How do Thai women compare with Western women as a wife?

webfact

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Good point. Every day with my Thai wife is a very good day. She is the same lovely woman from one day to the next. She has a smile on her face when she wakes up in the morning. Never experienced that in the states. Some Thais manifest that unbearable lightness of being, that is so delightful to be around. I cannot really get enough of that spirit, and feel so blessed to be around that, and to have found such a well adjusted and delightful creature. 

In the US, nearly everyone I know in the states tells me that their wives do not try as hard, once they are married. That the motivation to be all they can be just sort of disappears. I can see if for myself. They often do not seem the same as they were before. And this especially applies once the kids are born, though that might happen here, to some extent too. Fortunately, I do not know about that part of the equation.

For some reason, the cultural differences allow the women here to be a greater version of themselves. Does that make sense? I realize if you are a Western woman, it is not easy reading this stuff. And certainly this does not apply to everyone, either here or there. Some in the west are just exceptional, and capable to rising against the tide. But, it does apply to most, from my point of view.

I gave it some thoughts in the past and I think the main reason for there happiness is indeed a culture thing, we (the west, cuz of a easily debunked religion) are grown up with fear of death  while the Buddhist are more relaxed about death and the afterlife. They believe in second chances or 3,4,5, 10000 chances to do it better next time, The west is brought up with the idea of, "this is it, you only live once".

Edited by Henk Langeweg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Except for a larger percentage of western women wanting to be independent, I'd opt in for western for the following reasons:

1) Having a good passport (not depending on Thailand or my home country alone)
2) Often having a better income, being able to sustain themselves aside of a pension
3) Having more hobbies, global knowledge, intellect and intelligence in conversations / life in general
4) Better culture and religion 

Obviously one could come across a Thai matching many of above too, but in big numbers I'd say not, and the passport would still lack. If it comes to what I am more attracted to psychically; Thais / asians would win most times.

I guess a Spanish girl would be best of both worlds, they tend to be ambitious enough yet also chill in life. I would not have cared much of above if I were old and retired already or perhaps not have been thinking about those things if I married 20-30 years ago, when Thailand still was golden.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Except for a larger percentage of western women wanting to be independent, I'd opt in for western for the following reasons:

1) Having a good passport (not depending on Thailand or my home country alone)
2) Often having a better income, being able to sustain themselves aside of a pension
3) Having more hobbies, global knowledge, intellect and intelligence in conversations / life in general
4) Better culture and religion 

Obviously one could come across a Thai matching many of above too, but in big numbers I'd say not, and the passport would still lack. If it comes to what I am more attracted to psychically; Thais / asians would win most times.

I guess a Spanish girl would be best of both worlds, they tend to be ambitious enough yet also chill in life. I would not have cared much of above if I were old and retired already or perhaps not have been thinking about those things if I married 20-30 years ago, when Thailand still was golden.

All good but will they still like sex after one year? Isn't that why men get married?

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All good but will they still like sex after one year? Isn't that why men get married?

Most guys I know who marry in TH rarely have sex with their wives after 3 years marriage. So I'd say this is the same anywhere. Unless the guy is desperate and the girls here rarely refuse as long they get their allowance etc. 

Not sure where the old generation of expats here was dating with back home lol. Perhaps this is more due to the fact they were with an old woman back home and a younger one here? So age.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why not? It's only saying what some western men experience, or are you saying that western women are perfect and can't be criticized?

Nowadays you can't say anything anymore, I guess those people should retire in North Korea.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

They still like sex after 1 year, just not with the man they married!

I hear the same from many married Thai women, they say, well he is my security and I am too old to change around. It is that I wasn't interested in them but else.... Loyalty is none here.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

On average, which do you think looks better at 50? Thai or Western?

How long is a piece of string? How on earth could anyone know that?

I see plenty of extremely unattractive western women around and they ain't anywhere near 50 yet. Amazing what a lifetime of eating bad food, smoking and boozing can do to one's appearance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you claiming that most of the guys you know in Thailand tell you about their sex lives? Also it would be such a small sample of men in Thailand as to be meaningless.

I chat with other men, but we don't discuss our sex lives at all, given that is rather too personal.

Well I happen to be friends with some dozen of married men here, perhaps as I moved here at a young age and many of them did too. As well most people I meet in general, or when going out, do indeed share stuff like that. The grey gooses that don't also rarely seem to get out of the door, so I wouldn't know.

That aside, enough reporting from the wives rather than the farang guy, specially when that guy indeed talks little. Thais even openly tell you when they go to do big deliveries in the toilet.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I see plenty of extremely unattractive western women around and they ain't anywhere near 50 yet. Amazing what a lifetime of eating bad food, smoking and boozing can do to one's appearance.

Indeed, not to mention how the new generation of Thais will look like at that age, they follow the same diet and overweight issues are just as common too. Just the daily intake of ice teas hit them with 500-600 kcal.

Seems people are stuck in something that belongs to history, many of the Thai girls of today are nothing like it used to be, both in how they age as well in what they like, want and how they behave. I guess that is why the birth rates are also partly so bad and a huge amount of them is still single by age 35-40.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

On average, which do you think looks better at 50? Thai or Western?

Why would I care what a 50+ year old woman looks like.

I ain't gonna bang one.

Although Thalia doesn't look too bad at age 50, but that might just be her $50M net worth ............

thalia.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

........ or they're ashamed to admit they don't have a sex life.

Must be that, anyone who has a good sex life usually talks about it among the boys with a beer. Even that doesn't have to be in detail with how or when. After business it is usually the second subject.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

There's good & bad in all people. These beautiful Thai ladies can be quite sneaky. All women want money. If you're paying a monthly salary for a Thai wife - maybe its the wrong lady. I've had 4 long term relationships in Thailand over the past 22 years. NowI  stay alone with my poodle. I know she loves me:)

I'm tired of buying ladies houses and new cars. I only have a motorbike now and happy with that ????.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Which reminds me of .............

Why do Ozzie men come so quickly?

So they can get down the boozer to tell all their mates. 

So what went wrong with the Japanese then, they do saam saam saam (3 inch, 3 minutes, 3 thousand baht) but never talk.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I guess that is why the birth rates are also partly so bad and a huge amount of them is still single by age 35-40.

I have to disagree about low birth rates being "bad". IMO the lower the birth rate the better. Waaaaay too many people on the planet since the 1950s IMO.

Also, women are starting to realise that there is more to life than getting married and popping out kids, and respect to them for it. I expect it to increase as more realise that marriage isn't that great after all.

If I magically transformed into a 20 year old unmarried female, no way I'd ever get married or have kids. I'd have my tubes tied and enjoy getting taken out for free dinners and as much casual sex as possible.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have to disagree about low birth rates being "bad". IMO the lower the birth rate the better. Waaaaay too many people on the planet since the 1950s IMO.

Also, women are starting to realise that there is more to life than getting married and popping out kids, and respect to them for it. I expect it to increase as more realise that marriage isn't that great after all.

We have a shortage of people on earth, trying to control it is the least efficient. Specially knowing that only a small percentage of rich people is responsible for all the consuming issues we have, the poor over populated countries only have a small contribution to that, which make up the majority of earths population.

Has nothing to do with population but with how things are being run and done in rich countries, by spending power populations. That aside, in 30-40 years half the population is death already.

We can easily live with double the population of today, in a sustainable manner, if desired and done correctly. At the same time Europe and USA alone are enough to ruin the planet, if desired, too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

We have a shortage of people on earth, trying to control it is the least efficient. Specially knowing that only a small percentage of rich people is responsible for all the consuming issues we have, the poor over populated countries only have a small contribution to that, which make up the majority of earths population.

Has nothing to do with population but with how things are being run and done in rich countries, by spending power populations. That aside, in 30-40 years half the population is death already.

We can easily live with double the population of today, in a sustainable manner, if desired and done correctly. At the same time Europe and USA alone are enough to ruin the planet, if desired, too.

I fundamentally disagree with you on every level except the bit about rich people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I fundamentally disagree with you on every level except the bit about rich people.

You are allowed to disagree but this is actually proven in so many ways already. The reality is the same elite rich people do not need a large population as the goal is to let AI and robots do most of the work. They do not need as many peasants anymore hence the over population propaganda.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, notmyself said:

Problem for me is that I don't watch TV and spend much of my time following my interests which are outside of the norm. Advanced math, particle physics, cosmology, psychology, anthropology, geopolitics, to name a few.

Oh my! If I get the unkindest cut of all, will you marry me? We must be doppelgangers, because our interests coincide quite closely.

• Haha 2

Well it’s worked out well for me been together since 84 got married in 86 raised the family she’s still cute works hard is an artist in the kitchen has my back when( it )hits the fan .had plenty of American girlfriends and one American wife loved them all and no hard feelings towards my western girlfriends nor my x wife.all of that being said I prefer my lovely Thai wifey 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

a piece?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I expect it to increase as more realise that marriage isn't that great after all.

Marriage isn't all that great.

But getting your former husbands house, pension and income is a pretty good deal.

Failing that pop two kids and live off benefits for the rest of your life, free housing and money.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Marriage isn't all that great.

But getting your former husbands house, pension and income is a pretty good deal.

Failing that pop two kids and live off benefits for the rest of your life, free housing and money.

Luckily not all women are like that, and having kids isn't that great as a solo mum. Puts a crimp in the social life for a start.

When things really hit the fan in western countries due to the effects of 2 years of restrictions and making money from nothing, perhaps they'll have to revisit whether it's such a good idea to give all those benefits to teenagers that won't use contraception. Plenty of couples looking to adopt.