Successful visa run from Cambodia

20 minutes ago, Socheng said:

Last question is do I need to file TM30 again after I leave test and go hotel?

Yes, since you have entered Thailand on a new visa, you are required to submit a confirmation TM30 for your normal place of residence.

• Like 1

I have repeatedly entered Thailand on a variety of visas, (tourist, non-O, non-B, etc.) but never changed my (Immo-reported) address in Bangkok since the beginning.

Over many decades.

And, I have never filed a TM30 form.

What am I missing?

1 hour ago, Socheng said:

Last question is do I need to file TM30 again after I leave test and go hotel

You have entered on a tourist visa.

At a guess you might also apply for 30 day extension at some point.

Prior to attending immigration for extension you should obtain a TM30 receipt from hotel to show immigration if they request it.

No urgency. 

BTW... Excellent report. Your post will assist others. 

Thanks. 

Thank you SoCheng for your skilfully written report. I have taken a copy, mindful that re-entry rules into Thailand might be all but eliminated on 1st July. Only then will we see inbound tourist arrivals  climb in meaningful numbers to restore the kingdom to prosperity and to put smiles back into ~  'The Land of Smiles.'  ????

• Haha 1

@Socheng Thanks for the report. I wish I would have seen it earlier, but I've been 'behind' in reviewing my ASEANNOW emails.  I doubt you'll read this in time as I go tomorrow morning to the Phnom Penh embassy, but... How long was the line? Were there a lot of people applying?  Answer this if you don't mind even if I'll miss it. There will be others who will appreciate the info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blny said:

Question, what means:  COVID-19 certificate hard copy? Yellow book?

It means you need to provide them with a photocopy (paper copy), you cannot show it on your phone and etc.

In the case of having been vaccinated in Thailand, you don't need the yellow book. They accept a photocopy of the vaccination certificate you received from the hospital when you were vaccinated. Take the original with you, but hand over a photocopy. 

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caldera said:

It means you need to provide them with a photocopy (paper copy), you cannot show it on your phone and etc.

In the case of having been vaccinated in Thailand, you don't need the yellow book. They accept a photocopy of the vaccination certificate you received from the hospital when you were vaccinated. Take the original with you, but hand over a photocopy. 

Great, thanks for the answer!