Intoxicated senior monk caught at hotel in Sattahip after reportedly fleeing from a bill of 3000 baht at restaurant

snoop1130

601942-696x522.jpg

PHOTO: Naewna

An intoxicated senior monk was caught at a hotel in Sattahip at night on Valentine’s Day (February 14th), after he reportedly skipped out on a 3,000 baht bill at a local restaurant.

The Sattahip Police was notified of the incident from a local restaurant owner in Sattahip.

Mr. Sittiphon Pattanarangka, 28, told Sattahip police, “At about 11:00 P.M. on Valentine’s Day, a customer came in alone and ordered many, many beers and food that cost in total 3,025 baht, mostly spent on alcohol. He was wearing plain clothes and I had no idea he was a monk. After finishing his meal and drinks he said he did not have enough money to pay and was very intoxicated. He told me he will go back to his hotel room to get money and claimed he was a domestic tourist. I followed him to the hotel but he locked the room door and refused to open it. So, I called the police.”

Sattahip police arrived at the room at a local hotel to find the man had changed clothes to monastic robes and passed out on the hotel bed.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/16/intoxicated-senior-monk-caught-at-hotel-in-sattahip-after-reportedly-fleeing-from-a-bill-of-3000-baht-at-restaurant/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-16

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.