16-year-old female driver dies after crashing her motorbike into a trailer truck in Sri Racha

webfact

277577998_4972463959496386_2921307747598507862_n-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Pure Yiang Tai Si Racha

By Goong Nang(GN)

Sri Racha–  A 16-year-old female driver has been pronounced dead at the scene after she crashed her motorbike into a trailer truck in Sri Racha yesterday, April 2nd, 2022.

The Nong Kham Police were notified of the accident in Khao Tabek in the Nong Kham sub-district around 11:00 P.M.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find Ms. Thidaphon (last name withheld), 16. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/03/16-year-old-female-driver-dies-after-crashing-her-motorbike-into-a-trailer-truck-in-sri-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-04

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2

41 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

What sort of numpty parents let their 16 year old kid out at 11pm on a motorbike ? 

Sadly a great majority.  Many at 15.are done with school with no money to continue they think the tune " is that all there is "  then you got government with the endorsement of many parents to allow them to start learning at an early age reason since parents are working kids can get to school for their education get a pass to by pass all the requirements and laws taught and handed down all the bad habits this is in my opinion the factory of death schools! 

The intent might have been sound to them in the beginning but it opens a number of new doors to having that freedom parents in general seem to use it like the phone keep them quiet and out of sight shedding their parental responsibility the intent goes far beyond using the bike to go to school. 

I've been through it see the results for two decades many things we take for granted in the West like curfew, their youth pregnancy, drugs, drinking, smoking all comes all are contributed from this one allowance. Even before Covid in Pattaya the Dark side up on the hills especially during School out during Songkran worse now rat packs of kids on their bikes.  It is truly sad here they want kids early then want them to grow up fast but so many like this girl never do R. I. P. 

• Sad 1

A very well lit truck, on a lit road, she died of severe head injuries 11 pm

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

What sort of numpty parents let their 16 year old kid out at 11pm on a motorbike ? 

Maybe she had been working, 11pm is not that late at 16yrs old. but seems she had no helmet on a lit road then hits a well lit truck.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect nearly all of them. Fifteen is old enough to drive the bike isn't it..... ? 

I have seen them as young as 7 and 8 riding these scooters. They can ride them but they have no idea of how many crazy drivers there are out there.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

The kind that can't afford to buy their 16 yo a car, like my parents did.

If  I wanted a  bike "I"  had to  buy it,  no one was going to buy it  for me, parents  buying their kids cars are sick, make them work for it stop giving it them on a plate.................  she probably   wa s looking at a  phone, seems it MUST be looked at about every 20 seconds in case they miss  the total cpra such as tik tok . simple  solution,  phone or  bike NOT  both.

I dont have any sympathy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find Ms. Thidaphon (last name withheld), 16.

I realise this is simply repeating the error from The Pattaya News, but ASEAN Now really needed to include the entire paragraph to give all the information.

The one sentence above does not properly explain what happened and semantically suggest that they went to the location specifically to find the girl.  It should have ended with an explanation as to what state they found her in.  E.g. "Police arrived at the scene to find Somchai, 21, stripped to the waist and threatening to attack passers-by".

"Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find Ms. Thidaphon (last name withheld), 16. She had sustained severe head injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. Nearby, first responders found her damaged motorbike and the trailer truck."

The entire paragraph clarifies slightly, as additional details are provided in the following sentences, but it should still be in the first sentence.

Is it all based on a bot or algorithm, or does a human actually check these?

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

The trailer truck driver, Mr. Pichet Singput, 41, told TPN media, “I heard a loud bang at the back of my truck while I was driving before I stopped my vehicle. I found the motorbike and the driver at the back and immediately called for help. I was not injured.”

Very sad and completely avoidable (presumably).  You see so many people in Thailand riding along with the phone in one hand, scrolling away, no helmet either.  A little bit of safety training, or perhaps a different attitude, could have prevented this.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

If  I wanted a  bike "I"  had to  buy it,  no one was going to buy it  for me, parents  buying their kids cars are sick, make them work for it stop giving it them on a plate.................  she probably   wa s looking at a  phone, seems it MUST be looked at about every 20 seconds in case they miss  the total cpra such as tik tok . simple  solution,  phone or  bike NOT  both.

I dont have any sympathy

Not enough details to warrent the sympathy vote BUT  your first paragraph totaly agree.  Every bike and car I owned I worked for the money to by it. 

At 16 person is pretty much an adult...  people leave school, get jobs etc...

So, I don’t see a 16 year old being out at night as any blight on the parents character. 

A motorcycle is pretty much the national form of transport, again, I don’t see this as any blight on the parents character. 

Criticising the parents for this only highlights a underlying lack of understanding of Thai culture, particularly amongst the poorer folk, which really, is the vast majority of the population. 

IF the kids or parents could afford cars, they would be in them (for the most part). 

I see the blame placed firmly at the hands of the authorities - those in positions of decision making power who can do something to ensure the police care enough about doing their jobs to actually do their jobs, enforce traffic laws and ensure people wear helmets. 

Would that stop this young woman from riding in to the back of stationary vehicle ? No. 

And neither will better traffic law prevent similar absent mindedness in preventing the same girl from walking out into traffic without looking.

Education is key and people are simply not educated to the risks they place themselves in and thus become so complacent they regularly place themselves in grave danger without any awareness. In this case the young woman was simply not looking where she was going in an example of grave complacency. 

--------

I both ride a motorcycle and drive car here - people suggest its so dangerous. 

But when we remove the drunks, the speeders, the careless, the complacent from this stat it becomes somewhat less outrageous. 

• Confused 1