Number of Russian visitors in Phuket instantly drops, Phuket struggles to find solutions for hundreds of stranded tourists with no access to funds due to sanctions

webfact

1 hour ago, grumpyoldman said:

Please don't paint all Russians with one brush. I have Russian friends in Phuket and they are really good people. As one poster already mentioned, it's Putin's agenda, not your average Russian's.

My buddy Max's wife, Tanya, makes the BEST pierogi...............mmmmmmmm mushroom & onion pierogi........

Agree.  Russians can be some seriously tough SOB’s but they are as good and decent as any other people.  Maybe put that hate on their leaders but not all Russians are evil or gangsters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Trump ordered the pullout before the election. Biden decided not to reverse it. Maybe some people should read more fact based media.

The Trump administration in February 2020 negotiated a withdrawal agreement with the Taliban that excluded the Afghan government, freed 5,000 imprisoned Taliban soldiers and set a date certain of May 1, 2021, for the final withdrawal.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/timeline-of-u-s-withdrawal-from-afghanistan/

Trump did negotiate a pullout, correct, it was a phased withdrawal, thats not what Biden did. Where does it say he ordered 85 BILLION dollars of military hardware to be left behind? I'm pretty sure they could use that hardware in Ukraine right now!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

blown out of porportions :

total arrivals since nov 1st- feb 28th

816,000, Russians accounted for 55,300 so 14.7% of total arrivals

I'd venture a guess at less than 10% of those remain in Thailand.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

How are these folks returning to Russia?

I guess there are some options by EK?

Korean Air just halted all russian flights for two weeks; their refueling supplier suspended their service.

This was the situation, taken from Thai News Reports .... hope it's ok to repost.

FNNGjVeaQAEqc6i.jpg.948348b5174f3568b1f18b0449856ecc.jpg

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Trump did negotiate a pullout, correct, it was a phased withdrawal, thats not what Biden did. Where does it say he ordered 85 BILLION dollars of military hardware to be left behind? I'm pretty sure they could use that hardware in Ukraine right now!

There was no phased withdrawal proposed by Trump, he had set a short deadline which Biden extended. Most of the equipment left behind was unusable anyway.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Nato and Europe then, having taken an inch, wanted to take the full yard and pushed for Ukraine to join and that was always a red line for Russian .... yet they kept pushing. Putin warned and warned again ...... you don't poke the bear. If the Minsk Agreement was observed by Nato, then it may be a different outcome today than the sh1tfight we have now.

Exactly, I only wonder why Obama was looking at escalation with Russia? Maybe it was Biden, who was responsible for Ukrainian affairs had some benefits from Burisma, where Hunter B. was sitting at $50K/month? What was the agenda of StateDept? Another color revolution?

And about Russian banks VISA and MC international payments/withdrawals: they all are working fine, at least until march 10th, most likely the OP was a fake as usual. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

How history quickly forgets that the Russians were the allies of Britain and France in World war 1 under the Triple Entente fighting against Germany. They lost up to 2.5 million soldiers in that war, fighting with the allies. In world war two, the great allies of Britain, the US and the Soviet Union formed the Grande Alliance and that was the key to Victory. Without the Soviet Union, the allies would have lost and life would be different today. Roughly 8.6 million Russian soldiers died fighting for the allies in World War Two. They lost about 20 million people in total from all causes. A huge sacrifice.

No one recalls the history because we are too busy with Tik tok or Facebook BS but we owe a lot of our freedoms to Russia - once strong allies. 

Nato has a short memory as well. Under the Minsk Agreement, after the break up of the Soviet Union, they were not meant to expand into Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia. They did, breaking that treaty which Russia allowed to slide ..... but not without objection.

Nato and Europe then, having taken an inch, wanted to take the full yard and pushed for Ukraine to join and that was always a red line for Russian .... yet they kept pushing. Putin warned and warned again ...... you don't poke the bear. If the Minsk Agreement was observed by Nato, then it may be a different outcome today than the sh1tfight we have now.

The foolish and manipulating leaders in the West should take a leaf from Sun Tze .... keep your friends close and your "enemies" (once our greatest allies!) closer.

So have some sympathy for the Russian's stuck here. They are just caught up in something they cannot control and certainly most I meet are good solid people (as are Ukrainians). It is is mess of epic proportion .... caused by politicians.

History, truth and logic will not go down well here

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, tonypattaya said:

Can you book a ticket for me too!

I will be driving down to Phuket from BKK in a few weeks. We are going to make a nice two week trip out of it while stopping along the way and visiting many places, sure it's the rainy season starting but then any road trip is worth it....