30-year-old motorbike rider dies after crashing into a trailer truck in Pattaya during morning rush hour

webfact

509886-696x522.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya/Banglamung-A 30-year old motorbike rider has been pronounced dead at the scene of the accident after he crashed his motorbike into a trailer truck in the Pattaya area.

The Banglamung Police were notified of the accident at 9:40 A.M. yesterday, February 23rd, 2022, on Sukhumvit Road in Naklua.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the body of Mr. Teerapat Toamudbamroong, 30. He had sustained severe head injuries and was lying on the roadway bleeding heavily. He had not been wearing a protective motorbike helmet.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/24/30-year-old-motorbike-rider-dies-after-crashing-into-a-trailer-truck-in-pattaya-during-morning-rush-hour/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-24

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

20 hours ago, 2long said:

Was he wearing a Covid mask?

My apologies, as this is no time to joke.

Sadly, he is one of many who will die on the roads today.

Well its hardly news and its not a surprise either.  Maybe not a joke time  (yet) , but certainly nothing to comment about. Bit like saying that the sky is blue today. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Well its hardly news and its not a surprise either.  Maybe not a joke time  (yet) , but certainly nothing to comment about. Bit like saying that the sky is blue today. 

That's what I thought too....this is news? 

As soon as I saw all the claret on the road I knew he didn't bother to wear a crash hat. I wonder if they will ever learn. As posted above , they ride around wearing a mask yet no hat , maybe there is little grey matter to protect. A mask when riding a bike does nothing but keep bugs from going up the nose .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

As soon as I saw all the claret on the road I knew he didn't bother to wear a crash hat. I wonder if they will ever learn. As posted above , they ride around wearing a mask yet no hat , maybe there is little grey matter to protect. A mask when riding a bike does nothing but keep bugs from going up the nose .

Is that a helmet on the road ???

Did he have a helmet with him but simply not wear it? 

It astonishes me that people still don’t want to wear helmets. 

There are even folk on this forum who believe their rights are infringed upon when forced by law to wear helmets… 

Then there are those who suggest not wearing a helmet is victimless..  hmmm, tell that to the family, the ppl cleaning up the brain matter & mess of the tarmac…. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are even folk on this forum who believe their rights are infringed upon when forced by law to wear helmets… 

I wear a helmet even if I jump on the scooter to the 7/11.

42 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Then there are those who suggest not wearing a helmet is victimless..  hmmm, tell that to the family, the ppl cleaning up the brain matter & mess of the tarmac…. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

As soon as I saw all the claret on the road I knew he didn't bother to wear a crash hat. I wonder if they will ever learn.

Unfortunately it's not just the Thais who are guilty of not wearing a crash helmet, because where I am located there are just as many farangs who don't wear a crash helmet, and who drive around shirtless and sometimes shoeless on their big motorbikes.......so a lack of grey matter is, unfortunately, not just a Thai thing. 

Sad to read this. Drivining a motorbike without protection is dangerous. I have a Triumph Tiger and in summertimes this protection is a real pain, specail if you see the others driving with shorts and T-Shirt, you ask yourself, why I drive with protection .... You probably get a bit wiser and more careful with age.

• Like 1