Party Advice, (its in a restaurant ok)

mercman24

well APRIL 23 is St Georges day, also my birthday, wanting advice on party snacks,  is Makro any good, ? what best cheese for cocktail sticks etc limited cooking wanted. any tips welcome,, just to say party there last week 6 cops show up, take up 6 paying guests seats, free spirit bottle and mixers on the table, ate all the food, one was <deleted>,  sat there all night minus his shirt, bribery at its best , lol

45 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Mainland vintage cheddar ..... 265bht for 500gm in Makro.

And those crab sticks always go down well.

Yes. I got some of that. A very good deal. You pay around 200 baht for the same thing in Big C  but only 250 grams.

• Like 1

Limited cooking in a Thai restaurant for a party? 555.  Do it right, ask them to get you a whole pig and bbq it in front of the shop, put up some balloons and you'll have the place packed with every skin flint in a 3 km radius.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

ha ha agree bbko, i could eat free at least twice a week here in Jomtien, yes we are having a pig bar b q outside, that cheese seems a good deal thankx, sorry not reply before busy moving KC

Edited by mercman24

today checked out that cheese, says it is crumbly on the packet, no good for cocktail sticks, cant find where i said it was a thai restaurant and one boring old fart reply,ha ha

Edited by mercman24
added more

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

today checked out that cheese, says it is crumbly on the packet, no good for cocktail sticks, cant find where i said it was a thai restaurant and one boring old fart reply,ha ha

There's nothing like a crumbly cheese to wreck a party.  ????

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Get the one labelled "Tasty". Not as sharp as the Vintage or Epicure, but (as the label suggests) tasty.

The problem I find with cheese here is that it gets "sweaty" at room temperature, so it needs to be kept cool.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:23 PM, chickenslegs said:

The problem I find with cheese here is that it gets "sweaty" at room temperature, so it needs to be kept cool.

Turn the air conditioner on.  Nothing worse than sweaty cheese.   ????  

Edited by Leaver