Quick question about getting a non-o visa

Hi,

Lets say someone is going to cambodia to get non-o marriage visa in april or may...

Problem is he had a thai wife before and when he divorced he didnt cancel the visa and extended it using agency. Now he married again and this time he wants to do things right. 

So the old extension will be still on the passport. when he gives the new marriage certificate to the thai embassy in cambodia the date on it will be different then the date his ex non-o's. 

Do you think it will be a problem or thai embassy will just say its a new visa the old ones are not our problem?

Because again if they really check properly, they will see that he is newly married but his old non-o was extended like 2 years ago since today.. so why his marriage date is like 2 months before coming here... there is no exit stamp from thailand or else in case of divorce.. so whats going on here?!

Or its just they only care that the certificate is real and thats all.

Or they even not look at things properly and give the visa because have marriage certificate?

Thanks

Edited by problemfarang
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why waste time of forum with a fictional story.

If it's you, fine post details and obtain advice. 

Its all the details and its one of my friends situation. What more details you need? Also i really dont think its wasting time of the post. If it was not a real situation i wouldnt ask any advice or suggestions or opinions. Its moderators decision if its a waste of time or not.

Although im still open any suggestions you might have in this topic please

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

Nobody can give you a definitive answer. Often, embassies will not care about your agent assisted machinations in Thailand, but they can make it their business if they choose. Even if you score the visa, you should probably be more worried about immigration when entering Thailand, and looking for a subsequent extension. Your fraudulent immigration history is not suddenly going to vanish just because you were successful with a visa application.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Nobody can give you a definitive answer. Often, embassies will not care about your agent assisted machinations in Thailand, but they can make it their business if they choose. Even if you score the visa, you should probably be more worried about immigration when entering Thailand, and looking for a subsequent extension. Your fraudulent immigration history is not suddenly going to vanish just because you were successful with a visa application.

Thanks for the comment. Thats why also other option is to get a new passport and leave the country and get non-o. Extension will be with his salary income option

What problem do you think can be when entering to thailand at the border? Will they check the marriage dates?

Edited by problemfarang

Not sure if this is fictional story or as usual always a friend who probably does not care, or so illiterate that can't use a computer, may be crippled or whatever. I don't think immigration at the entry point is going to scrutinize the marriage date unless they suspect a criminal is on the loose and must be apprehended. As per the visa at the embassy, i don't think there is a marriage date on the visa as i don't travel thousand miles to a foreign land to live off of a "wife visa"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Onerak said:

Not sure if this is fictional story or as usual always a friend who probably does not care, or so illiterate that can't use a computer, may be crippled or whatever. I don't think immigration at the entry point is going to scrutinize the marriage date unless they suspect a criminal is on the loose and must be apprehended. As per the visa at the embassy, i don't think there is a marriage date on the visa as i don't travel thousand miles to a foreign land to live off of a "wife visa"

Thanks for the comment.

By the dates on marriage visa im talking about the stamps. Because he married before, and now his married certificate date is not long enough with that visas. For example his marriage extension is for 2 years, but his marriage certificate is like 2 months ago. So there is a 2 year gap. 

I also think there is no problem at all at the thai border. Problem might occure at the thai embassy if they notice the date difference. If it was savanakhet i wouldnt mind never been to cambodia, and heard its not that easy to get a visa from there.

If still no problem, extension will be a problem for sure. Thats why the plan is to get the visa, and get a new passport then transfer the visa, then extend it like its all new. Im not sure though if the immigration will ask all the paper work again or they will just do the transfer. 

Edited by problemfarang

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

So the old extension will be still on the passport. when he gives the new marriage certificate to the thai embassy in cambodia the date on it will be different then the date his ex non-o's. 

Considering how easy it is to get a new passport, taking the unnecessary risk to rock up at the embassy with the old passport would be madness.

If a new passport would also help further down the road (when applying for an extension at immigration again) is anyone's guess, but let's just say most IOs seem to be paper shufflers, not investigators. Still, a risk remains, and rightly so for doing something this foolish. 

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Considering how easy it is to get a new passport, taking the unnecessary risk to rock up at the embassy with the old passport would be madness.

If a new passport would also help further down the road (when applying for an extension at immigration again) is anyone's guess, but let's just say most IOs seem to be paper shufflers, not investigators. Still, a risk remains, and rightly so for doing something this foolish. 

Thanks for the comment. 

One of my friends told me 'to check that kind of paper work is not embassies duty but immigration. Embassy only responsible to check if you are good to get the visa you are asking. Most likely they dont even know how to check that kind of visa stamps, dates on them and visas. They will only check what kind of visa you had before if you are applying for a tourist visa or likewise to prevent you to stay longer than you should have, but for non-o they dont need to check anything else.' Well what he said makes sense also. 

But again he is not expert with these things.

I think the best is go get a new visa, get a new passport, transfer and extend. I also heard they dont chech paper work when trasfer visas. Just go and tranfer the visa at immigration. 

8 hours ago, problemfarang said:

What problem do you think can be when entering to thailand at the border? Will they check the marriage dates?

To get married again he would have had to prove he was divorced so if the current marriage certificate is legal I would doubt very much if immigration would even consider asking to see divorce papers.

In the time I have been on marriage extensions I have had 2 new Non Os based on marriage.

During the pandemic I had a marriage extension and visa valid at the same time.

'…. before, and now his married certificate date is not long enough with that visas. For example his marriage extension is for 2 years, '

Wow … 2 years … I've been renewing my Thai Wife visa now annually since I came here in 2002 …. (Chiangmai) … I've never been offered a 2 year extension …. max has always been 1 year … which Immigration Office gave your friend 2 years. They have also always insisted I bring my wife with me …. so did not know you could do it alone.

BTW … coincidentally I extended my own Thai Wife  visa just this week (Wednesday) in Chiangmai …. they were amazingly efficient and very pleasant …. took 35 minutes …. Kudos to Chiangmai Immigration …. many thanks.

2 minutes ago, csmith said:

'…. before, and now his married certificate date is not long enough with that visas. For example his marriage extension is for 2 years, '

Wow … 2 years … I've been renewing my Thai Wife visa now annually since I came here in 2002 …. (Chiangmai) … I've never been offered a 2 year extension …. max has always been 1 year … which Immigration Office gave your friend 2 years. They have also always insisted I bring my wife with me …. so did not know you could do it alone.

Just a typo. It should of said two one year extensions. It was certainly not a 2 year extension.

1 hour ago, david_dyer said:

for an error as simple as this, had you thought to just ask the immigration office for correction, wai and say sorry, i forgot. the truth often lands favour.

Agree completely with David …. 

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

To get married again he would have had to prove he was divorced so if the current marriage certificate is legal I would doubt very much if immigration would even consider asking to see divorce papers.

In the time I have been on marriage extensions I have had 2 new Non Os based on marriage.

Hi,

He used agency to extend his visa. He needs to prove that he is divorced at the amphue when registering the new marriage. I dont think he has to show any divorce paper to immigration. He will just get a new non-o and go to immigration to extend it. Thats also why will get a new passport after getting the visa and just before getting the extension. And yes the new marriage is legal and done at the amphue and have marriage certificate

Edited by problemfarang

2 hours ago, david_dyer said:

for an error as simple as this, had you thought to just ask the immigration office for correction, wai and say sorry, i forgot. the truth often lands favour.

Good advice but the problem is he extended using old marriage papers almost 2 years. So immigration will fine him 20.000 baht and i think 1 or 2 years ban from thailand. Because he is overstay

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

Actually he was planning to go to the immigration and do the extension woth the new marriage documents. But it was a crazy idea because when they see the old extension date and the date on the new marriage certificate. The extensions are 2 years old but the marriage is like 2 months ago. But... they will see that only if they check the marriage date.. if they dont.. its like winning the lottery. In my opinion they dont check dates but not worth the risk.

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

Good advice but the problem is he extended using old marriage papers almost 2 years. So immigration will fine him 20.000 baht and i think 1 or 2 years ban from thailand. Because he is overstay

well that is a problem, either wayhe is open to being overstay and recording, although adhoc sometimes, I have found to be accurate and a new passport will not fix this problem. as such, admiting guilt, paying the price is better than being caught at the gate.......up to you, but the system works best when it is used to your favour

15 minutes ago, david_dyer said:

well that is a problem, either wayhe is open to being overstay and recording, although adhoc sometimes, I have found to be accurate and a new passport will not fix this problem. as such, admiting guilt, paying the price is better than being caught at the gate.......up to you, but the system works best when it is used to your favour

right.

i talked to him just few min ago, he decided to go back to his country and get a new passport and get a new non-o from there. That will finish all problems.

thanks

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

right.

i talked to him just few min ago, he decided to go back to his country and get a new passport and get a new non-o from there. That will finish all problems.

thanks

yeah, unfortunatly it is better to do the right thing, hopefully his return will be uneventfull

• Like 1

6 hours ago, problemfarang said:

right.

thanks

It gives him a much better chance. However, a new passport does not erase your immigration history. If using an immigration office where they know him, there is still a chance of problems.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It gives him a much better chance. However, a new passport does not erase your immigration history. If using an immigration office where they know him, there is still a chance of problems.

thanks.

the thing is immigration doesnt know him at all. he never been there. Agency was doing all the stuff so far. and agency was not doing the visa extension where he lives. Good news ????

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

What would give him a chance is posting himself instead of a buddy.

Nonsense thread imo.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

thanks.

the thing is immigration doesnt know him at all. he never been there. Agency was doing all the stuff so far. and agency was not doing the visa extension where he lives. Good news ????

I think he will be OK.

Of course, in theory, the immigration office can see when he applies for the extension

1. that he is newly married; and
  2. that he had marriage extensions until just before his new marriage.

I do not expect immigration, even if suspicious, to go to the trouble of finding out if there are shenanigans going on, but an official who is an anti agent zealot could decide to do so. The risk is very low.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What would give him a chance is posting himself instead of a buddy.

Nonsense thread imo.

the thing is from the very start of this thread, you are claiming this thread is nonsense. OK, it might be or not. i respect all opinions so you should too. I think we can agree on this one. So far if you check the comments you can see its obviously not a nonsense thread (thanks to all comments and suggestions).

Shouldn't call people's problems as nonsense. especially a forum user who wants to be a moderator. have you ever heard ghostwriter? think this thread as one. But, actually you are the one who is wasting people's time because you already posted 2 times and mentioned about how this threat is nonsense. If so, then just ignore it. you dont need to keep writing comments and make it nonsense with your comments. you are posting unnecessary things not even about the topic (you keep saying its nonsense but nothing more) and making it longer than it should be. you are the one making it longer and not productive with your comments, you are the one making it longer to read for people.. you are the one adding more pages to this post with your only 'nonsense' comments. If you think its not a good thread or not useful, you already mentioned it and thats enough, dont you think? You are obviously obsessed with this 'its me' or 'buddy' thing for some reason as if it will change anything. 

well if it will make you happy, if it will make you comfortable, if you make you strong or whatever reason you are so obsessed about this; yes, its me. happy now? what changed? and again for the records, its not me. 

so please link your fingers to your brain before commenting. 

i read many of your posts. yes you know things no question. you help people no question. But, you also need to calm down in some posts too. As you can see im a super member status which means im not joking around. and you are member more than 16K posts which means you are more serious than me which means you should post more intelligent things than this.

anyway im not trying to start an argument or else, really but that was it. i will not respond any post from you in this thread anymore. 

PS: im so sorry that my english is not that good. i was not trying to be rude or offensive. but i do believe at this point i should have mentioned few things. so if any moderator have problem with this post please reach me before taking any actions. thank you.

Edited by problemfarang

On 3/25/2022 at 10:31 PM, problemfarang said:

Its all the details and its one of my friends situation. What more details you need? Also i really dont think its wasting time of the post. If it was not a real situation i wouldnt ask any advice or suggestions or opinions. Its moderators decision if its a waste of time or not.

Although im still open any suggestions you might have in this topic please

I have read this very same story a while ago on this forum. Were you asking for another friend?