Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I've already responded to this what point are you trying to make? "Time Magazine" confirmed he was working for them covering the refugee crisis, finished. The award winning film maker is dead. Another journalist murdered thanks to the Russian attack

Do you have a link to a "Time Magazine"?  Your link was to CNN...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, tgw said:

Max Seddon is the Financial Times bureau chief in Moscow

This is from his Twitter:

Moscow’s Luzhniki stadium, which hosted the World Cup final in 2018, is packed out for a pro-war rally on the anniversary of Russia’s Crimea annexation. Lots of reports of state employees being bussed in. They’re watching a video with Ukrainian flags being thrown to the ground

Putin was quoting passages from the bible before being cut off bizarrely mid rant looks like he goes to church on Sunday genocide on Monday a  real deranged nutcase ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Do you have a link to a "Time Magazine"?  Your link was to CNN...

CNN not credible enough for you ???? sorry but I cannot find anything on R.T.

Link to Time statement but you need to pay....lol https://time.com/6157144/brent-renaud/

Link to W.P.

Edward Felsenthal, Time magazine’s editor in chief and CEO, said Sunday that Renaud was working on a Time Studios project focused on the global refugee crisis.

“Our hearts are with all of Brent’s loved ones. It is essential that journalists are able to safely cover this ongoing invasion and humanitarian crisis in Ukraine,” Felsenthal said in a statement Sunday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/03/13/brent-renaud-killed-ukraine/

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

Hitler had been elected too.

Russians need to remove Putin from power and put in a sanatorium... in Crimea... in Ukraine.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

Yes, Russia was in the big economic crisis during the 90-s. And then there happened a steady recovery in the beginning of 2000s. The answer about why this occurred is quite simple: just look at the prices of the main Russia’s exports. While in 90s it was close 10$ per barrel, in the time of Putin’s rule it increased tenfold on average. Russian propaganda still attributes this economic shift to the Putin‘s patriotic stance and other kind of similar BS when, in fact, it was just a pure macroeconomic luck. Still, even with the sky rocket gas and oil price - Russian economy is weak and highly corrupted. Not many real new industries were created during the last 20 years, but instead, trillions of dollars were stolen from the Russian people and transferred to the western bank accounts. The most recent actions of the Kremlin, testify, more than anything else, about the inevitable bankruptcy of the so called putinomics.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

You do love your conspiracy theory rubbish.

Mariupol is not under Russian Control. its still in the hands of Ukraine although as we know they are bombing it indiscriminately killing civilians.

Correct, Mariupol is not under Russian Control, so how could they "have hostages in basement of theater"?

And the Mariupol has majority of Russian speaking residents, so the Russians hate them? therefore killed them?

Edited by onthedarkside
unsourced comments removed
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The reason so many generals are dying is because the Russian troops at the front are depleted, cold, hungry, suffering low morale and are disillusioned. The generals are having to go up to the front lines to lead their men into battle, so to speak. Then the Ukrainians shoot them dead. ????

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tgw said:

Hitler had been elected too.

Russians need to remove Putin from power and put in a sanatorium... in Crimea... in Ukraine.

I quote myself ...

by now, anyone who knows a little about European history should start to see the similarities:

elected leader becomes dictator - same

media censorship - same

false flag in Sudeten-Areas - false flag in Lugansk / Donetsk

Anschluss - Crimea

Nürnberg - Putin's rally of today

Jews - Putin wants to "cleanse" Russia of traitors

false peace negociations while preparing invasion - same

"Lebensraum" - our motherland

"taking back what's ours" - same

Poland - Ukraine

and there are more parallels I am too tired to list now ...

Europe's caught a nasty bug and needs antibiotics.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, tgw said:

I quote myself ...

by now, anyone who knows a little about European history should start to see the similarities:

media censorship - same

Anschluss - Crimea

Poland - Ukraine

Putin's Jews are LGBT.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tgw said:

now this is serious trolling on the next level by Russia's "pops"

they blame the invasion on LGBT prides in Ukraine ... seriously ?? lol

They do if they're friends/flunkies of Putin.... flailing in the dark for miserable excuses.

"[the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch] Kirill, who is close to Russian President Vladimir Putin, has seemingly justified the invasion by describing it as part of a struggle against sin and pressure from liberal foreigners to hold “gay parades.” He has blamed the West and a fellow Orthodox patriarch for fomenting enmity between Ukraine and Russia and echoed Putin in insisting they are “one people.”

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/pope-asserts-ukraine-defense-blasting-russia-war-83527041

14 hours ago, Saanim said:

It couldn't be made more clear, could it?

I cannot get how the Russian generals wage the war: (that's why so many generals be killed)

they have hostages in basement of theater?  does it mean they bring thousands of the hostages into basement? - where from? 

Then, they (the Russians) leave and call an airplane to bomb the roof where is the word children written in white? Instead of killing them by an explosion inside... 

Unfortunately, no record of a plane around in that time... (but perhaps out of order...)  

But why they do not kill the 3+ millions along the humanitarian corridors? Seems that the generals are not so clever...  

Hospitals: Hostages in basements

People sheltering in theatre: Bombed

Theatre with with Children written in white Bombed

Convoys civilians Bombed

"In good faith" .no way , disgusting war crimes, 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, tgw said:

I quote myself ...

media censorship - same

Anschluss - Crimea

Poland - Ukraine

74D7E01A-6FD5-486E-A99F-F524A37D86D2.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

74D7E01A-6FD5-486E-A99F-F524A37D86D2.jpeg

My only question here is how the Western leaders could not see this coming. It was so obvious what the true face of Putin's regime was back in 2014, the latest. Can you imagine that just 4 weeks ago the Germans seriously planned to open Nord Stream 2 pipeline to make their dependency on the Russian resources even bigger? How could people in power be so shortsighted? Should not Angela Merkel be made responsible for sponsoring fascist regime in Russia with the German taxpayer’s money? The money which is now used to shell and destroy Ukrainian cities and its citizens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

I note above somebody who finds my post amusing……….enlighten me why?

Just some advice...when dealing with anonymous emoticon responses to your online posts....develop a thick skin...not worth the time of day to pursue reasoning behind them. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Saanim said:

Suddenly, only the Ukrainians are loved by the world (OK, by some), no matter that papa Brezhnev was also an Ukrainian, (Krushchev nearly as well), Stalin Georgian, similarly as other big Soviet guys.

Oh, so that makes Russia’s illegal invasion, and the Russian military war crimes and atrocities alright then.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2