parts. 

And he is of course not leaving Thailand for good

5 hours ago, champers said:

He is due back in Pattaya any day now to sort out his visa extension. 

I predict he will be vlogging from the English Rose on Soi Pothole sharing a cold one with the bar owner.

Here is the vlogger in question, if anyone's interested. See all the tattoo's, people are turned off because of the ink and dress is my guess. 

On 3/7/2022 at 6:47 AM, LarrySR said:

I agree, Chad does a good job, but he's had training in production.  As another member had posted, he has left Thailand, and it's doubtful he will be back in the same capacity..

He's one of the ones that really is / was working here as, basically, a journalist. 

We laugh at the work permit comment in this thread, but it surprises me the Thai's didn't see a baht in it and crackdown on it, forcing them to get work permits, especially when these youtubers can publish videos that can show Thailand in a poor light.  Eg. food handouts etc.