Bangkok’s Bumrungrad Hospital ranked country’s best in global survey

webfact

1 minute ago, ChrisY1 said:

Exactly, what flaws are you talking about? I'm 75 and find the level of medical care here excellent....far improved over the system in Australia.

I am glad you have had such positive experiences..... but I assure you there are many complaints too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thunglom said:

What are the criteria and according to who?

Legends in their own lunchbox with access to media via a relation would be my guess.

My own experience is they are sharks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

Exactly, what flaws are you talking about? I'm 75 and find the level of medical care here excellent....far improved over the system in Australia.

At what out of pocket cost to you?

If you want to pay through the nose Bumrungrad Hospital is the place to go.

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

The private hospitals, yes, and feels better than the Norwegian government hospitals as well, but compared to the private ones, nope.

46 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

At what out of pocket cost to you?

If you want to pay through the nose Bumrungrad Hospital is the place to go.

You get what you pay for, had some excellent surgery on some long term sports injuries enabling me me to stay very active.

I would imagine most on here with negative comments are more down to jealousy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sungod said:

I would imagine most on here with negative comments are more down to jealousy.

Wrong. Was that a guess?

I attend Samitivej Hospital soi 49 for all my medical needs in Thailand, it's also a private hospital, and provides an excellent service at a lot lower cost than Bumrungrad Hospital.

Personal choice

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

Wrong. Was that a guess?

I attend Samitivej Hospital soi 49 for all my medical needs in Thailand, it's also a private hospital, and provides an excellent service at a lot lower cost than Bumrungrad Hospital.

Personal choice

I have a personal choice too, found better surgeons for my injuries at Bumrungrad. Samitivej itself is pretty dated and cheaper for a reason, so no, not wrong.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hummin said:

What I can say about Bangkok Hospitals, is the warm welcomed treatment, where they have the resources to take care care of you, and no waiting time, also always one who are appointed to take care of you, that service you do not get in Norway or many other high cost countries.

The medical quality, is impossible to judge, and can be pinned down to the Dr or crew you are lucky or unlucky to be treated by.

Bangkok Hospital is excellent also. Agreed, a lot depends on where the doctor works. Bumrungrad and Bangkok are the top 2 for sure.

• Like 1

Spent a lot at Bumrungrad (including for gf who had endometriosis), only one bad experience. In Emergency for a cut hand doc asked what meds I was taking, I mentioned one I take daily, he said what's the plan? are you going to take it daily forever? So I stopped for a while and the condition came back and then I resumed. My doc in California said he's seen people take that med every day for 11 years with no side effects. Everything else has been fantastic, including the time they helped me with my visa when I was too sick to go renew or leave. But for something very simple I might go somewhere cheaper.