Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health expects Covid-19 to be fully treated as ‘endemic’ by July

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai Ministry of Public Health has joined university researchers to assess Thailand’s response to the Covid-19 situation following World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines, expecting to announce the disease as endemic in July.

:coffee1:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, rainham said:

If the government are telling the truth about the percentage  of people that have been fully vaccinated then end all the restrictions now it's an airborn virus everyone will get it you can't  isolate your way out of it.  get vaccinated and get on with life 

Government telling the truth. 

Never on my watch 5555

• Like 2

And MOH just were thinking that soon, 15 Trillion Chinese Billionaires, 11 Billion Indian Trillionaires and 150 Million Russian Ruble Billionaires are buying all empty condos all over Thailand and spend at least each 1 Million Baht on a 2 weeks holiday.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s and the Ministry of Public Health’s competence and the situational response was at a very good level

wouldn't expect anything else out of Anutin's mouth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Thailand will enforce public mask wearing for years to come.
As soon as there is no longer a legal mandate, mine's coming off.  The only reason I wear it is to play along to get along.

But they work!

Spray some Bear Spray in a room, put a mask on, step in and take a big breath.  The Bear Spray particles are larger than any SARS virus.  Let us know how the experiment works out.  :thumbsup:

Very scientific!

A difficulty in a place where , lying, disinformation, misinformation, bribery , nepotism are normalized  and just plain ignorance abound. I cannot recall a leader admitting they lied or were in error lately , a fault not unique to here.

Added to this suppurating barrier is of course the self imposed shackle of trying not to embarrass the oppressors via "Loss of face".

Of course aside from tourism or needs of imported labour the regime, it's not really governing more like crisis management while fooling/robbing the citizens so wants any lever to control dissent movement, Easier to make protest marches illegal than waste more bullets shooting nurse in Bangkok.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/12/11/mother-of-slain-nurse-charged-for-constitution-day-rally/

Edited by RubbaJohnny

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

if anyone really believes that the vaccines did not save hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of lives and in fact caused problems for more than a handful of people worldwide then I'm happy not to be in their company. The same people probably believe that the Earth is flat and that the sun revolves around the Earth. It must do surely, as it moves across the sky.

I'm sure the vaccine saved many hundreds of thousands of lives around the world when Delta and the previous versions of the virus hit.

Omicron, not so much. We either need a new vaccine or it becomes a cold after wiping out all the vulnerable, or some combination of both.

I suspect it will end up as a combination of both for a while ending in a new 'cold' with some future variant.

The currently circulating incarnations of all the cold viruses (ignoring influenza as that's very different) have all been mutating for centuries, some of them 1000's of years.

There's nothing new, it's all happened before and will all happen again.

• Like 1

"Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health expects Covid-19 to be fully treated as ‘endemic’ by July"

Only four more months of all the restrictions i guess, then it's time to remove the ones that are not making anyone richer anymore and just keep the restrictions that earn the most for the chosen few

• Like 1
  • Confused 1