Minivan driver blames wet road for Sri Racha accident that injures two, shuts down traffic for over two hours

webfact

1646136529213.jpg

PHOTO: Khaodenpradendang

By Goong Nang(GN)

Sri Racha – A minivan driver blamed a wet road and not his driving following a collision with a pickup truck that injured two people and shut down traffic for over two hours this week.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident on Tuesday (March 1st) at a U-turn in front of a hospital in the Borwin sub-district.

The first response teams arrived at the scene to find an overturned minivan and an overturned pickup truck on the road. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/03/minivan-driver-blames-wet-road-for-sri-racha-accident-that-injures-two-shuts-down-traffic-for-over-two-hours/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-03

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

“I was driving slowly. The road was wet, causing me to lose control of my minivan and crash into a pickup truck in the opposite lane. Luckily, I was wearing a seatbelt and not seriously injured. The accident was not my fault, it’s the fault of the wet road.”

If you were driving slowly mate, how did your vehicle end up on its side?

Muppet. 

The authorities will possibly believe  him and forgive him.

• Like 1

Good excuse to a Thai why? the cop comes from the same  system excuse use before and works so why not continue.

Not many or any excuse for slipping accidents in Thai bathroom which is always wet I wonder why maybe if they apply the same theory????

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The response is utterly childlike...  when something goes wrong here there are a lot (not all) of people who simply do not have the emotional skillset and maturity to accept responsibility - its always someone else’s fault. 

Imagine in the UK, it rains a little and a driver looses control of his car but claims its nothing to do with his driving, its the fault of the road - He’d be made a laughing stock !.... 

Here in Thailand it seems such a juvenile avoidance of responsibly is not only the norm, its expected and fully enabled by those who should otherwise be enforcing the law.... 

Who says that the police (assuming they ever showed up) would hear the driver's wet road excuse and simply say, "Oh, alright then"?

These idiots offer these rubbish excuses to the media. Nobody bothers to actually report on who gets cautioned, charged, fined, jailed, etc..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

“I was driving slowly. The road was wet, causing me to lose control of my minivan and crash into a pickup truck in the opposite lane. Luckily, I was wearing a seatbelt and not seriously injured. The accident was not my fault, it’s the fault of the wet road.”

If you were driving slowly mate, how did your vehicle end up on its side?

Muppet. 

However it was relayed, it's all about driving too fast for conditions.  Maybe he was not over the speed limit but still too fast on a wet road.

Like the other worn thin old chestnut 'brake failure'

which usually is the colloquialism for "I was driving like a complete ####, when disaster became inevitable I stamped on the brakes....and they failed to save me"

The wet road did it again.  So many drivers use this reason for accidents here.  Many people like to blame everyone and everything.  Just shows the lack of accountability  and type of mentality.  
If a person drives on a wet road,  they are supposed to adjust their speed accordingly.  But if you speed,  drive erratically ,  have bad tires,  that’s what happens. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

“I was driving slowly. The road was wet, causing me to lose control of my minivan and crash into a pickup truck in the opposite lane. Luckily, I was wearing a seatbelt and not seriously injured. 

"Luckily, I was wearing a seatbelt and not seriously injured."

I.e., "Luckily I was not thinking clearly and I used my seatbelt.

Normally I never do that."

Edited by JimmyJ

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The response is utterly childlike...  when something goes wrong here there are a lot (not all) of people who simply do not have the emotional skillset and maturity to accept responsibility - its always someone else’s fault. 

Imagine in the UK, it rains a little and a driver looses control of his car but claims its nothing to do with his driving, its the fault of the road - He’d be made a laughing stock !.... 

Here in Thailand it seems such a juvenile avoidance of responsibly is not only the norm, its expected and fully enabled by those who should otherwise be enforcing the law.... 

He knows and everyone else knows he is responsible, but if he said so then he'd lose face - and nothing is more important to a Thai than that. And all those around him pretend to agree with him for that reason, even though they know the reality. It's Thai culture.