No Government strategy again to ensure effective boostering?

Dasekel

After the Government was far behind with managing the first 2 shots for Thais and Foreigners in 2021, it seems that they again have no clear strategy to ensure that all get boostered. I have not seen any information where in Pattaya (free) boosters are available for Foreigners. When I called BPH they informed me that they just had finished a round of boostering. Although they gave me the first 2 shots and I am using BPH for more than 10 years, they could not be bothered to inform me about the availability of booster shots, but happily offered to sell me Moderna. Has anybody information when and where in Pattaya boosters might be available again?

Edited by Dasekel
spelling mistake

Sadly I don't but I have been to my local hospital twice to enquire about booster shots and each time I have been told. No have.

There is no proactive strategy it appears to me despite what Anutin claims about his 'best in the world' health policy for covid, silly Muppet.

• Haha 1

Seems booster shots availability depends on each province.

My staff who had Sinofarm shots last year just being arrange to had booster recently.

They were not from Bangkok but nearby provinces.

Btw, is there any law stated that Thai government must responsible for booster shots of foreigners in Thailand???

Many hospitals offering Moderna at 1650 baht which can take it as booster.

If really so eager to get booster, why don't pay for it???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

I got my booster yesterday at a walk-in vaccination center at the provincial hospital in the changwat where I live.

The vast majority of vaccinations are administered through the Thai public health services.

I suggest you inquire at your local health authority before wandering into random private hospitals looking for a service they are not providing.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, tonray said:

Booster shots and scheduling (Via mobile phone provider sites) readily available in Bangkok. Perhaps you should contact local Pattaya officials and ask why they are behind.

Booster are not available at least outside of Bangkok if you were given 2 shots of PFizer,  at BPH,  you can get a booster of Moderna based on their schedule if given Pfizer 6 month from second shot 1650 baht. 

Pfizer is being offered as booster to those who were given the Sino or AZ,  I was given a comment by someone who said they they got 2 Pfizer here then got a Pfizer booster up north in a provincial hospital but didn't name if correct that is rare. 

Edited by thailand49

7 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Booster are not available at least outside of Bangkok if you were given 2 shots of PFizer,  at BPH,  you can get a booster of Moderna based on their schedule if given Pfizer 6 month from second shot 1650 baht. 

Pfizer is being offered as booster to those who were given the Sino or AZ,  I was given a comment by someone who said they they got 2 Pfizer here then got a Pfizer booster up north in a provincial hospital but didn't name if correct that is rare. 

I got two Pfizer at Medpark and a Pfizer booster at our provincial hospital 

• Like 1

The government has a responsibility to respond to emergencies, but endemic Covid is no longer an emergency. As long as the shots are available through regular health care providers, like flu shots, it is probably better for the government not to be involved.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I got two Pfizer at Medpark and a Pfizer booster at our provincial hospital 

I think you were the one who message me before you got the Pfizer booster up north as you noted at a provincial maybe you got lucky but you might be a exception I too got two shots at Medpark I contacted them here in Pattaya BPH number of other location and all turn down Pfizer booster only for those who have gotten Sino or AZ other than you I've not heard. 

Choosing Anutin as health minister, was very obviously one of the largest blunders this administration has ever made. The man could not fight his way out of a paper bag, much less run a nationwide vaccination program. Think of the original program, and all the missteps that were made. And now they expect him to coordinate a booster program? It might happen, but it will likely be haphazard, and slow. And will they be wise enough to secure the top vaccines for this?

fhvax280721.jpg

8FqVDONCFQnCV7gMLdFc 2.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

I just returned home from getting my third dose of Pfizer - my booster- at the closest government hospital to my house.  I simply walked in at 8 AM, showed them my passport and a photo of my vaccination certificate for my first two doses, the second of which was exactly six months ago to the day.  All three doses were free and I was treated politely and professionally each time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Just had a Pfizer booster at my local hospital. Walked up to reception, showed my vaccination cert proving six months from second Pfizer jab and was injected 5 minutes later. Excellent service.

There are special programs for foreigners, largely based on donations from generous nations. Most Thais do not have that same access, to the good vaccines, unless they are willing to pay, and even then?

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There are special programs for foreigners, largely based on donations from generous nations. Most Thais do not have that same access, to the good vaccines, unless they are willing to pay, and even then?

My wife and sister in law  had a Pfizer booster at the same hospital two weeks ago. My son had a Pfizer booster in Bangkok a couple of months ago. What are you on about?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Everyone was getting Pfizer yesterday, I was the only none Thai in the queue.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dasekel said:

After the Government was far behind with managing the first 2 shots for Thais and Foreigners in 2021, it seems that they again have no clear strategy to ensure that all get boostered. I have not seen any information where in Pattaya (free) boosters are available for Foreigners

Banglamung Hospital has been providing booster shots since November 2021. First at the Chaiyapruek sports stadium, then at Banglamung Hospital in Naklue, and lately at Wat Jittaphawan.

https://goo.gl/maps/7pxpkPdLGc7btoWV9

For detail info please follow โรงพยาบาลบางละมุง on Facebook.

Screenshot 2022-03-10 121948.jpg

Edited by Thailand J

They release Pfizer in batches of 500 on facebook  normally announced on Pattaya News but by the time you can react they are fully booked. For example this week they released 500 on Monday announced by Pattaya News on Tuesday and already fully booked. I suspect hospital staff get prior warning and their 'friends and family' book all available slots probably before even announced and may be  doing a roaring trade selling on the slots as has alledgidly happened before.

I and my wife have booked Moderna slots for this Monday as I have dispaired of beating these keyboard jockeys

15 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

Banglamung Hospital has been providing booster shots since November 2021. First at the Chaiyapruek sports stadium, then at Banglamung Hospital in Naklue, and lately at Wat Jittaphawan.

https://goo.gl/maps/7pxpkPdLGc7btoWV9

For detail info please follow โรงพยาบาลบางละมุง on Facebook.

Screenshot 2022-03-10 121948.jpg

Problem with this is that you are expected to queue with hundreds of others including Thais and Foreigners for a v long time and as I have mobility problems and can't stand in the sun I can't do this. Hence paying for Moderna.

• Like 2

I contacted Medpark (Bangkok) where I got my 2 Pfizer shots last year.

Polite email reply confirming that my FREE Pfizer Booster shot would be available (under the government program ) after 14th March (6 months ) with a link to book a day and time.

No walk~ins permitted. 

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Was it free? 

Yes, for all of us. You are about four months behind Anutin. Thailand probably has more doses of "the good vaccine" than willing arms to inject them in at the moment. Also, after their extremely poor start, they have now overtaken several western countries on % of population vaccinated.

10 hours ago, Calvin1976 said:

My staff who had Sinofarm shots last year just being arrange to had booster recently.

Btw, is there any law stated that Thai government must responsible for booster shots of foreigners in Thailand???

If you really really want a booster, then go purchase one from any of the private hospitals.  At this point I don't believe that it's the Thai government's role to supply foreigners Covid vaccinations for free any more than any other health care.
Shot's are not mandated so it's a personal choice.

On 3/9/2022 at 12:54 PM, Dasekel said:

I have not seen any information where in Pattaya (free) boosters are available for Foreigners.

As well as the Banglamung Hospital ones mentioned above (I got mine at the sports stadium in December last year) there has also been sessions at Central Festival and Royal Garden Plaza, although I'm not sure which hospital administered these.  I believe the Royal Garden Plaza one is still going, although perhaps at a lower frequency than initially.

14 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Problem with this is that you are expected to queue with hundreds of others including Thais and Foreigners for a v long time and as I have mobility problems and can't stand in the sun I can't do this. Hence paying for Moderna.

Those in wheel chairs and with mobility problems were given priority service at the stadium, it's the same organizer I assume the same at the wat. You didn't go there so you'll never know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, connda said:

If you really really want a booster, then go purchase one from any of the private hospitals.  At this point I don't believe that it's the Thai government's role to supply foreigners Covid vaccinations for free any more than any other health care.

WELL SAID. Nothing else is free for farangs in Thailand, so why do some expect boosters to be free?

Up to the individual to make it happen in LOS, as it's not a nanny state country.

11 hours ago, connda said:

I never expect someone must responsible for my booster dose in Thailand. ????

Never thought anyone owe me anything even thought paying tax and spending money in Thailand too. ????

Btw, just purchased Moderna from Medpark hospital yesterday as my booster shot for next week.

Seems like people with 2 x Pfizer now can get booster after 3 months from 2nd shot.

Replied from Medpark Hospital:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from MedPark Hospital!

Regarding your inquiry, for those who received 2 doses of Pfizer should wait for at least 3 – 6 months in order to get Moderna as a booster shot.

Since your 2nd dose of Pfizer was on 7th November 2022, you will be able to get a Moderna as a booster from 8th February 2022 onwards."

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 8:49 AM, Calvin1976 said:

"If really so eager to get booster, why don't pay for it???"

Is that your answer? The point is about not having a strategy to roll out boosters. They even asked a few days all "elderly" to be boostered before Songkran. Every person who get infected with Covid-19 can infect others and thus help spreading the disease. This applies to everybody, including foreigners. I still have found no information about any boosters to be provided in Pattaya, including for Thais (such as my wife).

On 3/10/2022 at 10:53 AM, alanrchase said:

Just had a Pfizer booster at my local hospital. Walked up to reception, showed my vaccination cert proving six months from second Pfizer jab and was injected 5 minutes later. Excellent service.

Where was that?

On 3/10/2022 at 9:05 AM, thailand49 said:

Booster are not available at least outside of Bangkok if you were given 2 shots of PFizer

I received both my Pfizer shots in Udon and last week received my booster in Udon, all free as did many many others, locals and foreigners, no discrimination. Think people are making up stories here out of ignorance of the facts.