At the UN, Thailand votes to condemn Russia’s aggression in Ukraine

webfact

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

An important human trait is the ability to empathize with the suffering of others. Its pretty clear that there is a vocal minority on here who lack that basic human emotion.

It is a selfishness that seems completely unable to view beyond their own inconvenience. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

And it just keeps getting worse....

Russia is now shelling the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, a nuke facility multiple times larger than Chernobyl. If it is breached, the fallout would spread across all of Europe.

Apparently there is no Red Line. If one has nukes, one can invade whomever they want, kill as many civilians as they desire, even unleash fallout across the world's largest economic zone and home to almost a billion people.

Confront Little Vlad the Psychopath, and we get nuclear winter.  Oh, and if anyone now doesn't think putin is a psychopath, then let me recommend jeffrey Dahmer as your live-in cook.

Maybe he wants another Chernobyl.

Ukraine's Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba called on Russian troops to stop attacking Europe's largest nuclear power plant after a fire broke out. "If it blows up, it will be 10 times larger than Chornobyl! Russians must IMMEDIATELY cease the fire," Kuleba tweeted.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You are completely unhinged if you believe anyone is preaching for that to be done.  Supporting a country which is being invaded and it's people being killed by agreeing to sanctions and monetarily hurting the aggressor (Russia) is the way things are being done.  Your friend Putin is mental and all over the board with his lies and reasoning as well as the denial they are targeting civilians.   So try again.

The one who's unhinged is you if you think I'm condoning what's going on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OmegaRacer said:

Knee jerk reactions, lack of understanding, jumping to conclusions is exactly what got us in this situation in the first place. 

Seems you have more in common with Mr Putin that you'd like to admit. 

No knee jerk reactions from a paranoid Putin got the whole world into this. If you think I have more in common with Putin then I agree with @ThailandRyan you are unhinged.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He did claim that some of the Ukrainian military had Nazi affiliations and there were independent Nazi militia in Ukraine who were attacking ethnic Russians in the area and the Ukrainian Neo Nazi gangs were also attacking Gypsies and LBTG people  in Ukraine and had been growing into a political party and gaining support

Straight from the Kremlin playbook who have more in common with your above post deeply rooted in the underbelly of their society. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

An important human trait is the ability to empathize with the suffering of others. Its pretty clear that there is a vocal minority on here who lack that basic human emotion.

49 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It is a selfishness that seems completely unable to view beyond their own inconvenience. 

285px-The_Dark_Triad.png

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No knee jerk reactions from a paranoid Putin got the whole world into this. If you think I have more in common with Putin then I agree with @ThailandRyan you are unhinged.

It called "projection" and is a form of pejorative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh if the world were all just black and white, wouldn't that be nice... ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OmegaRacer said:

Oh if the world were all just black and white, wouldn't that be nice... ????

Not at all. Would that half the world would cease striving to understand the world as binary instead of nuanced as it is.

Edited by ozimoron

Just now, ozimoron said:

285px-The_Dark_Triad.png

It called "projection" and is a form of pejorative.

So instead of promoting open discourse, you guys prefer to go on ad hominem attacks, questioning morals and values of a person without knowing anything about him, instead of arguing his points? 
Whatever, you drama queens can debate among yourselves. I have better things to do. ta taaa

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Wow. Finally Thailand has decided to defy Russia, and do the right thing? Shocking behavior. Wonder what prompted this? 

Probably following the lead of majority of ASEAN countries including Mynmar. Thailand holds the chair and will be odd if Thailand don't vote in unison with other members. Only Vietnam and Laos abstain. 

11 minutes ago, OmegaRacer said:

So instead of promoting open discourse, you guys prefer to go on ad hominem attacks, questioning morals and values of a person without knowing anything about him, instead of arguing his points? 
Whatever, you drama queens can debate among yourselves. I have better things to do. ta taaa

Try looking at some of the comments you’ve made above, drama queens lol. I nominate you for an Oscar? Ta taaa

• Confused 1

I see the Russian military have reverted to type, long range shelling and bombing of residential housing, schools, hospitals, nuclear power plants, nurseries; you name it, they’re flattening it. Cluster bombs, cruise missiles, vacuum bombs, war crimes en masse.

They don’t really have much choice I guess, because their soldiers won’t get out of their armoured vehicles and fight the brave Ukrainian freedom fighters.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The highly unstable Putin is guaranteed to launch a freaking nuclear war if NATO countries get directly involved. 

Supplying weapons and finance to Ukraine to help them repel the invasion (not sitting on their butts), and strangling the Russian economy is the best we can do at this stage. War is an expensive business and Putin's piggy bank will be pretty empty soon.

Plus the sanctions make it more likely one of his cronies will try to take him out. Why do you think this Russian businessman is offering a bounty - out of the goodness of his heart? 

Any psychopath with access to nuclear weapons is guaranteed to launch them, sanctions or no sanctions.

Or he could be assassinated before he hits the nuclear button.  The probability is that Putin won't stop invading (liberating) other countries after Ukraine - Moldova has been reported as being next on his list. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Try looking at some of the comments you’ve made above, drama queens lol. I nominate you for an Oscar? Ta taaa

To be fair, he never once said that Putin's reasoning and actions were justified. He merely called for a deeper look into the history of the conflict. Some people here think that if you don't have the same reactions as they have, then you must be "against" them and started attacking him on a personal level, calling him Russian apologist and whatnot. That's the black-white mentality he was referring to I think. 

Edited by Ladidaa
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ladidaa said:

To be fair, he never once said that Putin's reasoning and actions were justified. He merely called for a deeper look into the history of the conflict. Some people here think that if you don't have the same reactions as they have, then you must be "against" them and started attacking him on a personal level, calling him Russian apologist and whatnot. That's the black-white mentality he was referring to I think. 

This is just one example……….

“What do you suggest I should be doing then? Assault Russian holidaymakers in Pattaya? Just to show em who's boss?

Would that make you feel better?”

5 star drama queen material. I can provide more?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

This is just one example……….

“What do you suggest I should be doing then? Assault Russian holidaymakers in Pattaya? Just to show em who's boss?

Would that make you feel better?”

5 star drama queen material. I can provide more?

You see what you want to see, that's fine.
We all have our opinions, but calling someone selfish, heartless, Russian apologist, unhinged etc for daring to point out (unpopular) historical facts, is not right. Wouldn't you agree?

1 minute ago, Ladidaa said:

You see what you want to see, that's fine.
We all have our opinions, but calling someone selfish, heartless, Russian apologist, unhinged etc for daring to point out (unpopular) historical facts, is not right. Wouldn't you agree?

No I read what is there, check what I said in my post directed to him in his response to labeling people here drama queens. My response was in reference to that. Now if you’ve finished talking for him or would you like to actually discuss the topic?

31 minutes ago, Ladidaa said:

*Deleted post edited out*

Stay on topic, will ya? ???? 

I think Thailand is forced to condemn Russia, whatever it thinks of the invasion. 
Where Russia and the US's invasion in Iraq differ, is that the US spend a lot of resources spreading the false narrative (aka lies) to the world about the WMD. People around the world started to believe in the lies, because they were repeated over and over again. This way they gathered sympathy and support from other countries.
Russia on the other hand completely skipped this part and went straight for the invasion. There is no sympathy and very little support from other countries. I think this is Russia's biggest problem. 

Have no idea what Iraq has got to do with the invasion of Ukraine by Russia and the subsequent statements and vote issued by Thailand, Thailand was not forced into anything, over 30 countries abstained, the false narrative by Putin and the Kremlin (aka lies) is well documented.

"Ministry spokesman Tanee Sangrat on Thursday said the Kingdom voted in support of a UN resolution condemning Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and demanding Moscow withdraw its forces immediately. 

The statement said Thailand was “gravely concerned” at worsening hostilities leading to loss of innocent lives, property and civilian infrastructure in Ukraine.

It said the situation of refugees and those fleeing fighting was particularly worrying and pledged Thailand would “do our utmost in addressing humanitarian needs of the affected citizens, directly and in partnership with like-minded international organizations”.

Edited by Bkk Brian