AFTERSHAVE - What is everyone wearing ???

RedArmy

I use underarm deodorant, I wish some expats could do the same. I won't specify nationalities.

IMO it would be easy to spot the ones using aftershave. They are the ones keeling over after they have put their masks on.

• Haha 2

Jil Sander Sun for Men, Roma Uomo Laura Biagiotti, Charactere Dianiel Hechter, Aramis, Quorum Antonio Puig

Just to name a few favorites of mine, difficult to get local although all of these scents are for Asian Men

• Thanks 1

I have used Ted Lapidus EDT since 1987 and nothing else I have tried comes close to it, and I still buy it online, although it is not easy to find or to ship, but I manage to get it sent via friends.

And for those interested I do shower up to 2 times daily and I do use an antiperspirant!!

image.png.bc6e84571dbb10e224714819b723400a.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Exactly what happened to me. Exept that Kouros is not really an aftershave. It is eau de toilette. Now I use mostly Antaeus:. Available at Central Festival.

As far as showering goes: 2 x per day minimum with Shokubutsu Monogatari.

Antaeus.jpg

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CharlieH said:

All we need now is a "smell" button.

Hahaha

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And you are obviously obsessed. Help, "I can´t find my favorite brands". "I bring 35 bottles of aftershave with me". Really???

Yes, i am defiantly obsessed for sure - Have been into my fragrances for the past 40 years - Its a big passion of mine.

I understand that its not for everyone but i should be ok for a few years. Thanks for the positive feedback.

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I never use aftershave. EDP/EDT is much better and lasts longer. Best one IMO is Joop. Fragrance will last well over 24 hours.

น้ำหอม Joop ราคาถูก ซื้อออนไลน์ที่ Lazada.co.th

Love this fragrance but sadly i have an allergic reaction from Joop.

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The picture you displayed is an EDT bottle and not aftershave. It has a spray head delivery. 

images.jpeg-15.jpg

Yes, i understand - I mostly use EDT & EDP.

4 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

....and obviously on commission from Versace!

He should try this:-

image.jpeg.0bc390306ccc7ac322e207e17bd69e6c.jpeg

I wish i was mate.

32 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

My father used Old Spice ( I used to nick it back in the day ) and I went on to use Brut and then discovered Kouros.

Same for me back in the day.

17 minutes ago, Willy Wombat said:

1273F8E0-0666-4672-9D1C-B8C59962EB26.jpeg

Bought my son a bottle for his birthday - He loves it.

15 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I have used Ted Lapidus EDT since 1987 and nothing else I have tried comes close to it, and I still buy it online, although it is not easy to find or to ship, but I manage to get it sent via friends.

And for those interested I do shower up to 2 times daily and I do use an antiperspirant!!

image.png.bc6e84571dbb10e224714819b723400a.png

Interesting - Not really familiar with this fragrance. Will look out for it in the future.

5 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Exactly what happened to me. Exept that Kouros is not really an aftershave. It is eau de toilette. Now I use mostly Antaeus:. Available at Central Festival.

As far as showering goes: 2 x per day minimum with Shokubutsu Monogatari.

Antaeus.jpg

My favourite Chanel fragrance ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Anyone know for certain anywhere that sells genuine 'Kouros'? Have been looking on and off for years.

If you havent found one by September, let me know & I'll have one brought over for you from the UK.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Anyone know for certain anywhere that sells genuine 'Kouros'? Have been looking on and off for years.

I have not bought Kouros in Thailand, but I suspect that the official YSL shop in Central Festival cannot afford not to sell the original stuff - although there is no guarantee exept your nose.

Edited by moogradod

While we are at fragrances at the time please allow me to hijack this thread a little bit. My wife is looking for the ordinary original "Opium" (red) and was told by sales personnel in Central Festival that it is not available - whatever they meant - not produced anymore (which I doubt), not available in Pattaya (possible). Anybody knows a reputable shop (preferably Pattaya, but BKK is OK, too) that sells it ?

4 hours ago, lazygourmet said:

vichy.png

this one was my favorite some year ago but couldn't find it here in Thailand, do you where they sell it I am using Avena balm but not good, Nivea balm extremely expensive at Lazada

Edited by Mavideol

15 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Similar product is sold in Thailand everywhere. Not for overpowering old man smell but a disinfectant and conditioner for the skin after shaving.

Unknown-1.jpeg

It's neither a "disinfectant" nor a "conditioner", it's just perfumed aftershave!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I suspect some here are still using these........????

images (27).jpeg

download (2).jpeg

Those who favorite and used this  at that time ....are supposed to be now already  long time dead ....????. awful old stuff ????????

on this site you can see compositions from present fragrances , look up by name or ingredients

Wikiparfum - Search by perfume ingredient  or name 

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

this one was my favorite some year ago but couldn't find it here in Thailand, do you where they sell it I am using Avena balm but not good, Nivea balm extremely expensive at Lazada

My sister sends it to me if I am running out of it before my next eurotrip.

Never bought it in Thailand but -not sure if still exists- there was a Vichy booth at Central Siam.

3 hours ago, moogradod said:

Now I use mostly Antaeus:. Available at Central Festival.

Chanel NEVER do any sales on their products (They don't really need too)

Chanel Antaeus only comes in 1 size - 100ml - How much is it at Central Festival ??

UK = £85 per bottle.

I can get it for £69.70.

59 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Love Creed, it one of my favs

Mine too but very expensive - Unfortunately over the past few years, they have slightly changed their ingredients as some of them have become more & more expensive to acquire. Resulting in their recent batches becoming more weaker - 

I have a 100ml bottle of Aventus, i think around 2017 batch - Recent batches are not the same quality.

There is actually a big market with people looking to purchase older batches.

I won £300 on a football fantasy league & treated myself to a bottle - £260.

They recently introduced the Creed Aventus COLOGNE - I received a nice discount & bought a 100ml bottle for £160, direct from Creed.

I only wear these on special occasions.