Thai Meteorological Department reports thundershowers and isolated heavy rains in Thailand for the next 7 days

snoop1130

DfN2PjsUEAAmd-L.jpg

Thundershowers and isolated heavy rains are expected in most parts of Thailand from March 22nd to the 28th, the Thai Meteorological Department reported today, March 23rd.

According to its announcement, the southerly and the southeasterly winds will strengthen and bring moisture from the South China Sea and the Gulf to the lower North, the lower Northeast, the East, and the Central parts of Thailand. This results in thundershowers with gusty winds and isolated heavy rain in the upper country from March 22nd to the 24th.

During March 25th and the 26th, the southerly and the southeasterly winds will weaken with less rain and isolated thundershowers over upper Thailand. After that, another high-pressure front from China will extend to the upper North, the Northeast, and the South China Sea while hot weather occurs. Thunderstorms and gusty winds are likely in the upper country.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

In Southern Thailand, the easterly and the southeasterly winds prevail across the Gulf and the South will strengthen, causing more rain with isolated heavy rain on the 22nd, the 23rd, and the 28th. The strengthening wind and waves about 2 meters high are likely in the upper Andaman Sea, above 2 meters high in thundershowers and 1-2 meters high in the lower Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand, about 2 meters high in thundershowers.

Cyclonic storms over the north Andaman Sea will make landfall on the Myanmar coast on March 22nd, resulting in more rain and isolated heavy to very heavy rains in the North, western part of the Central and the South of Thailand.

In northern Thailand, scattered thundershowers with gusty winds and isolated heavy rain are forecast during the 22nd and the 23rd while isolated thundershowers are expected from the 24th to the 28th. The temperature will be hot during the day with a minimum temperature of 21°C and a maximum temperature of 39°C.

In northeastern Thailand, the overall temperature will be hot during the day. Scattered thunderstorms with gusty winds are expected from the 22nd to the 24th and from the 27th to the 28th and isolated thundershowers are forecast on the 25th and the 26th. The minimum temperature is at 20°C and the maximum temperature is at 36°C.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/23/thai-meteorological-department-reports-thundershowers-and-isolated-heavy-rains-in-thailand-for-the-next-7-days/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-23

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

6 minutes ago, NE1 said:

and this time of year gasp , shock .

Doesn't this happen every year towards the end of March , the hottest part of the year.

Only when the government decides that the rainy season has started ????

• Haha 2

The super duper app on my super duper phone has forecast rain almost every day during the past week or so in Chiang Mai and we have had only one downpour,at least in our area. 

Hope they are right that more is on the way.

Quite possible as my super duper app on my super duper phone shows sunshine for the next 10 days!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thundershowers and isolated heavy rains are expected in most parts of Thailand from March 22nd to the 28th, the Thai Meteorological Department reported today, March 23rd.

And reported on Asean Now on March 24th. Maybe the only place in the world where the forecast is given after instead of before the relevant date. Clever. Can't get it wrong then, can they.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

The super duper app on my super duper phone has forecast rain almost every day during the past week or so in Chiang Mai and we have had only one downpour,at least in our area. 

Hope they are right that more is on the way.

Quite possible as my super duper app on my super duper phone shows sunshine for the next 10 days!

I have a similar super duper app as you. Yesterday , almost all day my super duper phone app was saying it was raining at my location yet outside my super duper eyesight only saw sunshine.

• Like 1

Well here in the sweltering plains of Phetchabun province, ( a line from that scholarly masterpiece - 'Private Dancer',  its a cool 29c.

Normally our hottest month of the year is May, during which the annual rocket festival is held .

Firing off home made scuds into the sky to encourage the rains, which usually comes anyway.

NB:

Bung Fai hasn't been held for the last 2 years, far too many folk, drinking, gambling and generally enjoying themselves.... 

2 hours ago, phutoie2 said:

Well here in the sweltering plains of Phetchabun province, ( a line from that scholarly masterpiece - 'Private Dancer',  its a cool 29c.

Normally our hottest month of the year is May, during which the annual rocket festival is held .

Firing off home made scuds into the sky to encourage the rains, which usually comes anyway.

NB:

Bung Fai hasn't been held for the last 2 years, far too many folk, drinking, gambling and generally enjoying themselves.... 

yep im sweltering here in Phetchabun..but find plenty of cold water during the day and plenty of cold beer at night does the trick..with a little dip in the pool job done..

• Like 1