How easy is it to fall in love, real love, over 50?

Grecian

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

A mutual relationship is give and take, where both have something to offer. 

Be it intulectual, or more basic needs as protection, food, wealth or mutual feelings and chemistry in combination with what said. 

Why are you trying to explain to me about mutual relationships? Of course I refer to mutual in my eyes...why means that I won't be paying for sex.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Why are you trying to explain to me about mutual relationships? Of course I refer to mutual in my eyes...why means that I won't be paying for sex.

You sounded a bit it is my way or hit the highway.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, like In said, in anyone's life, that's an unusual occurrence.  

I've met a lot of women,  I've shtupped a few, but wanting to share a life with them is down to less the fingers on one hand.

I (probably) won't be paying for sex either. Because they're not into me. That can't be bought. If it could, I would.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

want love?  get a pet or have a kid.

LOL.

No guarantees a kid will love you and anyway they don't stay kids, and they cost far too  much.

A dog is always a dog.

Want love, get a dog. Cats don't love us, goldfish can't, parrots are not cuddly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

Only in your head. I was writing about not paying for sex..... Any woman who expects a man to pay for it, is a ........

Auch, I wish you good recovery from what ever bite you. 

You still sound a bit on the edge

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If you're ugly or smell bad, the Thai babes can clock watch with the best of their western sisters.

I thought that we were ugly and smelled bad was basically the Thai default impression of us.

Not into me? A downer.

Think I smell bad? No, I'm not coming back from that one.

Edited by LaosLover

On 3/23/2022 at 6:52 PM, LaosLover said:

But if they're not offering up sex or comfort in late age, they're going to find themselves in stiff competition with a winsome cocker spaniel for my interest.

.....And we've come full circle from page 1.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

You did not have to return. There were also one way options and possibilities to extend. That set me off looking for flight bargains ever since. ???? 

Yeah, on average, you are right.

But for the super-deals like London for $49, it was usually fly out late Friday, back early on Monday with the courier envelopes.

Everyone wanted the weekend run to Tokyo for $99, even though it meant a scant 48 hours on the ground. I never got it. Eventually, Tokyo airport started levying the passenger tax on the couriers (about $350 if you left the airport) and then that was that.

I also did a bunch of US Cities that were postal hubs like Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, for $20-50 over a weekend. Nobody wanted to go to Houston, even for free. Salt Lake City was a one and done.

Late 90's was when the whole Lonely Planet-istic hostel trend was taking off, so I could have a (admittedly not that great) weekend in Seattle for $150. 2 for 1 drinks at a dive always near the hostel, hopefully with German women with daddy issues. I was late 40's and blissfully unaware that I had aged out of the party.

Sometimes, there would be a big show in town and I'd wait till the show started and try to beat down the scalpers for a cheap ticket. One time, I saw AC/DC for $20. 

Edited by LaosLover
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2022 at 7:33 PM, Bruno123 said:

Back when? My first flight to the region cost me £150 inclusive, for a 15 day duration. Another £70 if I wanted to extend it a week. BA Courier flight. There were always bargains for those who sought them out.

LOL, LOL, LOL.

Doesn't matter what the cost in pounds or dollars was when the wages were soooooo  much lower in real terms than now.

Flight to Australia was NZ $300 at one stage but was unaffordable for me. Flying to Thailand ( and no visa exempt entry then ) paying for an hotel, and then paying for rumpty was not even a wet dream.

My first job was as a farm hand at 8 quid, 10 shillings a week ( 4 quid of that for board ) - how far would that have paid for on a 707?

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

If you're ugly or smell bad, the Thai babes can clock watch with the best of their western sisters.

GFE = Good at Faking Everything.

Real GFE = Real Good at Faking Everything.

Far as I know I didn't, but I guess that would be another reason to go L T, rather than S T. While in the west a long time was something only the rich could afford, I never saw the point in LOS.

• Thanks 1

ThaiBeach, if it was $800 in 1985 to fly RT from NYC and it's $1,200 the next go-round in '22, then the cost of flying hasn't really gone up that much.

Also, you have the option of flying on a safety-challenged Chinese airline to save $200. Or a mid-eastern money loser that drops you in Koran-nowhere for 8 hours, hoping you'll buy a little duty free during the layover.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL, LOL, LOL.

Doesn't matter what the cost in pounds or dollars was when the wages were soooooo  much lower in real terms than now.

Flight to Australia was NZ $300 at one stage but was unaffordable for me. Flying to Thailand ( and no visa exempt entry then ) paying for an hotel, and then paying for rumpty was not even a wet dream.

My first job was as a farm hand at 8 quid, 10 shillings a week ( 4 quid of that for board ) - how far would that have paid for on a 707?

It meant that I could take a trip to a place to which perhaps I would not normally travel. In fact the flight was to Singapore. I had clothes for a few days and a roll of cash. 'twas weird, interesting and wonderful.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

ThaiBeach, if it was $800 in 1985 to fly RT from NYC and it's $1,200 the next go-round in '22, then the cost of flying hasn't really gone up that much.

Also, you have the option of flying on a safety-challenged Chinese airline to save $200. Or a mid-eastern money loser that drops you in Koran-nowhere for 8 hours, hoping you'll buy a little duty free during the layover.

It's irrelevant how much a flight costs if one doesn't earn enough to buy a ticket. Wages in NZ are so low and the cost of living so high that I had to work overseas to have a life. That's why so many Kiwis are heading to Australia and beyond.

I didn't earn enough till i was over 40 to even consider an overseas holiday and I wasn't working in NZ at that time.

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's irrelevant how much a flight costs if one doesn't earn enough to buy a ticket. Wages in NZ are so low and the cost of living so high that I had to work overseas to have a life. That's why so many Kiwis are heading to Australia and beyond.

I didn't earn enough till i was over 40 to even consider an overseas holiday and I wasn't working in NZ at that time.

Also the cost of flights from NZ would have been a hindrance. Not much competition, so likely high prices.

I was fortunate enough to find November/December flights from the UK to NZ with Thai Airways for £400 return a few years back. Possibly a mistake, but they honoured them anyway.

There were some Chinese airlines offering cheapish flights, but with horrendous stopovers and unattractive seating options.

Though it was an amazing visit. Wasn't too keen on the weather, where you could be burned by the sun, but attacked by a freezing wind at the same time...and what's with the McCain's chips in the fish and chip shops? Unacceptable! ???? 

But none of this has anything to do with falling in love over 50. ???? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, billd766 said:

People own dogs.

Cats own people.

No I think the more accurate statement is;

Dogs have owners

Cats have staff

Certainly true of our three murderous felines!

I'm sure at least one would murder me in my sleep if I failed to provide breakfast at the ordained time!

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Haha 2

On 4/1/2022 at 5:34 PM, LaosLover said:

BA Courier flight.

Anyone else take a courier flight back in the 90's? Never a super-deal from New York, but I did BKK roundtrip for $399. Did London for $49 RT once. Lima, Peru, $199. The problem was that you had to come back when they said so. So that London $49 was just for 3 nights.

Women are stuck unhappily in the same web of delusion as men. Both men and women seek to profit individually from gender norm dysfunction when what they should be doing is running away from it.

I remember cheap courier flights from New York to Hong Kong and to Mexico City in the eighties.  Great way to travel light; you could only take a carry-on.

Your last sentence above reads like it might be interesting, but I don't understand it.  Explain?

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

No I think the more accurate statement is;

Dogs have owners

Cats have staff

Certainly true of our three murderous felines!

I'm sure at least one would murder me in my sleep if I failed to provide breakfast at the ordained time!

Fortunately for me they were all "outside" cats and not allowed indoors at all.

Years ago one or two decided that we were an easy touch and moved in. There have been a few generations of kittens and some of the cats moved on, some were attacked by dogs and lost and the last one finally left us last year.

I had got rid of the last of the dogs before the cats arrived and now we have no animals at all.