How Old does one need to be before: One begins Experiencing Hot Flashes?

Although I am NOT a Girl, yet, I think this year is going to be HOT like a Cat on a Tin Roof.  And, I believe I will experience Hot Flashes for the first time in my life.

My Dear Friends,

I do not wish to write to much here, especially concerning such a sensitive topic.

However, things just keep getting hotter and hotter.

I used to Like it Hot, but not now, the older I become.

As you know, the more we age, then the more difficult it become to offload heat through sweating and heavy breathing.

Fortunately for me, I am using about 36000 BTU of cooling power in a relatively small area of my abode.  When the outside temp goes up to 38, I can easily cool down my room to lower than 22 degrees C.

When the temps get this cold, I feel frigid, and no longer experience Hot Flashes.

I was never frigid in my youth, of course.

My advice for you older men, especially those who need to keep cool, is to invest in an AC system which will allow you to drop the temp down, compared from the outside temp, by at least 18 degrees C.  This decrease in temperature is no paltry amount, as you know.

Hot flashes, when you get to be my age is no fun.

And, also, if one wishes to work successfully, as one ages, then one needs to factor in climate control.

I love my ACs.

ACs are so much more valuable than a GF, in my opinion.

I am sure that this must also be true for you.

Best regards,

Glob

Please Note:  If I had my wish, I would invest in some heavy duty industrial cooling equipment, and convert one of the rooms in my house into some sort of skating rink.  I am sure that doing so would also be attractive to some women in Thailand.  Some might flock to my home, just to enjoy the exotic temps which I would dial down to minus 70 degrees C, similar to temps we sometimes get up north during the winters in upper latitudes. 

Note2:  Love that film, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, as well as the play.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yes, agree with Sparktrader.

Also Hot flushes and heavy sweating can definitely be a sign of a heart problem. Have you had one or more hear attacks previously. Could you have had a silent one. Seriously get a medical check up before ....

• Haha 1

Hot flashes affecting your head is one thing. Experiencing hot flashes somewhere in your underwear is another thing. But generally speaking, hot flashes below your belt might be considered as a positive occurrance.

• Haha 1

Always thought it was hot "flushes" not flashes.

Whatever, I do know the temps are starting to climb and it aint nice. 37 deg here today !

I seem to spend most of my time going from one A/c to another. From home into Car into the store etc, rarely outside apart from swimming and there the water was markedly warmer than previously.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Drink water

I drink plenty of water.  Also, I watch good films.

Still, after staying inside my house, while keeping my temps here around 22 degrees C, now I am no longer acclimated to very hot weather, as I once might have been, when I first arrived in Thailand.

I am eating and drinking OK.

Thank you!

Just now, CharlieH said:

Always thought it was hot "flushes" not flashes.

Whate er, I do know the temps are starting to climb and it aint nice. 37 deg here today !

I seem to spend most of my time going from one A/c to another. From home into Csr intk the dtore etc, rarely outside apart from swimming and there the water was markedly warmer than previously.

It could be hot flushes, for some.

However, I am speaking of my Male Menopause, and so it is Hot Flashes.

Take care, Dear Charlie!

Always enjoy your input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hot-flashes/symptoms-causes/syc-20352790#:~:text=Although other medical conditions can,treatments for bothersome hot flashes.

28 minutes ago, PFMills said:

Yes, agree with Sparktrader.

Also Hot flushes and heavy sweating can definitely be a sign of a heart problem. Have you had one or more hear attacks previously. Could you have had a silent one. Seriously get a medical check up before ....

I have no physical heart problem.

And, ever since I elected to give up dating women, I also have not pain due to lost love.

Love is Pain, for sure.

Yet, for over a decade, I have not experienced even an iota of pain due to this.

=======

I am only saying that I cannot stand the heat, anymore, after living inside my house, with the AC cranked up to max, for many months.

What I am saying is that I need to re-acclimate, maybe, by opening my windows, and just letting the noise and pollen come in, as usual.

Also, no matter what one might say, I can tell you that....if one chooses to increase one's AC cooling capacity, by DOUBLE what most AC technicians recommend, then you will feel COOL and comfortable.  And, you will reach bliss and nirvana while the AC is running.

However, once you venture outside, then you will suffer a shock when the heat hits you.

The best way to avoid this is to exercise during the hottest hours of the day, which I actually do.

As you know, from my past posts, I never wear a hat in the Noon-Day Sun, either.

I LOVE my ACs!!!!

Best investment you might make while living in Thailand, IMHO.

Take care.

Glob!

As everybody knows, one of the most important marketing strategies of 7_Eleven is to maintain their store temperatures at extremely low temps.

And so, every time a customer enters the store, then the customer is hit with very cold and inviting air.

Therefore, in order to keep myself out of the Seven stores, and avoid buying junk food, it is better for me to keep my home environment at an EVEN LOWER temperature than the ambient temps inside the Seven stores.

This is how I save money on junk food.

What about you?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

In my eyes, the Thai climate is only bearable by the sea. 

I lived for a while in Chiang Mai and Nakhon Sawan, but the heat from March to September chased me away and I will never go back there.

Did you ever try living underground?

Underground, if one goes deep enough, then the temps might be somewhere around 53 degrees F, or 11 degrees C.

All homes should have an underground room, in my opinion, just so that one can escape the heat, and, most importantly, the noise of the many roosters in one's area, as well as the blasting of bad music, something which is otherwise almost impossible to escape.

Build a deep underground bunker, is your best option, if you wish to live peacefully in SE Asia.

OK.

Please let me explain myself.

Sometimes, when the roosters begin calling at odd hours throughout the day, and when the music festivals begin pounding out bass, enough bass to shake my house, and when the sun heats me up to almost my melting point, and when this becomes just about too much for me.....I begin dreaming of going underground.  Am I the only one who has this dream?

If I had enough money, then I would build a very small house with a very deep multi-level cellar, a cellar which would descend down into the earth, about 60 meters.

And then, anytime we had a music festival in my neighborhood, then I would just retreat down there, and continue to enjoy my Peace on Earth, or below earth.

But, what about lighting?

Would I wish to live in the dark, way down there, underground?

No, I would not.

There is plenty of technology which would allow me to live below the surface of Thailand, noise free, and still be able to enjoy the sunlight of this wonderful place, as well as enjoy views to outside, even while living underground during times when roosters crow, or when music festivals here disturb the peace of the sane members of our society.

For example, here is just one way to pipe in sunlight from above, while hiding from the noise aboveground:

solatube.jpg.77719994fd9819138bc116938be9b6a5.jpg

2-coudamy-underhouse-wow-webmagazine.jpg.7b19f56ae88ae89c0ca261fe7f536c12.jpg

In addition, living belowground, during a nearby music festival upheaval, or a rooster crowing contest, or when your neighbor is just using a weed whacker, is the only way to go, if one seeks peace and quiet.

All you need is money.

If you have enough money, then, almost anyone can live a life of peace and quietude.

Don't let noise cause you so much stress, if you can avoid it.

You will be happier living a much more peaceful existence, even if you must retreat belowground, when necessary, 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Up here in CNX is hotter than the hinges of hades....

Hotter than a pot of neckbones

Hotter than a stolen tamale

Im sweating like ladyboy in the female rest rooms

You mean that the heat you are feeling is a sticky heat/

Anyway, as I mentioned above, I have 36,000 BTU of AC power going FULL BLAST, and, my room temp is down around 20 degrees C.

Maybe.....

Drink more water?

Take care, Man!

As this month of March marches on, the weather can only become hotter.

Take care!

• Thanks 1

For those who may not have, nor choose to use, an AC during the hottest months of the Hot Season here, there is still relief if you just might focus on an image of Neptune.

Neptune is one of our coldest planets, and Neptune is also blue. We normally associate coldness with the color blue.

Therefore, if you might not have an AC during the Hot Season, you will still be able to avoid heat stress, maybe, if you just focus on this image of Neptune:

90_feature_1600x900_4.jpg.9df786d923719086d2f36fee6069c65e.jpg

Neptune is not a hot planet.

The mean temperature of Neptune is a welcome minus 200 degrees C.

Not too hot.

Not too cold.

Maybe just the best Goldilocks Temperature, for Thailand's hot season.

Such an amazing planet.

Maybe, someday, we will all be able to visit Neptune.

Also, guys, during this impending Hot Season of Thailand, all that I have to say is this:

Beginning about four hours ago, I set my AC thermostat at 16 degrees C.

And now, the temperature in my rooms is about 19.5 degrees C.

So, what do you think?

Is 20 degrees C, somehow, too cold for Thailand's Hot Season?

I think not.

Also, is 20 degrees C considered to be some sort of EXOTIC temperature for one's living space in Thailand?

During the Cold Season, I became inured to being far too cold for my taste.

And then, gradually, I began to enjoy being cold.

And now, I refuse to return to being too hot.

Therefore, I believe, the best way forward for me is to just set the AC thermostat to 16, and hope for the best.

Some like it hot.

Some like it cold.

Have you ever been to Harvard?

Harvard guys like it hot.

When I say that I might be experiencing a Hot Flash, I do not mean that I might have a Slight Flush.

On 3/13/2022 at 9:49 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

I have no physical heart problem.

And, ever since I elected to give up dating women, I also have not pain due to lost love.

Love is Pain, for sure.

Yet, for over a decade, I have not experienced even an iota of pain due to this.

=======

I am only saying that I cannot stand the heat, anymore, after living inside my house, with the AC cranked up to max, for many months.

What I am saying is that I need to re-acclimate, maybe, by opening my windows, and just letting the noise and pollen come in, as usual.

Also, no matter what one might say, I can tell you that....if one chooses to increase one's AC cooling capacity, by DOUBLE what most AC technicians recommend, then you will feel COOL and comfortable.  And, you will reach bliss and nirvana while the AC is running.

However, once you venture outside, then you will suffer a shock when the heat hits you.

The best way to avoid this is to exercise during the hottest hours of the day, which I actually do.

As you know, from my past posts, I never wear a hat in the Noon-Day Sun, either.

I LOVE my ACs!!!!

Best investment you might make while living in Thailand, IMHO.

Take care.

Glob!

Interesting your opinion, I do not have a heart problem, How do you know.

Now from experience. The day after I had a stent fitted, for me the Thailand climate changed. I no longer found it hot and only sweated during exercise. Mate you may need to worry.

On 3/14/2022 at 12:48 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

For those who may not have, nor choose to use, an AC during the hottest months of the Hot Season here, there is still relief if you just might focus on an image of Neptune.

Neptune is one of our coldest planets, and Neptune is also blue. We normally associate coldness with the color blue.

Therefore, if you might not have an AC during the Hot Season, you will still be able to avoid heat stress, maybe, if you just focus on this image of Neptune:

90_feature_1600x900_4.jpg.9df786d923719086d2f36fee6069c65e.jpg

Neptune is not a hot planet.

The mean temperature of Neptune is a welcome minus 200 degrees C.

Not too hot.

Not too cold.

Maybe just the best Goldilocks Temperature, for Thailand's hot season.

Such an amazing planet.

Maybe, someday, we will all be able to visit Neptune.

And Uranus?

On 3/13/2022 at 9:40 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

I drink plenty of water.  Also, I watch good films.

Still, after staying inside my house, while keeping my temps here around 22 degrees C, now I am no longer acclimated to very hot weather, as I once might have been, when I first arrived in Thailand.

I am eating and drinking OK.

Thank you!

Try staying off asean now.

For a short while anyway. 

On 3/13/2022 at 9:17 PM, swissie said:

Hot flashes affecting your head is one thing. Experiencing hot flashes somewhere in your underwear is another thing. But generally speaking, hot flashes below your belt might be considered as a positive occurrance.

I had one this morning and it was a big one? Should I worry?

On 3/13/2022 at 10:21 PM, Victornoir said:

I lived for a while in Chiang Mai and Nakhon Sawan, but the heat from March to September chased me away and I will never go back there.

March in Chiang Mai ......... we've had 2 days that were a bit hot so far this month.

Currently (12:05pm) sitting happily in my living room with the doors and windows open, don't even need a fan.

On 3/14/2022 at 6:16 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Also, guys, during this impending Hot Season of Thailand, all that I have to say is this:

Beginning about four hours ago, I set my AC thermostat at 16 degrees C.

And now, the temperature in my rooms is about 19.5 degrees C.

So, what do you think?

Is 20 degrees C, somehow, too cold for Thailand's Hot Season?

I think not.

Also, is 20 degrees C considered to be some sort of EXOTIC temperature for one's living space in Thailand?

During the Cold Season, I became inured to being far too cold for my taste.

And then, gradually, I began to enjoy being cold.

And now, I refuse to return to being too hot.

Therefore, I believe, the best way forward for me is to just set the AC thermostat to 16, and hope for the best.

Some like it hot.

Some like it cold.

Have you ever been to Harvard?

Harvard guys like it hot.

When I say that I might be experiencing a Hot Flash, I do not mean that I might have a Slight Flush.

I think you need to change your medication your doctor or both. I mean seriously, how can you say.........

"My Dear Friends,

I do not wish to write to much here, especially concerning such a sensitive topic.".........

And then proceed into a rambling 5-6 day rant on the subject.      

On 3/15/2022 at 8:52 PM, PFMills said:

Interesting your opinion, I do not have a heart problem, How do you know.

Now from experience. The day after I had a stent fitted, for me the Thailand climate changed. I no longer found it hot and only sweated during exercise. Mate you may need to worry.

Maybe we should all get stents?