Thai Public Health Ministry backtracks on its proposal to remove mandatory facial masks, says was a misunderstanding

webfact

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Want to wear a pointless mask? Wear it.....

Dont want to wear a mask? Dont wear one.......

No one really cares anymore.........You don't need to be given the ok from anyone, to wear one or not..

Still banging on eh! 

Thailand, if you have a rule requiring masks to be worn, go out and prosecute the scofflaw, disrespectful tourists and foreigners, who refuse. They can 'not wear their pointless masks' back in their own countries. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 11
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, ehs818 said:

I've stopped trying to reason with them thru conversation. You can't cure stupid and they get so defensive and aggressive that I'd rather not engage with willfully ignorant and inconsiderate people.

For some, that also applies to how they feel about the obsessive outdoor maskers ... although I'll grant you one can't say it's "inconsiderate" to wear a mask outdoors. Except when it's parents forcing their infant children to do it. 

• Like 1

Is this truly a backtrack or did the media in their infinite wisdom and seeking of sensationalist stories rush to print something which may or may not have been out of context.  Until I see the media being charged with defamation for the story or writing a corrected retraction piece I will continue to think that the minister who said this misspoke as he did not truly know the issues, just like Anutin saying it is not a law or regulation to wear them, yet it was placed as a law/regulation in the Royal Gazette.

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Want to wear a pointless mask? Wear it.....

Dont want to wear a mask? Dont wear one.......

No one really cares anymore.........You don't need to be given the ok from anyone, to wear one or not..

While back Anutin said no legal requirement for mask. So, yeah!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Two totally self-contradictory posts made within 5 minutes of each other.

Not really, up to authorized authorities to do that job, not some nosey interfering tourist,

• Like 2
  • Sad 6