Thailand’s hospitals and ‘hospitels’ half full again as COVID-19 continues to spread

webfact

6 hours ago, tomyami said:

The severe delta variant is gone open and live like other countries, a plan to even do that will make covid disappear normality is good every day i see less and less masks i keep asking were we mad...

I guess you've missed the facts that Thailand COVID cases, COVID hospitalizations and serious cases including those requiring intubation are steadily increasing on a daily basis.

And more broadly, while COVID currently is declining in various western countries right now, it's substantially rising in a whole group of Asian countries including Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and others.

COVID IN THAILAND:

2103139034_Daily2022-02-21.jpg.c05576796888aa0fc29e7442df5099e7.jpg

1633595467_Dash2022-02-21.jpg.8b80eea3f3714744d223a0ce98887ea0.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/?dashboard=main

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

How well has Thailand been doing? Well in 2020 very well. 2021 to now, not so much. Because of the pathetic testing rate in Thailand, you cannot rely on the Thai Covid figures. But excess death rate doesn't lie. 

In 2020, Thailand's excess death rate was mainly slightly negative, with just a few months when it was up to 9% Compared to the UK, the excess rate was usually a lot lower. But 2021..... Although the UK started off badly, from the beginning of March 2021 until the end of January 2022, Thailand's excess death rate was higher than the UK except for 6 weeks in October and November. Thailand only reports monthly figures - excess death rate was -

-   11% in March

-   -3% in April

-    7% in May

-   12% in June

-   19% in July

-   36% in August

-   19% in September

-     6% in October

-   18% in November

-   21% in December

-     6% in January

That is an average of about 14% excess mortality over a 11 month period. Not 'insignificant'. Over a 22 month period of the epidemic, Thailand reported 22,000 Covid deaths, but excess deaths were 2.5 times higher at  over 57,000. That is not a bad performance, but not brilliant either.

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Most tests are RAT which cannot identify omicron. There are very few of those too. So you claim now 50% of new cases are omicron from your unknown source. Perhaps more, so 9000/day.....long way to go yet, ten more years. 

You claimed omicron was never identified in Thailand. That is simply untrue. 50% percent of new cases were omicron early January. This is over a month ago. It is very likely this percentage is close to 100 now seeing how fast it spread in other countries. I haven't been following publications these past few weeks because of other things and because I'm slowly just getting really tired and bored about this whole pandemic. Therefor I can't give any realtime numbers but it's safe to say omicron has now penetrated all corners of the world. Then again who knows what other variant has already begun to take over. This beast mutates too fast to keep up.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thaiophil said:

even if people take them and declare the result, are not reliable

Why are they not reliable? The notion that PCR testing does not detect Sars Cov-2 has been throughly debunked. Testing done now is QPCR which is real time testing. 

Are people not tested with PCR when getting a positive ATK test, then reporting this to the authorities, or going to hospital? 

Edited by PremiumLane

On 2/21/2022 at 12:34 PM, jacko45k said:

Most tests are RAT which cannot identify omicron. There are very few of those too. So you claim now 50% of new cases are omicron from your unknown source. Perhaps more, so 9000/day.....long way to go yet, ten more years. 

Bloke, you are such a worry wart. Relax and go out for a good chicken and rice or a bowl of noodles.

Plenty of good street vendors.

2 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Bloke, you are such a worry wart. Relax and go out for a good chicken and rice or a bowl of noodles.

Plenty of good street vendors.

I do not eat at street vendors. 

Last meal out I had a few days ago was lamb.... 

On 2/22/2022 at 12:19 PM, PremiumLane said:

Are people not tested with PCR when getting a positive ATK test, then reporting this to the authorities, or going to hospital? 

Edited yesterday at 12:19 PM by Premium

No.  Most ATK tests are done privately and positive results not reported to avoid compulsory quarantine

ATK tests only detect Omicron in a short window of time. In the period when I had Omi confirmed by PCR, I had 3 ATK tests all negative

15 minutes ago, Thaiophil said:

No.  Most ATK tests are done privately and positive results not reported to avoid compulsory quarantine

ATK tests only detect Omicron in a short window of time. In the period when I had Omi confirmed by PCR, I had 3 ATK tests all negative

We are not talking about ATK tests and you didn't answer the questions