Vegan Restaurant recommendations please.

JimmyJ

5 hours ago, G Rex said:

How do they cook Vegans in Thailand?  Would have to add a lot of sugar, and Fish sauce of course..

It's illegal to cook vegans.

Also Gin Jae they don't use nam pla.

Edited by rwill

Broccoli revolution is also at top floor in the Embassy Mall where the British embassy used to be, sadly the veggie kitchen on the corner of Asoke moved to 101, bit far out. The Issan restaurant just after exchange tower has some nice veg options.

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 1

Get the Happy Cow app. The full version is now free. Will tell you all you need to know all over the planet, not just Thailand. 

For cheap vegan eats terminal 21 5th floor food court, Pier 21, has a veg stall. Mostly vegan but a couple items contain egg and those are obvious.

As mentioned Veganerie. Also Goodsouls Kitchen on Petchaburi Rd (35 min walk). Broccoli Revolution (25-30 mins). 

• Like 1

Look at Bombay Masala Indian Restaurant.  It's on Soy 21 and walking distance from Sukhumvit road.  It's a bit recessed from the street and easy to miss if you're looking at shops on Soy 21... So, use a GPS on your phone.  It's actually quite inexpensive (almost cheap).

Edited by JuanMatus
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for those who offered suggestions.

The Pier 21 veg. stand has been my go to place since my 1st visit to Bangkok.

Someone referred to (Mai's) Veggie Kitchen having moved.

Too bad - I wandered around 1 night trying to find it in its old location, then wandered to Happy Cow's new location for it where it also didn't exist.

(Have used Happy Cow for a long time, although like Trip Advisor, in many cases few reviews for the last 2 years, hours and ownerships changed in many cases as well as temp. or permanently closed).

Called the phone # HC listed and no help there.

Seems to be out of business.

Prior to making the OP, my quarantine hotel had let me order for myself from a vegan restaurant and thus became a 3x/day Veganerie Nana customer - found it thru Happy Cow - unfamiliar with Veganerie previously - I think it didn't exist last time I'd been in Bangkok.

Especially missing their Chocolate Fudge Cake and the Chocolate Mousse Cake.

And a few of the Wraps.

Would like to recommend a place very close to Suk/Asoke I discovered this trip - Kaek Kao Kua.

~ 6 or 8 different types of Vegan noodles cooked a few different ways - about 70 -85 BHT.

Will add extras for 10 BHT each - Morning Glory was one.

Charming vivacious woman runs it - one of those Bangkok private houses in the midst of the skyscrapers.

Was doing delivery only, recently put 2 tables on the porch.

Edited by JimmyJ