Pattaya: Nurse steals dying ICU patient's ATM card and gets his cash out of the machine

webfact

49 minutes ago, Sunnny said:

To be honest - it is a worldwide disease these days. Sums my differ (depending on country's economical level) - but they love money with the same passion everywhere.

I accept that, but I have never known a country that's on the same economic level where their citizens kill so much for it, and sell their women into prostitution so much for it.  Do you?  

I don't make this comment out of any racism, just my observations and experience of the nation, and its people.  

20 minutes ago, Sunnny said:

You are right. Not because they are hungry. But because they are SEX-hungry!

I think MONEY-hungry is a better description.  

Anyway, I didn't invent the phrase "Money Number One" for Thailand.  Do you disagree with it?  

18 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

She has ruined her career and reputation for 4,500 baht.

She admitted to the crime. Doubtful charges will even stick. Probably looking at 500 Baht fine and an apology. Now if she was farang, definitely looking at jail time and deportation. 

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're calling her a liar when you have no idea at all if her assertion was a lie?

Yes, I can make a judgement, she is a liar regardless if she said this is the 1st time she did it.

You sound very naïve. 

13 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I stand behind Thai's up here in Isaan and many stand at the ATM with bits of paper, keying in account numbers and Pins. 

So hardly surprising the info was to be obtained easily.

But no excuse for the nurse to take advantage of a patient, silly woman.

Doesn't have to be in Issarn, happens at Pattaya ATMs too!

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

Thailand is known as "The World's Brothel."    It's takes a special kind of greed for money for that to happen on a national basis. 

Thailand is no way near as poor as many other countries, including many African nations, yet, prostitution is huge here.  Hint - it's not because they are hungry.  

People murder each other for money every day in other countries. Which is worse, to kill for money or f&%k for money? You can argue the point until blue in the face, but the love of money and greed is universal, Thailand is no better, no worse.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, giddyup said:

People murder each other for money every day in other countries. Which is worse, to kill for money or f&%k for money? You can argue the point until blue in the face, but the love of money and greed is universal, Thailand is no better, no worse.

Perhaps just different. But the oriental love for money and worship of those with plenty of it is different.. 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

The family said that the hospital had yet to come through on promises made that if it was their own staff who stole the money they would fully reimburse the family.

I imagine they are negotiating with the family the money back, plus a little bit more for possible bad review !

2 hours ago, balo said:

Did she get the sack ? Probably not, just a wai and continue her work as a nurse.  Please name the hospital, just in case I could end up there. 

It says in the article Banglamung Hospital. Thefts from the dead or dying are common in most countries. Never go into hospital with any valuables.

22 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not really, with acute shortage of workers she'll move away and a new job in a jiffy... having said that, this is as low as you can stoop for human being to robe the dying.. Disgusting...

Not according to Thai logic.  By their thinking, if a person is about to die, he's not going to need money anymore.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're calling her a liar when you have no idea at all if her assertion was a lie?

Yes, I can make a judgement, she is a liar regardless if she said this is the 1st time she did it.

You sound very naïve. 

Giving the benefit of the (not inconsiderable) doubt is not "being naïve", it's being reasonable, especially when you have no idea whether she had done this before.   She's confessed to being a thief, there's no indication that she habitually lies about anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps just different. But the oriental love for money and worship of those with plenty of it is different.. 

Prove it. Saying it doesn't make it true.

Edited by giddyup

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

I accept that, but I have never known a country that's on the same economic level where their citizens kill so much for it, and sell their women into prostitution so much for it.  Do you?  

I don't make this comment out of any racism, just my observations and experience of the nation, and its people.  

Your biased opinion, nothing more.

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You disagree or not? 

Yes, I disagree. The West worships money and those that have it no different than Thailand, and the rich and powerful have a different set of rules and standards than the rest of us.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Giving the benefit of the (not inconsiderable) doubt is not "being naïve", it's being reasonable, especially when you have no idea whether she had done this before.   She's confessed to being a thief, there's no indication that she habitually lies about anything.

Judge Judy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Your observations are lacking a few key points regarding money in LOS.

LOS does not have a social security system, unemployment benefits or a credible pension scheme, and you wonder why LOS folk think about money and where to get it from...

If you spend your days in Pattaya on a bar stool watching the world go by, then perhaps I can understand your view of LOS...????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Hang 'em high brigade....????

As high as possible.

Just in......

The director of Banglamung Hospital in Pattaya told the media that the woman who stole a dying man's ATM card then helped herself to 4,500 baht of his cash at a cash machine is not a nurse. 

Dr Wasan Kaewwee said the relatives of the victim were probably confused about different jobs in hospitals. 

He said that the thief was in fact a person who looks after sick patients. 

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

As high as possible.

Just in......

The director of Banglamung Hospital in Pattaya told the media that the woman who stole a dying man's ATM card then helped herself to 4,500 baht of his cash at a cash machine is not a nurse. 

Dr Wasan Kaewwee said the relatives of the victim were probably confused about different jobs in hospitals. 

He said that the thief was in fact a person who looks after sick patients. 

A carer, bit like a nurse eh.....????