Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

Russia readies SIXTY-YEAR-OLD tanks

Russia's armed forces have begun deploying sixty-year-old tanks to the southeastern regions of Ukraine, raising questions over the extent of Putin's losses after three months of bitter fighting and countless strategic blunders.

A long line of T-62 tanks, which began production as early as 1961, was photographed at a train station in Ukraine's southeastern city of Melitopol on Wednesday, just days after footage emerged of the aged armour being pulled out of storage across the border.

Russia has around 2,900 of its more modern T-90, T-80 and T-72 tanks currently in service, according to the International Institute for Security Studies, with up to 10,000 more tanks from different generations in storage.   :cheesy::cheesy:

VIDEO:

How many times has Russia threatened  that the West's actions against their "special operation" in Ukraine would provoke a harsh response from Russia! Talk about "boy who cried wolf"!

Edited by LosLobo

3 hours ago, Chris.B said:

So you don't know army field tactics, you were just guessing?

You also said they were trained soldiers, I would have thought trained soldiers wouldn't have needed to be told to "get to cover" in the situation they were.

You can work that one out yourself without my help or just refer back to my previous post

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Russia readies SIXTY-YEAR-OLD tanks

Russia's armed forces have begun deploying sixty-year-old tanks to the southeastern regions of Ukraine, raising questions over the extent of Putin's losses after three months of bitter fighting and countless strategic blunders.

A long line of T-62 tanks, which began production as early as 1961, was photographed at a train station in Ukraine's southeastern city of Melitopol on Wednesday, just days after footage emerged of the aged armour being pulled out of storage across the border.

Russia has around 2,900 of its more modern T-90, T-80 and T-72 tanks currently in service, according to the International Institute for Security Studies, with up to 10,000 more tanks from different generations in storage.   :cheesy::cheesy:

VIDEO:

What a pity that one well aimed missile had not hit just the front wagon of that train.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Virt said:

Ukraine shouldn't give in and keep on the fighting with the help of the west until russia crawls back behind their own borders.

The danger is that the war is going on for the 3rd month now and it's back to daily life for most outside Ukraine, so if the west stop supplying Ukraine with hardware, they are in a lot of trouble.

Personally i think the west should just step up and deliver what ever Ukraine needs.

No matter the cost.

Russia can't be allowed to win this one.

Quite right, finally now the US is reported to be sending long range missiles. Hopefully this will now pave the way for other countries to do the same and get the much needed weaponry to Ukraine. There are no excuses not too! Getting Ukraine what it needs is the only way to defeat the genocidal scorched earth barbarity that Russia is inflicting.

"WASHINGTON — The Biden administration has approved sending long-range multiple launch rocket systems to Ukraine, a significant transfer that could hugely aid Ukraine’s defense of its territory in the Donbas region, U.S. officials said on Friday."

wayback machine no paywall link

nytimes paywall link

As Liz Truss said

UK's Truss: Completely legitimate to support Ukraine with tanks and planes

• Like 1

Ukraine may be forced to retreat from Donbas as Putin gains ground in east

UKRAINE may be forced to retreat from the eastern Donbas region to avoid being captured, Kyiv said on Friday.

It comes as Russian forces are rapidly gaining ground and Ukrainian troops are now limited to pockets of resistance in the Luhansk region. A full Ukrainian withdrawal would bring Russian President Vladimir Putin closer to his goal of capturing the Luhansk and Donetsk regions.

Express

• Sad 3

Ukraine: Troops told to flee for their lives from major city as Putin's army advances

UKRAINIAN troops are being told to prepare to fully retreat from Severodonetsk in order to evade being captured, the governor of Luhansk has said as Putin's army advances further into the Donbas.

In a post on the Telegram messaging service, Serhiy Gaidai said: "We have enough strength and resources to defend ourselves. However, it is possible that in order not to be surrounded we will have to retreat.

Express

23 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

On the upside the successful “shoot and scoot” military strategies work equally aswell in the air as on ambushes on the battlefield.

Dogfight won by Ukraine.

Russian Fighter Jet Shot Down by Ukraine Air Force in Dogfight

"Today, May 27, at about 2 pm, a MiG-29 fighter of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine shot down a Russian Su-35 fighter in the sky of Kherson region," the air force said in a statement. The Su-35, it added, was "hunting for Ukrainian assault aircraft."

https://www.newsweek.com/russian-fighter-jet-shot-down-ukraine-air-force-dogfight-1711028

maybe it was another Ruzzian grandfather flying for Wagner ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CLOWNS :

Russian ex-president calls for stepping up repression against so-called ‘foreign agents’.

Dmitry Medvedev, an ex-president of Russia and a deputy chairman of the Security Council, said the authorities need to strengthen control over people and organizations labeled as “foreign agents” by the government.

Putin claims Russia ready to renew peace talks, repeats demand for sanctions relief.

Putin claimed that “the Russian side is open to renewing dialogue with Kyiv” and repeated his demand that the West should lift sanctions to “increase food and fertilized exports.”

(both headlines from Kievindependent.com )

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Latest update from BBC including an interview with the Russian Ambassador in London who surprise surprise still maintains the war crimes in Bucha were all fabrication and why Russia will not be using tactical nuclear weapons in Ukraine

Zlenensky on the current situation including the peace talks which Putin claims to want after speaking with France and Germany and the latest on the fight in Severodonetsk region.

More of the interview from above with the Russian Ambassador on the website. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61618902

Latest from Sievierodonetsk

Luhansk Oblast: Sievierodonetsk under Ukrainian flag – Oblast Military Administration

SATURDAY, 28 MAY 2022, 22:18

Source: head of the Luhansk Oblast Military Administration Serhiy Haidai on Telegram

Quote: "The shelling is relentless, it’s hottest in Sievierodonetsk. The city under the Ukrainian flag.

Orcs still control the territory of the Myr hotel, [they] have not advanced further and have [sustained] significant losses".

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/05/28/7349175/

From CNN live updates

Fedir Venislavskyi, a member of the Ukrainian parliament's Committee for National Security, Defense and Intelligence, said the next few days "will be decisive" in the battle for Severodonetsk. 

"Our forces pushed the enemy back to the positions he had previously held," he said. "But we must understand that Russian troops are practically on the outskirts of Severodonetsk."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tgw said:

regarding the stolen grain, I don't understand why the Ruzzian ships are let through the Bosphorus without the stolen goods getting seized ?

his ""friend and fake Nato ally"" Erdogan didn't block it

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is the most heroic action footage I've seen so far from the Ukraine front lines (although I'm sure there are also many others not captured on footage), an updated video just uploaded to youtube on the clash at Kharkiv woods with ex Royal Marine commandos and other members of the Ukrainian International Legion.

This shows the lead up where they are under heavy fire and taking serious casualties, despite this they carry on to ambush and destroy the Russian tank.

Ben Grant: "I was terrified but driven to complete my most important goal, which at the time was getting him and my team members out of the danger"

Very brave men. It’s completely surreal to watch footage like this while eating my breakfast in a peaceful country less than 2,000 kilometers away from where they are fighting. 
Hope the Ukrainian army get better and more advanced weapons, and a lot of it, as soon as possible, so they can kick those Russkies back across the border, where they belong. 

• Like 2

Putin sick with cancer, has three years to live, says Russian spy

Vladimir Putin has been given two to three years to live by doctors as he battles cancer, according to a Russian intelligence officer.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/putin-sick-with-cancer-has-three-years-to-live-says-russian-spy/news-story/9efddce88fb9d8c89f211169fbb903e5

this is the only person I wish a quicker demise for, 3 years wayyyyyy tooooo loooong

23 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

this is the only person I wish a quicker demise for,

Russian foreign secretary Lavrov comes to mind. I’m sure I can think of a few more. Not necessarily all Russian, by the way.

Powerful video of an interview with a Canadian volunteer fighter, he booked a flight the same day that Zelensky asked for foreign volunteers. Turned up in Ukraine and met up with the infamous Wali the Canadian sniper becoming his assistant. Then goes onto to describe some of the horrendous situations they found themselves in including losing some of his friends next to him through shelling. Its from early May so the situation must be even worse now for these heroic fighters. He also praises the efforts of the Ukraine fighters, each and everyone fighting for their homeland.

Canadian fighting in Ukraine describes the 'hell' he witnessed

21 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Probably a guy who sat on the fence, maybe first secretly cooperating with the Ruzzians and then not knowing what to do.

People like him did commit treason for example in Kherson by handing all bridges to the Ruzzians.

Ruzzia has a lot of agents up to the highest levels in Ukraine's state apparatus.

• Like 1