PM office says rising oil prices are beyond its control, plans to roll out relief measures

webfact

Thailand currently produces about 1/3 of the oil it consumes annually. You'd think they might have some reserves to offset this kind of the crisis in the short term. Given how much seems to leak out in to the gulf, perhaps not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They are already controlling it.

10 days ago, 1 litre Diesel in Kanchanaburi 35,XX

Last Friday at Shell in BKK, 39,7

Over the weekend, oil went up over 10% and I was surprised seeing at the same Shell station that Diesel was 38,54

A drop of 3%. I was expecting something closer to 42

9 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Sitting at the head of a table in a military uniform everything is your fault ????

That's not his military uniform. It's a civil servant uniform, same type teachers and other civil servants wear every Monday and on other official occasions

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm pretty sure they will have no qualms buying Russian oil

I hope so, as surely the EU isn't going to stop buying energy from RU.   Especially Germany.  USA is now still buying.

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I hope so, as surely the EU isn't going to stop buying energy from RU.   Especially Germany.  USA is now still buying.

it's nothing something that can be changed at the flick of a switch, but if the EU does't change its energy purchasing strategy it's going to find itself even more bent over a barrel. pun intended.

• Like 1