Pleasant Burger Surprise Today.

sqwakvfr

16 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

That's like saying gasoline price in Saudi Arabia is $0.91 USD (a gallon) so paying over $1 USD for a liter here in Thailand is ridiculous. 

You do realize that those TX cows don't swim to Thailand for free, don't you?

Not good to assume who you're talking to here, or what information they might have. I'm sure you realize that if one restaurant here can charge 200 baht for an Australian beef burger and another can charge 330 baht for one, that one is gouging because there are some that will pay more, just as gas prices go up over lies. There aren't any restaurants here that have Texas beef , as far as I know,but Australian is almost on par price wise anyway.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Oh no no no

how about the burgers being different sizes

how about comfortable seating vs plastic stools

ac vs fan

pleasing music vs loud mc

the dining experience has a price too

Exactly!

You beat me to the same thoughts.

One more thing (and I'm sure others we have yet to consider), location of the restaurant. Not just convenience and heavy traffic location but cost of monthly lease.

best burgers I have eaten in Thailand are from a local shop in Phukhuntale road, Surat Thani, I get the black angus aussie burger but there are options of different meat except pork/bacon(muslim owner) but the burgers are really good and under 200 baht. The meat is good quality and the patties are a good size, the quality beef ones are made fresh but they also have the pre made ones that are a lot cheaper to buy, I prefer the black angus as it has a better taste for me than the wagyu burger he also does but it is up to each persons taste,  onion, tomato, cucumber and lettuce are included but I get cheese and egg added as well, the burgers are pretty big and well worth the price, only trouble is they are that good there is always a big queue especially from the home delivery people

Edited by seajae

39 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Every burger I've had here, from 5 restaurants, all were the same size, same extras, all had fries, all restaurants were in the downtown areas. Clean, nice comfortable seats and tables, all had beer and wine. music, live and piped, and TV screens for sports. All had AC if needed.

You have very limited experience, same burger, same restaurant, only 5.

But of course Texans know it all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

You have very limited experience, same burger, same restaurant, only 5.

But of course Texans know it all.

5 burgers, 5 restaurants, 4 cities. Where did I say it was only one restaurant? And no one knows it all, and I lived in Texas, but from New Jersey. Again with the assumptions from a few typed words. According to many farangs I know and have spoken to here, I get the same results. We all talk, and pass information along, where the best places in my and their areas are to eat. Anyone who comes from the US, Australia, South America, Ireland, England, Canada, New Zealand, Scotland,  or Japan knows good beef if it's their passion.

• Haha 2

I say spend on what you can afford or want to.  As an American a good burger is something I can't live without.  There are some good burger places in Chiang Mai but it is hit and miss. I just thought others would appreciate another burger option that is within  the high end of the price range.  I have had some really awful burgers in Chiang Mai and on this particular day it was a pleasant surprise.  Even at over $10.  I was in Los Angeles last month and $10 barely covers lunch in most places.  

"Be Curious, Not Judgemental,"   Ted Lasso. 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 1

You know I've tried the Aussie  minced beef for meatballs and I prefer Thai beef that's sold in 500G bags at local expat mart. The Thai minced beef makes great burgers, not fatty. If I want a burger I make it at home, buy the thick sliced bread, grill it with olive oil. A nice 1/3 LB patty grilled with melted cheese, onions, tomatoes. Mayo and spicy mustard. I always seem disappointed with most foreign food here.

In the US I'll go to 5 Guys or The Habit for good burger. 

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

A Burger, Fries and Coke here in BKK at Big Boys, a Classic Big Boy set is only 229 Baht.

I'm looking at the website, is it right the coke is in cans?  And can you upsize the fries?

Edited by BangkokReady

12 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Scotland,  or Japan knows good beef if it's their passion.

Scotland,  or Japan knows good beef if as it's NOT their passion in a beef burger.

As a proper steak YES but not as ground up processed cr&p in a plastic bun in an overpriced café!

16 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Appears to be a lot of 'Cheap Charlies' living on measly savings if you can't afford a quality burger once in a while.

To add, I had 169 THB dessert at Swensen's yesterday but I bet most of you prefer that 12 THB cone from DQ or KFC.

I get the 10 baht cone and takes the craving away and proper portion

But you enjoy your hiso sundae------I could get 17 DQ cones for your ONE...ponder that ????  leaving 150 baht for 3 chicken steak dinners with fries and a salad

For those of us on visas not allowed to work the quicker i go thru the money the quicker i have to go home---budget and discipline go a long way

I wouldnt even enjoy a 170 bt dessert as i see the folks enjoying the 10 bt ones

same same but different    my budget is 500 a day and Im proud of my frugality

true wealthy people live a calm n modest life, as was a quote from A. Einstein

Ooo also i go to Big C after 4 and get the 55 bt pizza reduced to 40 just to get curb the pizza craving...dont need a whole one--just a taste

They reduce the fruit---meals--etc...rather it go in my stomach than the trash and food waste...

Cheap Charlie is my mentor!

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I like those Oz burgers from Makro , I think they are 89 B for a pair. 100% beef.  A lot of oil and water seems to appear when frying but after 10 mins they are lovely.

Not many on here will care for this but yesterday I was late getting out of bed and suddenly needed a burger hit. The round trip to 7/11 is less than 1k. a double pork and cheese burger 40 B and it was lovely. How a burger can be available in a plastic bag hanging up I can't imagine.

20 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Any recommendations for a BKK branch?

Mash burgers in Siloam was ok and worth a try. 

Good salty fries and a nice selection on draft beers.

A bit to pricey for those who enjoy 60 Bath beers and 149,- burgers.

One glass off pilsner 130

Burgers 300

MASH craft brews & bites

02 288 0682

https://maps.app.goo.gl/aRMAbos31ndJR2qu9