Cold weather forecast for most of Thailand until Tuesday

webfact

000_1SC94P.jpg

Downtown Bangkok. (Photo by Mladen ANTONOV / AFP)

As a result of the arrival of a cold front from China, temperatures in Bangkok, central and eastern provinces are forecast to fall by 3-5oC and by 5-9oC in northern and north-eastern provinces until Tuesday, according to the Meteorological Department.

Temperatures will start to drop, especially in northern and north-eastern provinces, from tomorrow and continue to fall by a further 5-9oC over the following 48 hours. The average temperatures will be 14-15oC.

In Bangkok, its surroundings and in other central and eastern provinces, the average temperatures will be 20-21oC.

There may be rain in the affected regions and this may make it feel even cooler.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/cold-weather-forecast-for-most-of-thailand-until-tuesday/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-02-21

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

How do I find out past 24 hour rainfall for any location in Thailand? I'm currently about 30 kilometers SW of Khon Kaen, near Phra Yuen and right next to a tiny town called Phra Bu. It was an incredible downpour Sunday afternoon and evening, but a google search doesn't tell me the amount. Thanks. (And it's cold here this morning, 17 or so.)

Western part of Khon Kaen.

Heavy downpour, clogged drain, flooded shack.

Totally overcast and very low day temperatures now and the forecast for max temperature is about 22 C at best. 22 C! (72 F). About the coldest day I can remember.

Low temperature was not that extreme, about 16 or so.

Thai Meteorological is a total dump.

N/A no data, 0.0, ....

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

The consistence coolness we still might expect for February, as the mean temps gradually change and rise by March.

It's this freaky and consistent rain - not just localized, but all over - that is quite unusual for this time of the year. 

The odd occurrence that nature throws us is quite stimulating.........keeps us on our toes. [able to get the tobacco in just in time!]

Wonder if this is a sign of another super hot April/May looming.