My main gripe with Thailand. Why I am so <deleted> at the Thais and why I ultimately left.

NanaSomchai

2 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Not sure what you mean. I believe in plain speaking. Please elaborate.

I mean that if you write in a way that might indicate that you lean on the side of people with flawed genetics, that it might create an impression on readers

You can eat dog in Thailand.  Red flag, one.   Seeing 50 stray soi dogs a day.  Red flag number 2.  Dead animals on the road.  Three.    This story is sad, not surprising.    Maybe people are so poor they have neither the time nor money.  All Falangs have both.  We don’t have dog restaurants back home.  Generational, probably.   Back home we spend big money on animals for the breed certification.  Falang not same same everyone 

Edited by Iamfalang

9 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I wouldn't have minded that someone tried to get the 3000, that's human nature, but then for them to just leave the dog there to rot, and for the wife not to support you at all, shows a lack of respect

I'm going to phrase this poorly and I know generalizations suck but... unless I'm proven different and to this day, to me, a very large majority of the Thais have no respect for another's life.

There is only one thing; MONEY.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, BE88 said:

You are not how lucky you were to have welcomed this poor dog who showed you that you were going the wrong way with your wife and with the people you thought were your friends because they gave you big smiles, this dog saved you maybe ten or more, maybe twenty years of your life to understand the people you lived with. Thank this dog who made you understand your situation quickly and who did you a great favor.

I guess that's one way to look at it. Thanks for chiming in.

1 hour ago, NanaSomchai said:

My first Thai wife and I, as she was from a rural issan village of course she asked me to buy her a chunk of land and build her a home, to which back then, I felt obligated to do, so I did.

I stopped reading after this, because I already knew the ending.  ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Noisyaircon2020 said:

Nana Somchai, I am curious, what is your nationality? 

You state that English is not your first language yet your avatar aplears to be the SNP (Scottish Nationalist Party) logo, which implies that you are Scottish. And your English is fine.

English is not my first language no. And yes it is the SNP avatar. I hold triple nationality, one from my mother, one from my father and one from where I was born, all three different, but thanks.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Metal illness is easy for foreigners to find in rural Thai villages.

Yeah, it's not for everybody.  I prefer it, but I was a quite mad contrarian before moving out here so I now fit right in.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Prolific poster?

One thousand, eight hundred and sixty-six.  :thumbsup:  Dude has been on a rip! 

Edited by connda

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Many people who fail or lose in Thailand continue to hang out on these forums to promote their negative view of the place.

Or maybe they just want to give their vision of the place, specially after having spent 10+ years plus there.

I can tolerate a lot of things... including people using dogs as a "delicacy", in order to survive you do what you have to do, you eat what you have to eat.

But telling me the dog has passed away because of me, putting the burden on me all while trying to extort me or ransom me of 3,000 THB is clearly praying on the weak and I'm not even getting at the part where they left the corpse to rot a whopping 8 days under the scorching sun.

I could also tell you how disgruntled I felt being let down by my wife at the very moment I needed her support the most.

Now I am done trying to integrate into the Thai society or attempting to promote a positive way of the place, rather instead I deliberately point where they (the Thais) are wrong and there are a lot of things that are wrong and say... need... ummm... say... to be "improved".

I now see them for what they are.

Edited by NanaSomchai
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Not strictly related........but the wife's family (pleasant people) recently took in two abandoned puppies, brother and sister.

I told the wife if the dogs are to stand a good chance of surviving they will need at least worming tablets if not vaccinations. 

The boy died last week, the girl last night........99% sure from worms. Both distended bellies and vomiting. 

Family didn't bat an eyelid having totally ignored my advice.....sad.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

If you really cared for the dog, you would have taken the time to bury it yourself and not be whining about having to pay someone to do the job for you.

<deleted> knows what you would be like if you had a REAL problem to deal with.

Have a nice day.

Another who didn't comprehend the fact that he couldn't bury the dog.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, ChC1 said:

You are the one to blame. It is entirely your fault.

Holy Moly that one hits like a truck.

15 hours ago, ChC1 said:

2, You are totally wrong in dealing with stray dogs

Here in US, and some part of Europe, the correct way dealing with stray dogs is to call the animal control, they pick up the dogs, check for diseases, then it will either be exterminated or send to an animal welfare shelter where it may find a new owner.

Not a chance of freezing in hell anyone would have cared for that dog, it was already in very poor shape as I explained in my post, fleas, mange, etc, clearly that dog would have been exterminated.

15 hours ago, ChC1 said:

3, Asking family or friend to take the risk of infection to bury a dead dog without compensation is cruel for your own family and friend.

So here is the thing, you want your family and friend to voluntarily help you remove the dead dog, which could be infested with diseases or parasites.

The poor thing died of old age, nothing else, geeze, how could it have been infested with parasites to begin with.

I'm sure however 8 days later when I picked the decaying corpse it was infested, I wore plastic gloves, used a bee mask, a large trash plastic bag to carry the corpse over, at no point my skin came in contact with the decaying body itself and I buried it in a hole behind the house.

Two years later I'm still here and still (physically) fine.

15 hours ago, ChC1 said:

4, You are the culprit yet you blame Thai culture for your own failure

You ignored your wife's warning and take the responsibility.

Yeah okay, not even worth reading to the end at this point

Your attitude is horrendous.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1