Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

Quick update on state of play with peace talks conditions:

Ukraine war: Russia must withdraw to pre-invasion position for a deal - Zelensky

The Vice-Speaker of the Russian State Duma called Russian troops on the border with Poland a condition for completing the "operation" in Ukraine

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russia-wont-stop-until-it-reaches-poland-says-tolstoys-great-great-grandson-q58tqf5rr

So about a million light years away from each other

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

WHO Gathers Evidence for Possible War Crimes Investigation Against Russia

The World Health Organization (WHO) is gathering evidence for a possible war crimes investigation into attacks it says it has documented by Russia on healthcare facilities in Ukraine, it said in Kyiv on Saturday.

"Intentional attacks on healthcare facilities are a breach of international humanitarian law and as such - based on investigation and attribution of the attack - represent war crimes in any situation," Ryan said.

"We continue to document and bear witness to these attacks ... and we trust that the U.N. system and the International Criminal Court and others will take the necessary investigations in order to assess the criminal intent behind these attacks."

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2022-05-07/who-says-it-stands-with-ukraine-has-documented-200-attacks-on-health-facilities

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Quick update on state of play with peace talks conditions:

Ukraine war: Russia must withdraw to pre-invasion position for a deal - Zelensky

The Vice-Speaker of the Russian State Duma called Russian troops on the border with Poland a condition for completing the "operation" in Ukraine

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russia-wont-stop-until-it-reaches-poland-says-tolstoys-great-great-grandson-q58tqf5rr

So about a million light years away from each other

But, what would the guy in the third link know about war and peace?

• Like 2

The Russian army bombed a school where 90 people were hiding. No doubt the Russians will claim it was a ‘military target’. Just one in an ever growing list of Russian war crimes. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

19 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

The Russian army bombed a school where 90 people were hiding. No doubt the Russians will claim it was a ‘military target’. Just one in an ever growing list of Russian war crimes. 

image.jpeg

Atrocious..............now in the Guardian Live updates

Dozens feared dead after Ukrainian school is bombed

At least two people have been killed and 60 more are feared dead after Russian bombs hit a school in the Ukrainian village of Bilohorivka, Serhiy Gaidai, governor of the Luhansk region, said on Sunday.

Separately, Gaidai said that according to preliminary information, shelling in the village of Shypilovo destroyed a house and 11 people remained under the building’s debris.

• Sad 3

54 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

image.jpeg

Unspeakable actions, there can be no reasons for this happening.

19 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Quite right. The Russians have shown in Syria that they are completely ruthless and 100% amoral in reaching their objectives. I’m sure their attitude hasn’t changed one bit, and one of their goals is to cause as much devastation, suffering and death as possible. Maybe it’s time Ukraine took the fight to Russian territory and pay them back in kind. Or maybe they are waiting for May 9 to send Russia and Putin a clear message that Ukraine is far from beaten.

Heard reports today that on 9th May that Putin may declare war on Ukraine.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Admitting his "special operation" is an abysmal failure, political and humanitarian lie, and completely amoral under any measure?

Will he also admit that he has broken many rules of war by bombing maternity hospitals, kindergartens,  torturing civilians, rape and murder?

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

So he can sacrifice the lives of even more poorly trained and poorly equipped Russians conscripts?

Edited by rudi49jr

3 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

image.jpeg

at the beginning of their non sense/unjustified war they use to call their bombs that felt in schools and/or residential buildings/areas as computer mistakes

Edited by Mavideol

I think we might underestimate the support Putin still has in Russia

Just saw a guy driving around Jomtien with a big Russian president flag hanging off the back, I did take a picture but not sure if I can post or not

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Just saw a guy driving around Jomtien with a big Russian president flag hanging off the back, I did take a picture but not sure if I can post or not

Yes, post it, why not?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Does that mean he'll release the Russians he imprisoned for "prematurely" calling it a war?

I don't know that why would I, methinks if he does declare war it may make things worse like high level mass bombing.

11 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Was it Isuzu Z model.