Russian embassy warns outsiders not to volunteer to fight in Ukraine

webfact

49 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Who was shortly after admonished by the UK chief of defence staff, Admiral Sir Tony Radekin who said “We’ve been very clear that it’s unlawful as well as unhelpful for UK military and for the UK population to start going towards Ukraine in that sense,”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/mar/06/britons-ukraine-fight-defence-chief-contradicts-liz-truss

He previously said: “There are people who will go … I think what I would say is unless you are properly trained, unless you are a, you know, experienced member of an armed forces, I think there are better ways for you to contribute to the security of Ukraine.”

Regardless.........

Nearly 20,000 volunteers from 52 countries are being sent to #Ukraine to fight with #Russian invaders - Foreign Minister Dmitry Kuleba.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder could it be done (as it was in Spain in 1936) that freedom fighters from any nation could form a volunteer air force, be supplied with F35's, Tornadoes, drones and the like, and take the fight to the Russians in a far more substantial way as an openly declared, named, independent volunteer force?

A for threatening escalating for any NATO or other nation west of Ukraine supplying air bases, fuel and ground crews to any Ukrainian flyers up your Putin!

Edited by Tropposurfer

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

He previously said: “There are people who will go … I think what I would say is unless you are properly trained, unless you are a, you know, experienced member of an armed forces, I think there are better ways for you to contribute to the security of Ukraine.”

Agreed. While Russia has my back up, at age 75, without any military training? Cannon fodder or just get in the way and take needed resources. Only function could be in humanitarian assistance but better to vocally support allied nations sending military/humanitarian support for the Ukrainian citizens. Putin has royally screwed up!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wwest5829 said:

While making no apology for my unlimited condemnation of Russia invading Ukraine, I do want to thank the Russian citizens who are demonstrating their condemnation of Putin's decision to invade Ukraine. Both the Ukrainian citizens fighting for their country and Russians in Russia fighting against this wrongful action should gain our recognition.

Saw a clip today of what appeared to be a woman (maybe wrong), at the worse end of batons wielded by about 5 men in paramilitary gear in Russia. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Russia has lost the tiny bit of moral authority it might have once had. And they are obviously very scared and shocked the war is not going as planned. Anyone and everyone who is interested, should join the fight. Ukraine is fighting back, and the young Russian soldiers are demoralized by having to slaughter civilians, especially women and children. Not to mention a lack of supplies, extremely poor planning, a twisted and corrupt military, an unhinged leader, and a broken down, nearly 3rd world nation, that can ill afford a prolonged war. 

Russia is a desperado pariah state. Paying attention to international treaties is not expected of them. After all, the place is run by a heinous serial killing, thieving, multi billionaire dictator, who may be insane. 

So what's Putin going to do when he runs out of young teenage Russians to fight his war, send old Russians?

• Haha 1

I see no reason why russians who support this horrific invasion, whether they be diplomats or private citizens, should feel safe anywhere. They are enemy combatants and should be dealt with as such. Folks can go to Ukraine to face the invaders there, or deal with any russian anywhere who supports the psychopath putin. No refuge for the guilty.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Walker88 said:

I see no reason why russians who support this horrific invasion, whether they be diplomats or private citizens, should feel safe anywhere. They are enemy combatants and should be dealt with as such. Folks can go to Ukraine to face the invaders there, or deal with any russian anywhere who supports the psychopath putin. No refuge for the guilty.

We don't attack people outside of war zones, who are not actively engaged in combat. That is a war crime too !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

1646569365542.jpg

Invading a neighboring sovereign country that poses no threat to you is an act of war, for which the leadership of the aggressor country should stand trial in Hague. The best-case scenario for them is detention and prosecution. Therefore I would strongly advise certain nation against participation in foreign military "special operations".

11 minutes ago, tonray said:

We don't attack people outside of war zones, who are not actively engaged in combat. That is a war crime too !

The war is international. The russian embassy in Thailand is threatening people, so perhaps you will send them the same message?

Their threat, and their support for the invasion, makes them guilty.

• Confused 1

Just now, Walker88 said:

The war is international. The russian embassy in Thailand is threatening people, so perhaps you will send them the same message?

Their threat, and their support for the invasion, makes them guilty.

Carry on....get your sword ready.....and get a lawyer

The likelihood this ends with the use of nukes increases by the day. patience is wearing thin on the side of Europe and NATO, and putin is backed into a corner, albeit 100% of his own creation. Odds that he uses nukes---perhaps against Poland, perhaps against Washington---are rising. He is a coward (note his 10 meter tables), but he is irrational. At the first sign he will use nukes, russia will cease to exist.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

So what's Putin going to do when he runs out of young teenage Russians to fight his war, send old Russians?

There have been current reports that he is doing just that.

4 minutes ago, tonray said:

Carry on....get your sword ready.....and get a lawyer

You wish to be a spectator. Your choice. The risk of the use of nukes increases by the day, so like it or not, the war is likely to affect you.

This is a pivotal point in history, and just as WWII required extremely harsh measures to eradicate the threat, it is quite likely harsh measures will be required again. The difference, sadly, is that the world is full of nukes now.

The intel on putin's plans was spot on. Unfortunately, the same intel suggests putin is considering the use of nukes. Again, one has to hope that someone like Naryshkin will do the needful before it is too late.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrfill said:

Who was shortly after admonished by the UK chief of defence staff, Admiral Sir Tony Radekin who said “We’ve been very clear that it’s unlawful as well as unhelpful for UK military and for the UK population to start going towards Ukraine in that sense,”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/mar/06/britons-ukraine-fight-defence-chief-contradicts-liz-truss

Looks like the UK Government is following the Thai system of official communications.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

In the past I have read your erudite and well thought out posts and generally agreed with them.  In this instance I think you are totally wrong to suggest people should attack Russians wherever they are.  Even if they support the invasion it is still unsure if that support is based on  full understanding of the facts of what is happening or simply due to the propaganda that has been their only information source.  You are trying to incite hatred towards a group of people who may only be guilty by association or where they were born. 

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth only results in everybody becoming blind and starving.

I do agree that Putin may resort to a nuclear strike when cornered but it would seem highly illogical to attack the US in the knowledge that they have almost parity in number of nukes but probably greater effectiveness in terms of accuracy and delivery.  Poland is possible but his rhetoric so far has been to blame the British Foreign Secretary and PM for their actions in support of Ukraine and the imposition of sanctions; which he has already claimed is a declaration of war.

Edited by animalmagic
typo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

In the past I have read your erudite and well thought out posts and generally agreed with them.  In this instance I think you are totally wrong to suggest people should attack Russians wherever they are.  Even if they support the invasion it is still unsure if that support is based on  full understanding of the facts of what is happening or simply due to the propaganda that has been their only information source.  You are trying to incite hatred towards a group of people who may only be guilty by association or where they were born. 

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth only results in everybody becoming blind and starving.

I do agree that Putin may resort to a nuclear strike when cornered but it would seem highly illogical to attack the US in the knowledge that they have almost parity in number of nukes but probably greater effectiveness in terms of accuracy and delivery.  Poland is possible but his rhetoric so far has been to blame the British Foreign Secretary and PM for their actions in support of Ukraine and the imposition of sanctions; which he has already claimed is a declaration of war.

"Cornered" would be holed up in the bunker under the Kremlin, while Russian troops are retreating in haste, in the face of a deeply penetrating advance, into Russian sovereign territory, by the forces of the free world.

Even then it would be a "maybe".

It doesn't mean booted out of Ukraine.

Hit him now, hit him hard.

• Like 1