Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

33 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and you think Ukraine would agree with that, I very much  doubt, fighting as they have been fighting they have said in many occasions that no territory would be given

They have no choice IMHO but will still have to to see what future holds. 

1 hour ago, Mr Derek said:

What are they going to do to get Donbas back? Serious question. Are you advocating a never-ending conflict?

Regarding Severodonetsk, that is yesterday's news and evidently false - just propaganda to try and boost morale by a Ukrainian source - I would have thought most people, by this stage, are to see through that kind of thing.

what's more, Putin's and Ruzzia's situation seems to be so bad that Macron is asking everyone to not be too hard on the Ruzzians:

Russia must not be humiliated despite Putin's 'historic' mistake, Macron says

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-must-not-be-humiliated-despite-putins-historic-mistake-macron-2022-06-04/

1 hour ago, Mr Derek said:

What are they going to do to get Donbas back? Serious question. Are you advocating a never-ending conflict?

Regarding Severodonetsk, that is yesterday's news and evidently false - just propaganda to try and boost morale by a Ukrainian source - I would have thought most people, by this stage, are to see through that kind of thing.

news from 5 hours ago:

Ukraine now controls half of Severodonetsk after reclaiming ground, Ukrainian official says

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-06-04-22/index.html

• Thanks 1

On 100th day of war, Russia says "work" in Ukraine will continue until all goals are reached

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov assessed the results of the first 100 days of the war in Ukraine on Friday, saying "certain results" have been achieved and work will continue until all goals are met.

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-06-03-22/index.html

let's be patient.

some more months and after several rounds of adjustments to objectives, the goal of "successfully retreating from Ukraine" will eventually be met by Ruzzian forces.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

Please. The western media is only just regurgitating the propaganda put out by Ukraine yesterday. The half of Severodonetsk they are talking about probably includes the whole administrative district including forests. The ground they reclaimed probably was a single street, temporarily.

Check the map, https://geoworld.space/ukraine/ .Then judge for yourself.

From all the reports included in the link below, it looks like the Russians still occupy 50-70% of Severodonetsk. Maybe the Orcs lost concentration while they were blowing up wooden monasteries, with women and children inside?

In the key city of Severodonetsk, Ukraine says it has recaptured part of the territory that was lost to Russian forces. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-61656289

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Mr. Kuleba is 100% right. Russia is the aggressor here, they have already committed countless war crimes and will no doubt commit many more. They deserve everything that they will (hopefully) get, and Russia needs to be put in its place. They can not be allowed to gain anything from this war. 

Ok, but some communication channels must maintained.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tgw said:

news from 5 hours ago:

Ukraine now controls half of Severodonetsk after reclaiming ground, Ukrainian official says

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-06-04-22/index.html

Getting some very positive vibes coming through from reports and unconfirmed social media that Ukraine now in control of at least 75% of Severodonetsk. The objective being to keep pushing the orcs as much as possible until the big guns arrive from the US when they can then mount a much more offensive role from the high ground located near the city to push the Russian back even further.

Ukrainian governor Serhiy Haidai of Severodonetsk "As soon as we have enough Western long-range weapons, we will push their artillery away from our positions. And then, believe me, the Russian infantry, they will just run," he said.

4th June Study of War update: Luhansk Oblast Administration Head Serhiy Haidai disagreed with the UK Defense Ministry forecast on June 3 that Russian forces will seize the remaining 10% of the oblast in the next two weeks, claiming that Ukrainian forces have enough reinforcements and equipment to conduct further counterattacks and defend their positions.

Fingers crossed for confirmed good news to come

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Keep dreaming.

With the twaddle you read and watch going by what you post on here I would say the only one dreaming is you and Putin's dream to have his "Special Operation" done and dusted within a few days.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
23 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Keep dreaming.

With the twaddle you read and watch going by what you post on here I would say the only one dreaming is you and Putin's dream to have his "Special Operation" done and dusted within a few days.

I'm so looking forward to coming back in a few weeks...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bannork said:

With Russia following its usual military strategy of obliterating every building in its path, killing countless citizens in the process, I'm wondering how that's going to win the hearts and minds of the Russian speakers in eastern  Ukraine.

'You said you came to liberate me but you've killed my family, blown up my house and destroyed my town. <deleted>!'

As suggested here -

Enemy tongue: eastern Ukrainians reject their Russian birth language

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/04/enemy-tongue-eastern-ukrainians-reject-their-russian-birth-language

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, bannork said:

With Russia following its usual military strategy of obliterating every building in its path, killing countless citizens in the process, I'm wondering how that's going to win the hearts and minds of the Russian speakers in eastern  Ukraine.

'You said you came to liberate me but you've killed my family, blown up my house and destroyed my town. <deleted>!'

After 8 years they are probably use to it. 

48 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

After 8 years they are probably use to it. 

Are you being serious? How can anyone get used to Mariupol and what’s happened there. Did you forget it’s part of the de facto so called Donetsk region and has been completely destroyed with one of the largest war crime scenes in the whole of Ukraine.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

You said the people were used to it, ie in reply to this post below

Again how can they get used to this level of mass destruction in Mariupol or any other area of Ukraine including the the East?

As for Mariupol being the target because of Azov taking it over in 2014, do you have a link for that and how can Azov or any other Ukraine battalion take over something which is already theirs?

Facts state the reason Russia went for Mariupol is because of its desire to secure a land bridge between Crimea and Donbas.

Mariupol: Why Mariupol is so important to Russia's plan https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60825226

So waiting again, how can they get used to this level of destruction after 8 years as you claim?

Well my opinion is the trouble has been going on for a long time in Ukraine and now it's just built up to the war it is now. 

Mariupol will remain part of Russia the same as the Crimea is. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Forget who did what you forget Mariupol was taken back from Russian separatists by Azov battalion in 2014 which is basically and widely the excuse for Russia's attack on Ukraine.

Russian-backed separatists briefly held the center of Mariupol for one week in May 2014.  The Azov battalion took part but did not lead the offensive.

"During the rising unrest in Ukraine in the aftermath of the 2014 Ukrainian revolution, the city of Mariupol, in Donetsk Oblast, saw skirmishes break out between Ukrainian government forces, local police, and separatist militants affiliated with the Donetsk People's Republic. Government forces withdrew from Mariupol on 9 May 2014 after heavy fighting left the city's police headquarters gutted by fire. These forces maintained checkpoints outside the city. Intervention by Metinvest steelworkers on 15 May 2014 led to the removal of barricades from the city centre, and the resumption of patrols by local police. "  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mariupol_(2014)

• Like 2