Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

15 minutes ago, Virt said:

I'm proud of the danish freedom fighters in WW2.

Not so proud of the danish politicians that just gave up a few hours after Germany attacked Denmark the morning in April 9 1940.

That lead to 5 years German occupation and that's not something i want for Ukraine.

I was not born at these time, but the stories the elders told were enough for me to never want to be living in an occupied country.

They lived through a somewhat "soft" occupation, but living In a country where danish traitors worked together with the German invaders, lead to living in a country where you never knew how to trust, if you were trying to sabotage the German invaders.

We had a lot of resistance groups that lived a dangerous life and it was not easier living with traitors amongst your own kind.

We have a saying.

Aldrig mere en 9 april.

Never again an april 9.

I can understand why Ukraine are fighting for their freedom ...

You say it in a way it is easy to understand, that occupation or annexation of another country, will never be successful!

Same in Norway, however most women and kids was saved from the worst bombing and war scenes.

There is no good answers when it comes to war! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

The Russian propaganda machine is on overdrive.  And many are buying it.  In the US, it seems the right wingers--the same morons who believed in the Big Lie--are eating it up.  There is no shortage of stupid people in the world. 

[Rep. Madison Cawthorn, R-N.C., called Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky a "thug" at a campaign event over the weekend.

"Remember that Zelensky is a thug," Cawthorn said in a video obtained by WRAL. "Remember that the Ukrainian government is incredibly corrupt and is incredibly evil and has been pushing woke ideologies."]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-rep-cawthorn-calls-zelensky-a-thug-says-ukraine-pushing-woke-ideologies-185128786.html

Talk about propaganda! Every group has its wild outliers. From The Daily Mail: Cawthorn's comments not only fly in the face of those made by global leaders but also the majority of his fellow elected Republicans in Congress. 

I don't see many that are buying it, especially off a phone video. But you go ahead and seize your moment. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10599763/GOP-Rep-Madison-Cawthorn-calls-Zelensky-THUG-says-Ukrainian-government-incredibly-evil.html

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Talk about propaganda! Every group has its wild outliers. From The Daily Mail: Cawthorn's comments not only fly in the face of those made by global leaders but also the majority of his fellow elected Republicans in Congress. 

I don't see many that are buying it, especially off a phone video. But you go ahead and seize your moment. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10599763/GOP-Rep-Madison-Cawthorn-calls-Zelensky-THUG-says-Ukrainian-government-incredibly-evil.html

Nobody on his side is condemning his comments either. It's crickets.

Edited by ozimoron

U.S. President Joe Biden on Friday will call for an end of normal trade relations with Russia and clear the way for increased tariffs on Russian imports as punishment for its invasion of Ukraine.

The move would be coordinated with G7 countries and require an act of Congress

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/us-steps-up-pressure-russia-over-ukraine-invasion-2022-03-11/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I think this rather sad actually. I believe it's also a pretext by Facebook to allow other forms of hate speech as well. FB are notorious for permitting misinformation and conspiracy theories.

Simply a profit-motive-driven move.  Controversy results in more profits for Facebook.  That's the only reason they're doing it.  Shame on them.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, friendofthai said:

Its so unusual that we are allowed here to even discuss such things. As far as I remember It was impossible to write a word bioweapons somewhere in the so called "free" Western world.
Looks like the Big Brother watched the news and drink too much after that.

Huh??

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

This is not bad communication, we hear you loud and clear. You actually question who is to blame for this invasion and most of us find that mind boggling (and not in a good way).

I can accept that it can be mind boggling, it doesnt make the question less valid, and shouldnt be asked. 

As I said, it was discussed in the two podcasts I posted yesterday where one with George Friedman

podcast

https://www.spreaker.com/user/gallupstrengthscenter/george-friedman-on-ukraine-russia-wanted

George Friedman (Hungarian: Friedman György, born February 1, 1949) is a Hungarian-born U.S. geopolitical forecaster, and strategist on international affairs. He is the founder and chairman of Geopolitical Futures, an online publication that analyzes and forecasts the course of global events.[1] Prior to founding Geopolitical Futures, he was chairman of its predecessor Stratfor, the private intelligence publishing and consulting firm he founded in 1996.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Friedman

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Stalinisation of Russia

As it sinks in that he cannot win in Ukraine, Vladimir Putin is resorting to repression at home

When Vladimir Putin ordered the invasion of Ukraine, he dreamed of restoring the glory of the Russian empire. He has ended up restoring the terror of Josef Stalin.

To understand the scale of Mr Putin’s lies, consider how the war was planned. 

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2022/03/12/the-stalinisation-of-russia?

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Things in Russia have changed so much since that time.

I was thinking MacDonalds has pulled out so the Russian manager can just carry on and maybe keep the shop for the staff and himself, thanks.

They will in the revamped MacVlads ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Nobody on his side is condemning his comments either. It's crickets.

Well like a lot of people, I hadn't even seen it before. So if that is propaganda, it is not very powerful! This kindergarten congressman seems to be a bit of a loon. But while I'm here I will condemn it. Now everyone has the chance to know how I feel, at least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Just as I was about to respond with the thought that as off the wall bat-poo crazy as that nonsense is, somebody will believe.

But then this popped up:

Their domestic target audience must be 2-5 year old surely  but spare a thought for the red square pidgeon.

Some further explanation could involve how does a bird survive the bio weapon and how dose it know where to go unless its a homing bird of course which could prove another problem to explain right now ????

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Their domestic target audience must be 2-5 year old surely  but spare a thought for the red square pidgeon.

Some further explanation could involve how does a bird survive the bio weapon and how dose it know where to go unless its a homing bird of course which could prove another problem to explain right now ????

The salient point is Putin’s supporters in this thread will latch onto any imagined nonsense but avoid discussing Russian war crimes and atrocities for which there is ample credible evidence.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

Sure. Russia and China want answers from the US. 

... well, here is an answer, not from the US exactly but still with a certain gravity:

Said birds in the hand would be better than a whole row of bushes ...

Think about it!

• Confused 2

29 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Russia is apparently recruiting thousands of Syrian fighters skilled in urban combat to fight for them in Ukraine. Earlier Putin claimed it was reprehensible and immoral for foreign fighters to come to Ukraine to fight against the Russians. The man gives hypocrisy a whole new meaning. 

Further signs of desperation. :cheesy:

I have no doubt at all the Ukrainians with see off the Syrians just as they saw off the Chechens.

• Like 1