Ukraine invasion: crashing Russian rouble, sanctions deal blow to Thailand bid to revive tourism

webfact

6 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Going to be interesting to see what immigration and hotels do with Russian people that can no longer pay their bills and are unable to get home.

Guess this will be the next item that Thai Pass adds to it's insurance requirement.555

555!  Thailand's Faustian deal blowing up.  Neutral, huh.  Now you Thai's can take care of all your stranded rubleless Russian friends.  No sympathy from me.  And to all you apologists that say that Putin is not the fault of THESE Russians, I say that every citizen is responsible for its leaders.  

Edited by Joules
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Everyone has a say.

It's called guts and civil disobedience.

If the Russian people are prepared to stand by and let a genocide take place in their country's name then they are as guilty as their bloodstained thug of a President.

Armchair hero.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chiang Mai Will said:

Why not? The West have proven they will not interfere in an oppressive country invading a weaker country! Old Sleepy Joe may dither a bit but won't do anything; the EU won't do anything as it may mean it will affect trade; the UK will shout a bit but are too weak to have any effect; Japan will condemn them but is as weak as the UK, USA, and EU!

Thailand and all the African countries that are beholden to China won't speak out as they've sold themselves to China!

China has taken over as the main manufacturer in the world -- our manufacturing bases have been destroyed due to the inability to compete with cheaper prices -- and greed and lack of forethought by our governments!

We can't object (much) to China's invasion of Taiwan other than apply some wishy-washy sanctions as we rely on them too heavily for their goods!

Bring nuclear weapons into the mix,will stop chinas ambitions in a second,just as Ukraine would have done

1 minute ago, phetphet said:

If their economy keeps on crashing, Russia might even outdo Thailand price wise as a holiday destination.

Moscow and St Petersburg certainly worth a visit.

Saw Red Hot Chilly Peppers at the back of Red Square years ago.....that was a wild night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Everyone has a say.

It's called guts and civil disobedience.

If the Russian people are prepared to stand by and let a genocide take place in their country's name then they are as guilty as their bloodstained thug of a President.

Interesting point of view. As far as I know EU is still buying russian gas. So can I ask you do you think EU still finance Putin's affairs because it cant let their people get a little bit cold and thus makes you putin supporter as well? In case If you dont support, could you show a picture of yourself where you protest against EU buying russian gas/oil otherwise it makes you as guilty as anyone else, am i right?

Edited by TacoKhun

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

If the Thai government don’t condemn the Russian invasion then they might find it won’t be just the Russians who won’t be visiting Thailand , but there again we shouldn’t be surprised Thailand has a military government who overthrew a peoples elected government  

Here you have it direct from the PM, Thailand is "neutral".

Thailand will do nothing!

They haven't figured out how to make money going one way or the other.

26 minutes ago, TacoKhun said:

Interesting point of view. As far as I know EU is still buying russian gas. So can I ask you do you think EU still finance Putin's affairs because it cant let their people get a little bit cold and thus makes you putin supporter as well? In case If you dont support, could you show a picture of yourself where you protest against EU buying russian gas/oil otherwise it makes you as guilty as anyone else, am i right?

I don't buy Russian anything. Sorry.

Luckily, Russia accounts for a pathetic 3% of global GDP which makes it largely irrelevant for most countries.

Germany, i believe, has at least one year of gas reserves and I would think they are making alternative arrangements as i type.

As for the rest of your incoherent rant, i think you should stick to ????'s.

I know there are some kinky people on this forum but you wanting me to take a selfie of myself with my gas bill must be in a league of it's own.

You brut.

8 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Sums up Thailand.

"You blew up a civilian tower block?"

Now you qualify for a family deckchair discount. Welcome.

2 faced, immoral, money grabbing and untrustworthy.

You seem to think more highly of them than I do.

Not only is the Russian Ukraine war disrupting Thailand plans to revive the tourism sector, Thailand's "neutral" position on the war, as stated by the Prime Minister, will lead western companies to review their investments in Thailand, and cancel future investments or reduce current investments.  Western companies will reduce or stop purchasing Thai products

Thailand has shown its colours and now will start to feel the pain of sitting on the fence.

Looks like he’s got to come out of retirement. John Rambo. He will single handedly defeat the Russians as he did in Afghanistan. He will then steal a helicopter from the Russians and fly into kremlin, kidnap and carry Putin on one shoulder while firing machine gun in the other back to the chopper. Fly the heavily damaged helicopter and with blood flowing out of countless bullet wounds on his body he manages to crash-land the chopper just on the Ukrainian soil handing Putin to zelensky. Putin is forced to be the dancing partner of zelensky on the Dancing With the Stars II show wearing a red mini skirt. Rambo VII coming soon!

How Europe is dependent on Russian gas

Russia accounts for 65 per cent of Germany’s natural gas imports and almost 40 per cent of the EU’s.

https://www.newstatesman.com/chart-of-the-day/2022/02/how-europe-is-dependent-on-russian-gas

If the EU wants to move away from their reliance for oil and gas from Russia they need to reverse their decisions on shutting down coal fired power stations and nuclear power stations which isn't going to happen unless there is a change of direction from the EU

3 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Looks like he’s got to come out of retirement. John Rambo. He will single handedly defeat the Russians as he did in Afghanistan. He will then steal a helicopter from the Russians and fly into kremlin, kidnap and carry Putin on one shoulder while firing machine gun in the other back to the chopper. Fly the heavily damaged helicopter and with blood flowing out of countless bullet wounds on his body he manages to crash-land the chopper just on the Ukrainian soil handing Putin to zelensky. Putin is forced to be the dancing partner of zelensky on the Dancing With the Stars II show wearing a red mini skirt. Rambo VII coming soon!

Rambo 4 movie: aging Rambo settled that Burma Army Genocide hash big time  ! Body count over 300 ? Liberated the Hill Tribes who joined in too ! ????????

25 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Luckily, Russia accounts for a pathetic 3% of global GDP which makes it largely irrelevant for most countries.

Germany, i believe, has at least one year of gas reserves and I would think they are making alternative arrangements as i type.

I know there are some kinky people on this forum but you wanting me to take a selfie of myself with my gas bill must be in a league of it's own.

You brut.

Germany & UK were incredibly stupid to go “Green” and abandon nuclear & fracking energy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TacoKhun said:

What is the point of your rant?

Do you oppose the Russian invasion of Ukraine?

15 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Not only is the Russian Ukraine war disrupting Thailand plans to revive the tourism sector, Thailand's "neutral" position on the war, as stated by the Prime Minister, will lead western companies to review their investments in Thailand, and cancel future investments or reduce current investments.  Western companies will reduce or stop purchasing Thai products

Thailand has shown its colours and now will start to feel the pain of sitting on the fence.

Tyranny gravitates to Tyranny.

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Moscow and St Petersburg certainly worth a visit.

Saw Red Hot Chilly Peppers at the back of Red Square years ago.....that was a wild night.

Except Tourist Visa & Expensive Pre-Paid Hotels required. For that Dump!

Concluded I was not wanted as  potential spreader of dangerous western ideas of freedom & capitalism, so visited Spain instead. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

You brut.

Russia was once referred to by US Senator McCain as a "gas station masquerading as a country". Too true.

• Like 1

Getting away from the topic of gas for  a moment ,I thought Thailand was expecting an influx of Saudis to fill the gaps in tourism, now those guys have got a shekel or two to spend.