It's A Goodbye From Him and A Goodbye From Me

Havenstreet1940

42 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Might prove easier said than done for her to obtain the necessary UK visa, though.

First let me say that I don't know how easy or how hard it is to take your wife to the UK. I am American, and I suspect If I tried to take my wife there with a tourist visa , it would be difficult. 

But for the US at least taking my fife there with a wife visa was not difficult at all , it just took some time and the proper paperwork. Actually my now for about 13 years wife , came to the US under a fiancé visa. and we got married there, but I understand the process  for a wife is similar if not easier. 

Anyway,  once there , if you both stay there for a length of time, (again I dont know what the process is in the UK) but my wife after 5 years got US citizenship, and now we travel anywhere we want any time we want. 

Well we did before covid LOL. 

But you know your particular circumstances and you best know how to prosed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Clivebaxter, the poster to whom I was responding was and you responded to that, connected, post of mine!     The stats that you said did not contain a grain of truth! 

Fair enough. I didn't notice you cut the quote just before Mr Baxter went on to say that you can choose to quarantine at home. That what the part I was referring to when I said it was untrue.

My bad. I should pay attention (or just not post after consuming beer).

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It is easy for a Thai married to Brit to get a UK visa, very easy. 

I thought one had to have a large financial security to get a visa for a married ( or fiance ) Thai woman.

I'm pretty sure that at one time it was almost impossible for an unmarried Thai female to arrive on a tourist visa, as it was assumed she was not intending to leave.

Perhaps that has changed.

After making it back after having been way for about two years , we have been here now for almost a year, and I am not happy. So I have been think about it,

What is different no? I used to love it here. 

Obviously what is different now is covid. .In the past there were were negatives to Thailand, like any other place in the world, but there war also positives that made the negatives palatable, Covid has eliminated many of these positives, , like traveling and going out with family, vibrant night markets, festivals etc. 

And for the past year all we had left has been the negatives and a constantly changing set of requirements.  

I wonder if it will ever get back to pre-Covid normalcy . Perhaps we need a bit of a separation to rekindle the romance ???? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

After making it back after having been way for about two years , we have been here now for almost a year, and I am not happy. So I have been think about it,

What is different no? I used to love it here. 

Obviously what is different now is covid. .In the past there were were negatives to Thailand, like any other place in the world, but there war also positives that made the negatives palatable, Covid has eliminated many of these positives, , like traveling and going out with family, vibrant night markets, festivals etc. 

And for the past year all we had left has been the negatives and a constantly changing set of requirements.  

I wonder if it will ever get back to pre-Covid normalcy . Perhaps we need a bit of a separation to rekindle the romance ???? 

If I could still live in LOS I'd go live on Haad Khom beach. Covid/ restrictions wouldn't bother me there and I know I'd be happy to wake up there every day- it'd never get boring for me.

Perhaps others need more than a beautiful beach to satisfy them, but I was happy there.

• Like 2