Phuket assassins latest: Guns were owned by retired cop and soldier

webfact

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Fascinating that the gun belonged to a man who had affiliations with the two most corrupt, morally bankrupt, and unethical organizations in Thailand. The RTP and the army.

And the stiff middle finger to Thai defamation law post of the day award goes to...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Guns in Thailand are very controlled.  It can take weeks to obtain the paperwork for owning one.  So they know exactly who the gun was registered as the owner.
These guys better have had a police report filed claiming they were stolen. If they 'pawned' them - well - it's illegal.  You can't offload guns that are registered to you.  So, unless filed as stolen?  Big problem either way except getting busted for selling firearms would be better than murder.

On the other hand...

1 hour ago, BKKBike09 said:

It says in the Thai original that the gun owned by the retired policeman (in his 70s) had been pawned to someone military, while the other gun was owned directly by someone military. It's not uncommon here for people to pawn a gun and that's how many legally registered weapons end up being used for criminal purposes. Each weapon has a permit specific to that weapon and the individual named as owner. It's illegal to have in your possession a gun that's not properly registered in your name (as an aside - e.g. foreigners who 'own' a gun but it's actually in their wife's name) so, what's a pawn shop owner, or anyone who's taken a gun from someone as collateral for a loan, to do when the registered owner can't/won't repay the loan / dies etc? They can't legally sell it because it's not in their name and they shouldn't have it in the first place. Hence these guns get sold on illicitly without, of course, the legal owner necessarily being any the wiser. 

For @connda, I think you'll agree that in Thailand, the construct of something being "illegal" depends on getting caught and if caught, how much money you have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, it was also reported that they left their brass (shell casings) and emptied both clips. 

But maybe they wanted it to look local/unprofessional?

Not holding my breath on this one.

Somewhat related as it pertains to the some of the gangs.

There was a killing at the Vancouver airport about a year ago that took place at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon which happened to be on Mothers day. Airport was busy. Police gave Chase as the gunmen fled however they were fired upon on a busy intersection and gave up pursuit so as to not endanger bystanders.

As stated in the news article at the time...

The murder "was targeted and carried out in broad daylight, with absolutely no regard for public safety", Richmond Chief Supt Will Ng said.

"This generation of gangsters is taking things to another level," he added. "They will stop at nothing to target rivals, even if it's an international airport in broad daylight on Mother's Day and putting everyone at risk, including shooting at a police officer."

The comment about making it look unprofessional etc..is a bit CSI'ish. Perhaps in a Liam Neason movie do the bad guys pick up the shell casings, wiping them free of finger prints, filing Down the registration numbers on the guns...

2 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

Go to the nearest 1%'r bar and ask for one with cash in hand 

An approach like that would end up with you being told in no uncertain terms to <deleted> off? If you didn’t heed that polite warning it would most probably end up with you getting a severe kicking?

I suggest that you stop watching so much Sons of Anarchy and thinking that you know about the 1% sub-culture before you get yourself and possibly others in a lot of trouble with your wild suggestions?

Wouldn't be a great suprise if the handguns were planted in order to deflect attention to an ex cop and soldier in order to buy some time. The RTP are that bent that their involvement is assured at some level. As for interpol, it makes me laugh to see them spouting about getting documents ready for interpol in stark contrast to their inability to do the same for "Boss".

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Im not sure about this story, I mean why would you put yourself in the firing line? How did the police trace the guns back to them? 

They forgot to erase the numbers of the guns before they sold them.

Just thinking out loud .

"Chalong police have been busy gathering evidence for the issuing of warrants to send to Interpol and the Canadian police in the next day or two to try and get the assassins arrested and brought back to Thailand."

Hope they have more luck than they have had in getting "Boss" detained! 

16 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Chalong police have been busy gathering evidence for the issuing of warrants to send to Interpol and the Canadian police in the next day or two to try and get the assassins arrested and brought back to Thailand."

Hope they have more luck than they have had in getting "Boss" detained! 

Be careful what you say about Chalong police 

2 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Wouldn't be a great suprise if the handguns were planted in order to deflect attention to an ex cop and soldier in order to buy some time. The RTP are that bent that their involvement is assured at some level. As for interpol, it makes me laugh to see them spouting about getting documents ready for interpol in stark contrast to their inability to do the same for "Boss".

...if they are/were worth their salt, the investigators had 20+ hours to pull all this together...starting with who flew out of Phuket...who then flew out of Thailand..i think i would have looked at Canada first, i don't really know why!..by the time the plane(s) landed they should already have the passenger manifest, profiles, history, background checks..etc etc. I think the owner of the handguns will have/already has reported them stolen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mokwit said:

Might have been legally registered. Guns are rented out for jobs. the alternative of course is that both the Policemen and the Soldier separately had their house broken into and their gun stolen............................

And not reported it? I not believe!!!

3 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

An approach like that would end up with you being told in no uncertain terms to <deleted> off? If you didn’t heed that polite warning it would most probably end up with you getting a severe kicking?

I suggest that you stop watching so much Sons of Anarchy and thinking that you know about the 1% sub-culture before you get yourself and possibly others in a lot of trouble with your wild suggestions?

Yeah. Bunch of HA choir boys in Rawai I'm sure. Pizz off princess.

If the guns were hot or black market, why care about wiped shell casings or serial numbers.  Toss them in ocean pronto.  Even if found no time to effect your exit plan. 

Why not empty the clips, complete job, send signal of no chance of survival, sound more like Chinese fireworks.  

Now as to who supplied them the guns and Intel?  

And did they get in with fake passports? 

How do they know the guys at airport are the ones?

6 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

It says in the Thai original that the gun owned by the retired policeman (in his 70s) had been pawned to someone military, while the other gun was owned directly by someone military. It's not uncommon here for people to pawn a gun and that's how many legally registered weapons end up being used for criminal purposes. Each weapon has a permit specific to that weapon and the individual named as owner. It's illegal to have in your possession a gun that's not properly registered in your name (as an aside - e.g. foreigners who 'own' a gun but it's actually in their wife's name) so, what's a pawn shop owner, or anyone who's taken a gun from someone as collateral for a loan, to do when the registered owner can't/won't repay the loan / dies etc? They can't legally sell it because it's not in their name and they shouldn't have it in the first place. Hence these guns get sold on illicitly without, of course, the legal owner necessarily being any the wiser. 

Not disagreeing with you but you sound like a defence lawyer ????. With the cops claiming the shooters were still in-country whilst they were on their way back to Canada, makes me think the hit was bought and paid for before the hitters even left for Thailand, and were given time to get out before the RTP involving Interpol

Edited by Dumbfounded

12 hours ago, mokwit said:

Might have been legally registered. Guns are rented out for jobs. the alternative of course is that both the Policemen and the Soldier separately had their house broken into and their gun stolen............................

Yes, the assassins arrived from Canada, checked out possible gun owners for a month or two, then broke into the policeman's and soldier's homes, just to steal the guns... Neither the cop, nor the soldier reported the break-ins, so the assassins were free to do the hit, before flying back to Canada. Sounds about right. ????

• Haha 2

Disposed of the guns near the shooting. I stand corrected, not professional hit men. The Murdered man again referred to as a Canadian national? Also reported he was deported. Can countries just deport their criminals? If so why bother with prisons? 

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Fascinating that the gun belonged to a man who had affiliations with the two most corrupt, morally bankrupt, and unethical organizations in Thailand. The RTP and the army. One can make a weak argument that the police serve a minor function here. Barely. But the army? What exactly do they do, besides drain the treasury of the nation, hold the country back, retard progress and increase poverty? 

Lest you forget spidermike, they are there to insure the political balance in favour of the elites.