Government Advises Thais to Enjoy Songkran Without “Water Blessing” Ceremony

snoop1130

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Keep up the fear. After all, we wouldn't want the people to have too much fun. 

What will this oppressive regime do when Covid is finally gone, as it likely will be soon? 

Yeah, water like beer is quite dangerous. 

This could be another dry year this year, sometime your prayers are answered.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Ministry of Public Health is advising the public not to participate in the Songkran holiday’s "water blessing" ceremony, claiming that pouring water on other people’s hands, particularly elderly relatives, increases their risk of contracting COVID-19.

And the usual water fights?

The beauty of Thailand is it is never short of some ' expert ' in government prepared to come forward and make an ass of themselves spouting the obvious or giving their spin on the Coronavirus even though they possess no medical qualifications to do so.

• Like 2

Well it's only advice. It's not like they're banning it.

Personally I think it's probably good advice (for once). Someone with Covid coughing all over their hands, sneezing, wiping their runny nose with their hands etc. before reaching into a bucket of water and then throwing that water over someone probably isn't the best idea, especially in the villages where vaccination rates are lower or they've been jabbed with Sino khrap. 

As long as they allow inter provincial travel and keep all the restaurants open then I'll be happy.  

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

claiming that pouring water on other people’s hands, particularly elderly relatives, increases their risk of contracting COVID-19.

Well I never!! 

I thought the rinsing and washing of hands was a public health requirement to help prevent the spread of Covid-19!!

• Thanks 1