Toaster

KannikaP

After a Philips @ Bht 700 which did not toast evenly, and an Otto @ Bht 300 which does not hold down, and both of which will not take a full size slice of Makro bread, has anyone found one which does please. Both have been refunded by Lazada.

I've turned into an Electrolux fan of late.  Haven't needed to replace anything in years.  Browse at the brick & mortars, shop online if finding the same item cheaper.   I need hands on when picking most things. 

I find I need a toaster, and a toaster over.  1 size doesn't fit all.  If only room for one, then toaster oven.  Way too versatile, oven, not to have.  Bakes, broils, grills, and even puts out decent toast, accommodating all sizes.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sharp KZ-2S03 takes Makro bread ok and is the best of the 3 I've bought. The Otto double size one died quickly

Just looked at it on Homepro & Powerbuy, same price Bht 690. 

Love how it says 7 power levels, but 0 to 4 will not toast the bread!   LOL

Coincidence.

The cheapo toaster we bought 12 years ago passed away quietly on Friday afternoon. Emergency CPR failed to revive it so I was looking in Big C yesterday for a new one to replace it . Not seeing anything that I thought was worth the money I bought one on Lazada for 269 baht.

a toaster.jpg

Now just waiting to see if it works and will last as long as the last Cheapo. Seems that they must come from China as there are several identical ones on Lazada but with a different sticker. Plenty of reviews  for it so just waiting for delivery.

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Denim said:

Coincidence.

The cheapo toaster we bought 12 years ago passed away quietly on Friday afternoon. Emergency CPR failed to revive it so I was looking in Big C yesterday for a new one to replace it . Not seeing anything that I thought was worth the money I bought one on Lazada for 269 baht.

a toaster.jpg

Now just waiting to see if it works and will last as long as the last Cheapo. Seems that they must come from China as there are several identical ones on Lazada but with a different sticker. Plenty of reviews  for it so just waiting for delivery.

My cheapo (Bht 290) came from Lazada on Friday, used it twice, third time the bread will not stay down. You get what you pay for I guess.

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

My cheapo (Bht 290) came from Lazada on Friday, used it twice, third time the bread will not stay down. You get what you pay for I guess.

Yup. The first cheapo we bought was the same. Took it back to Big C and they replaced it with same model.That had lasted us 12 years until Friday.

If Lazada one is a dud I'll put of getting another one until I am next in the city where there is more choice.

11 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yup. The first cheapo we bought was the same. Took it back to Big C and they replaced it with same model.That had lasted us 12 years until Friday.

If Lazada one is a dud I'll put of getting another one until I am next in the city where there is more choice.

They only had a couple of 'kids' ones in Makro, and very limited choice in Lotus's. Big C is next.

The last one I had was a large slot Otto for 10 years. RIP.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

3 is enough for Makro bread. BTW just discovered bread from Continental Bakery doesn't fit in there, won't be buying that again

• Like 1

I've had a Kashiwa two slice toaster for about 10 years now and it has been working fine, and I think it was around 350 baht or thereabouts when bought.

I looked on the bottom and I can't find a label as to where it's made, but China would be a good bet, and it takes two decent size slices of toast although when I buy the rustic unsliced bread, I sometimes have to trim very small amounts off the edges, but then again I've never had any problem with it, so can recommend it.

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Coincidence.

a toaster.jpg

You'll be delighted as long as you don't want to toast anything bigger or thicker than a cracker (or crappy, thin Farmhouse "bread").   

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You'll be delighted as long as you don't want to toast anything bigger or thicker than a cracker (or crappy, thin Farmhouse "bread").   

I make my own bread and can cut the slices to fit, although , come to think of it our old toaster took thick slices so if this is about the same no problem. Anyways , locally nothing to chose from , and so, as I said ....this will tide me over until I'm next in the city.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

We have an Electrolux 4 slot beast, does reasonably well on makro sliced.

I'd like a pukka industrial one but we really don't make enough toast.

Snap, can do crumpets from frozen.

We use a oven that can take full size sheet baking trays (baking & pizza) + use it to make toast every day... For us, this offers the most usefulness.....It has convection & rotisserie too, but we never use those....We had a toaster & never really used it....The waffle maker sees more action.....

I make bread, and we bake, so it's handy for all the various pan sizes and cake tins.....

It might be a good option to consider....

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

That brings back memories of 60 to 70 years ago.

Yessss

I can still remember watching the 1966 world cup final with Bobby Moore et al  and toasting bread and marsh mallows in front of a fire and a black and white television. 

• Like 2

We've had a Phillips just like this one for about 8 years now. It's not let us down yet. Even Madam Moon is into toast now!

We don't shop at Makro, but I can tell you that it will accommodate slices up 11 x 11 cms.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

That says more about the local bread than it does about the toaster.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

That says more about the local bread than it does about the toaster.

I find it difficult to get my home made bread to toast properly. Farmhouse white and Makro multigrain do OK.

39 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

18 years old and works like new.

Toaster

Good kit, classic example of getting what you pay for.   We've had one of these Phillips models for a few years, not cheap but worth it.   Particularly like the large size 'slots'.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/philips-hd2638-2-toaster-100-i3495649021-s12990428512.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.24.25e08431waaXNr&search=1&freeshipping=1

12 hours ago, Moonlover said:

We've had a Phillips just like this one for about 8 years now. It's not let us down yet. Even Madam Moon is into toast now!

We don't shop at Makro, but I can tell you that it will accommodate slices up 11 x 11 cms.

Bought this one off Lazada last week. It did not toast evenly, will not take Makro full size multigrain slices which are 14-15 cm tall, and came without the croissant support. Went back for a refund. 

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Bought this one off Lazada last week. It did not toast evenly, will not take Makro full size multigrain slices which are 14-15 cm tall, and came without the croissant support. Went back for a refund. 

I was out of the country when the niece had the toaster catastrophe. Mrs NL went to HomePro, browsed their toaster selection and chose the Electrolux. She took a picture, sent it to the niece who bought it on lazada. saved maybe 300 baht?

You simply CAN NOT use the pictures presented on lazada as even a rough guide on any product's suitability. It's best to shop for what you want first and THEN see if it's cheaper online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I was out of the country when the niece had the toaster catastrophe. Mrs NL went to HomePro, browsed their toaster selection and chose the Electrolux. She took a picture, sent it to the niece who bought it on lazada. saved maybe 300 baht?

You simply CAN NOT use the pictures presented on lazada as even a rough guide on any product's suitability. It's best to shop for what you want first and THEN see if it's cheaper online.

Yes, and shop by model #. as some look identical.   Use Electrolux's 'flagship' store on LAZ, and or order from Homepro online, and get 'online discount', and they'll deliver or you can pick up at local HP.   

Have a Bosch toaster machine and has the gadget on top to heat up croissants, think it was in the 700 baht range.

If bread slices are too big then save time by cutting them in half to fit in the toaster machine and don't have to do it afterwards.

If toasting is uneven then take them out and turn them around to get even toasted bread.

Had the toaster about 5 years now.

• Like 2

we bought a princess toaster 8 years ago and its still going strong, can fit 4 plus big slices at a time, paid over a thousand baht for it originally but worth it as it toasts everything and works very well.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:09 AM, KannikaP said:

The briefest of searches on the WWW will reveal that the average size of a slice of shop bought sliced bread is 3 to 4 inches square and I'm quite sure that every pop up toaster in the world is designed around those dimensions. I'm afraid that it is Makro who are out of lockstep.

Lotus's produce an excellent whole wheat sliced loaf which toasts to perfection. (in my aging Phillips)

• Like 1