Police do nothing for two years - but one of their own is in the frame for rape of girl aged 10

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A distraught father told lawyers how his daughter was repeatedly raped at the hands of a man in the village. 

When the abuse was revealed a report was made to the police. That was getting on for two years ago. 

The man accused of preying on the little primary school girl is a senior police sergeant.

A policeman.

Narong, 56, the dad turned to a team of lawyers from the Future Forward party after the police investigation stalled since 2020, reported Thai Rath.

He said that his daughter was ten at the time when she was raped in March, April, September and October of 2020. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Since the alleged crimes the policeman concerned has not been taken off duty, and walks around the village quite freely.

Except now he is ratcheting up the trouble by making threats to Narong meaning he is faced with getting out of town as he fears attack.

This situation is playing out in Mai Sai, Chiang Rai in the far north. 

The lawyers working on the case said they were in touch with top prosecutors and expected an announcement from police top brass imminently. 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-30

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The lawyers working on the case said they were in touch with top prosecutors and expected an announcement from police top brass imminently. 

If the other side come out with the same , it sounds mightily like 'what's it worth and how much is he willing to pay to make it go away'

Stories such as this bring out the keyboard warrior in many of us. With the exception of course, that under such circumstances we are prepared to become the person we don’t want to be and take matters into our own hands.

In such circumstances where the justice system is clearly broken the solutions are sadly evident. 

Stand in wait for the septic toad mow him down... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Personally I would remove his wedding tackle and testicles inform the district of what was done to him then then send him back to work it takes hours to train a sergeant like him you can't waste all that valuable training and experience.

7 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

He needs rule 303 to be applied forthwith.

Thats a bit extreme! He probably has family.. Just be compassionate, surgically remove all his wedding tackle, sew him up, inform the community and let him continue in his role as a community policeman, Although he may have to resign due to the pressure of public ridicule and laughter at his condition, he could still get a job as a labourer somewhere to support his family and his wife/partner could take a lover to satisfy her needs and perhaps produce more children. The most extreme penalty is (rule 303) is not exacted (thus satisfying the iterntional community) and he remains useful to the local community plus he doesn't go to prison which costs the state money.

Edited by RobU

On 3/30/2022 at 5:18 PM, Will B Good said:

Sadly, I can see this going nowhere.....witnesses, DNA evidence?

He will simply deny, deny, deny.

Look at the case last week where a girl, it was claimed, had been raped and become pregnant by her own grandfather.......no DNA even taken for testing.

I'm sure you're right, especially when you factor in that rape is one of the most difficult crimes to prove anyway.

Even in the UK only 1 in 60 reported rape cases result in a prosecution and even then there is low success rate. And that's with a reasonably trustworthy police force!

On 3/29/2022 at 4:35 PM, Mywayboy said:

He will just be posted elsewhere. 

The poor child will be traumatized for the rest of her life.

Disgusting once again preying on children in Thailand. Grrrr!!!

posted elsewhere?  like a catholic priest?

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 1:47 PM, Moonlover said:

I'm sure you're right, especially when you factor in that rape is one of the most difficult crimes to prove anyway.

Even in the UK only 1 in 60 reported rape cases result in a prosecution and even then there is low success rate. And that's with a reasonably trustworthy police force!

Its one of the most difficult to prove with very good reason - in most cases its the word of one party against another and in the majority of cases, the two parties know each other. I knew a girl who openly admitted to me that she had invited her ex to her home, slept with him then claimed rape (having secured DNA) - she roped her friend in as a witness and the guy got 7 years.  The girl had fabricated the whole thing as revenge for the guys behaviour whilst they were together and more or less bragged about it to me.  I considered going to the police but it would have been my word against hers.  I'm no longer in contact with her but I hope she left town before he got out - he'd have been one angry man.

If there is DNA evidence and the victim is clearly underage then its not difficult to prove at all because there is no such thing as consensual sex with a minor in the UK - I'd like to think Thailand has a similar law but I know not.

I'm not defending rapists in any way - I'd hang those who rape children but I fully appreciate why the prosecution/conviction rates are so low.  I also think that the UK law in rape/sexual assault cases is very unfair in terms of naming suspects.  Under UK law the victim is allowed to remain anonymous whist the suspect, once charged, is not. Once a man has been accused of rape, guilty or not, he's guilty in the public's eyes and quite often his life is ruined - even if he's found innocent.

I'm glad I'm not 18 anymore - following the changes to the UK's rape/sexual assualt laws in recent years.  A young guy now virtually has to carry a contract around in his back pocket and get his 'partner' to sign her permission before 'proceedings' take place.  If the girl is drunk, she now cannot be said to have given her consent - taking no account of whether the guy was also drunk.

When we were younger, how many of us have met a girl whilst on a night out - having both had a few drinks and either climbed into the back of the car or taken the girl home - under the new laws, that's rape so how many of us here are rapists? How easy is it for a girl to simply say she was drunk?

In this particular case, I doubt a 10 year old is going to lie about being raped or who did it - if he isn't locked up for a long time the father needs to let the dust settle then give the policeman a concrete overcoat.  Sadly if there's no DNA or other convincing evidence, the cop is going to walk.

Edited by KhaoYai