Age Gap Relationships... in the Later Years? (Opinions/Experiences Sought)

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Then you have the older guys who have no problem with a woman who is young enough to be their Granddaughter, where who knows how long it can last.

It doesn't matter how long it lasts because,

1. We'll probably be dead soon.

2. The women are instantly replaceable, usually with one younger and prettier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Can you expand on this at all?  According to many, Thai women would choose any Thai man over all but the richest and closest to death foreigner.

I assumed they would choose accept any man, of any nationality, that would take them out of their life of poverty and hard work. Will B. Good's story  seems to confirm this theory.

Many Thai women don't appear to have many choices, so they take what they can get and make the best of it.

My current woman seems in no hurry to move on, life is easy, and she gets a pension if she sticks it out to the end. Even now I find it hard to believe that attractive Thai women have so few choices compared to attractive women in the west. Welfare has a lot to answer for! 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Why do you think your wife chose you over a Thai man her own age?  Is it just that you have more money than she could hope to find in a Thai guy?  Or is there something in how you treat her or something you bring into her life?

1. An easy life, no need to earn money.

2. Nice home and decent treatment, no beatings.

3. Personal freedom, she can more or less do what she likes.

4. Education, I sent her to high school and then University.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

In first world countries, society does think this is creepy, immoral, wrong, predator, and stalking around might get you arrested.

But who's to say the first world countries are right, and the 3rd world countries are wrong?

Back in the UK I didn't see many happy women who'd passed beyond their 'club slut' days.

IMHO most of them seemed depressed and mentally ill.

• Thanks 1

A trolling post and subsequent replies has been removed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonising other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Why do you think your wife chose you over a Thai man her own age?  Is it just that you have more money than she could hope to find in a Thai guy?  Or is there something in how you treat her or something you bring into her life?

My response wouldn't be too different from Will B. Good's; she too chose a chance to break free from constricted life.  She also knew nothing of my modest but comfortable financial status.  She didn't know and wouldn't care about status points in the West (a college professor and author).  She was and is a simple, honest, private girl.  And she also has no piercings, tatoos, toxic habits, or promiscuities.  

I want to correct two prejudices, however.

1.  She was a bar girl.  At least I met her in a period in her life when she was working in a bar.  To support a son, of about 5 when we met.  Early on I asked her if she ever thought of getting married again, thinking she had been married to his father.  She answered "who would marry me?" with a son to support.  A voice inside me shouted "Me, Me, Me."  It still does.

2.  It is also racially prejudicious to say "There is one upside for the Thai lady to have a foreigner (even an old one) and that is to have a kid with the western genes, light skin, curly hair and all that."  Some Thais may think so unfortunately.  She did not.

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

There is one upside for the Thai lady to have a foreigner (even an old one) and that is to have a kid with the western genes, light skin, curly hair and all that. Even the average - middle class Thai guy doesn't make much more than about 40K/mo. So, yes for the Thai lady with a kid finding a foreigner is not a bad way to go. Is it about love? Probably not, I mean realistically speaking. Not fairy tale love anyway. 

How many 25 yr old ladies with minimal education are going to get married to a Thai guy bringing home 100K/mo?  Now the older foreigner may not be her dream come true, but he buys her a house, some land, together they have a brown haired kid, new car. Was it love on her part? Well the last time she loved it didn't work out so well. So was it love with me? meh, don't know, don't care. 

If you're an old guy with a young lady, have fun, enjoy. This isn't Kansas.

There is a kinda nice flipside to this.

Our son is a bit of a handsome devil. He moved to the US for college, and seemed to have quite the social life based on my stalking of his social media accounts, not that he was ever going to tell me or his Mom about his romantic adventures!

He's now happily hooked up with his soon to be wife, but that dusky male lukung look can work very well in western society too

Edited by GinBoy2

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Interesting.  Thank you for your numerous comments.  A solid contribution. :thumbsup:

Oh, and, chatting in Thai or English?

'Chatting' is a gross exaggeration........555.........a few words, a bit of sign language and a lot of guessing.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Even now I find it hard to believe that attractive Thai women have so few choices compared to attractive women in the west. Welfare has a lot to answer for! 

Add to that a serious lack of education, a lack of or misplaced ambitions, lack of opportunities, serious inequalities, patriarchal society......it all stacks up against them......if an opportunity arises they need grab it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Add to that a serious lack of education, a lack of or misplaced ambitions, lack of opportunities, serious inequalities, patriarchal society......it all stacks up against them......if an opportunity arises they need grab it.

I've had some dates with 'trailer trash' in the west.

Thailand ain't that far behind with their lazy women.

They just miss out on the option to pop out a couple of kids and live free the rest of their life.

(No welfare/alimony/child support)

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Very true......what the hell....take a chance.

You can thank God everyday that I was not there before you.
Anyway, give me a picture of your wife, financial statements and I take her off your hands.
Find yourself a newer model.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Back in the UK I didn't see many happy women who'd passed beyond their 'club slut' days.

IMHO most of them seemed depressed and mentally ill.

It's interesting, because you would be lynched if you made the suggestion that women need to have their sexuality controlled near most progressives or feminists (who mostly say it's actually beneficial for women to have sex with as many men as possible).  Yet it really seems like women who are sexually conservative (probably due to their upbringing) end up having no problems settling down and being happy.  While the ones who have followed the advice to do whatever they want, party it up, then find a nice guy when they hit 30, often have a catalogue of issues when they try to do so.

As some say, sex and the city has a lot to answer for...

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

4. Education, I sent her to high school and then University.

-This can't be overstated enough.

For many a soccer ball sewer, a western sponsor is their only chance at any education al all. I know an old horn dog in Jakarta who has sponsored 4 nurses, mentored them etc.

On the other end of it tho, this guy looks like The Thing from the Fantastic Four.

On 4/9/2022 at 7:54 AM, BangkokReady said:

It's interesting, because you would be lynched if you made the suggestion that women need to have their sexuality controlled near most progressives or feminists (who mostly say it's actually beneficial for women to have sex with as many men as possible).  Yet it really seems like women who are sexually conservative (probably due to their upbringing) end up having no problems settling down and being happy.  While the ones who have followed the advice to do whatever they want, party it up, then find a nice guy when they hit 30, often have a catalogue of issues when they try to do so.

As some say, sex and the city has a lot to answer for...

Interesting perspective, but wouldn't the same hold true for men?

I can't really comment personally since in my whole life I have had a few dozen sexual partners, and the same is true for my wife.

Don't think either of us feel any the worse for not leading a f****ck a night kinda lifestyle.

Whether or not made us better sexual  partners than a man/woman that did have that lifestyle I have no clue

Edited by GinBoy2

19 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Interesting perspective, but wouldn't the same hold true for men?

Well, there is apparently some research that suggests that men and women "pair bond" differently and women are less able to go from man to man without some sort of detrimental effect.  Then there's also the idea that maybe men have this method of reproduction where having sex with as many women as possible leads to a higher chance of reproductive success, while women can only have one baby at a time, so perhaps they don't have this feature.  There is a claim that a woman might have sex with multiple men and the shape of the penis is actually a design to scoop out the semen of other men, but I'm not sure if I buy that.

19 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I can't really comment personally since in my whole life I have had a few dozen sexual partners, and the same is true for my wife.

Don't think either of us feel any the worse for not leading a f****ck a night kinda lifestyle.

Whether or not made us better sexual  partners than a man/woman that did have that lifestyle I have no clue

I think the most important thing is that a couple are compatible and share similar values.

Also, I think that in Thailand the attitude to love, sex, relationships and bodies is vastly different, so I'm not sure what holds true for Western people, generally, would be the same in the East.

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Well, there is apparently some research that suggests that men and women "pair bond" differently and women are less able to go from man to man without some sort of detrimental effect.  Then there's also the idea that maybe men have this method of reproduction where having sex with as many women as possible leads to a higher chance of reproductive success, while women can only have one baby at a time, so perhaps they don't have this feature.  There is a claim that a woman might have sex with multiple men and the shape of the penis is actually a design to scoop out the semen of other men, but I'm not sure if I buy that.

I think the most important thing is that a couple are compatible and share similar values.

Also, I think that in Thailand the attitude to love, sex, relationships and bodies is vastly different, so I'm not sure what holds true for Western people, generally, would be the same in the East.

I kinda get all that, and I'm pretty sure there are academics who have spent their whole lives trying to explain human sexuality, probably with little success.

To wrap to whole 'east' into one bucket doesn't work.

The attitudes to sex are often based on power and wealth.

A woman in Singapore, Japan or South Korea has values much more aligned with a woman in the West. They are educated, have money and have their own careers.

The Mia Noi and older/farang really does boil down to a power/money thing.

You can wrap it up however you want, and I'm not denying that in some cases true love might be there, but you can't escape the fact the poor women will do whatever it takes to escape poverty

11 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

You can wrap it up however you want, and I'm not denying that in some cases true love might be there, but you can't escape the fact the poor women will do whatever it takes to escape poverty

Absolutely, and I know it can be pretty hard to know if a girl is lying about the situation and using the guy solely for their money and have no feelings of emotional or physical attraction to the older foreign man.

However, that wasn't actually the original question.  It seems like we got a little bogged down in terms of if a girl can find a man older than her attractive, rather than what happens as both age, which was the original question.

I wouldn't have asked the question if I didn't think there was a likelihood of this thing happening.

The premise would basically be a twenty something might find a forty something attractive, with their being a twenty year age-gap, and the question would be what would that be like over the years.

I'm afraid I cannot remember if you answered this directly, so, what do you think?  Not about the if, but the what?  20-40, 30-50, 40-60, 50-70?  Assuming there is physical attraction to begin with, which is perfectly possible where the man is healthy and takes care of himself, can that maintain until the end?  Will she leave when he gets to 60 or 70?  Will she start cheating when he gets to 50?

7 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Absolutely, and I know it can be pretty hard to know if a girl is lying about the situation and using the guy solely for their money and have no feelings of emotional or physical attraction to the older foreign man.

However, that wasn't actually the original question.  It seems like we got a little bogged down in terms of if a girl can find a man older than her attractive, rather than what happens as both age, which was the original question.

I wouldn't have asked the question if I didn't think there was a likelihood of this thing happening.

The premise would basically be a twenty something might find a forty something attractive, with their being a twenty year age-gap, and the question would be what would that be like over the years.

I'm afraid I cannot remember if you answered this directly, so, what do you think?  Not about the if, but the what?  20-40, 30-50, 40-60, 50-70?  Assuming there is physical attraction to begin with, which is perfectly possible where the man is healthy and takes care of himself, can that maintain until the end?  Will she leave when he gets to 60 or 70?  Will she start cheating when he gets to 50?

Hard question to answer.

But if you think of it in farang terms, whats the usual age range of partners.

I'd guess somewhere in the 0-15 year age gap is usual and socially acceptable.

I struggle with the concept that a 20 something woman from anywhere is going to be physically attracted to a man 50+ let alone in his 60's or 70's

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I struggle with the concept that a 20 something woman from anywhere is going to be physically attracted to a man 50+ let alone in his 60's or 70's

I'm not convinced any woman is attracted to the man she lives with.

Regardless of relative ages and nationalities

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm not convinced any woman is attracted to the man she lives with.

Regardless of relative ages and nationalities

I think Mrs G still kinda digs me.

But she's a little menopausal, and one minute she's all over me next minute in the midst of a hot flash i'm repulsive lol.

But sex aside which is still great, life together is still everything I want, since at this point in my life, yes I'm still sexually active, but I really want a partner to share my life with. 

We have our kids, soon to have our first Grandchild, which couldn't make me happier

Oh the joy of living with women, and a Thai woman at that just to add to the 'fun' lol

And since I've never said this before, I'm 62, Mrs G is 50

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 12:17 AM, BangkokReady said:

The answer is a younger girl can find an older guy attractive, what makes him attractive is probably not his physical looks but his ability to provide for her.

Al Pacino's new girlfriend is more than five decades younger than him, plus more celeb love news

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainment-celebrity/al-pacinos-new-girlfriend-is-more-than-five-decades-younger-than-him-plus-more-celeb-love-news/ss-AAWd3xn?li=BBnb7Kz

AAWdnrj.jpg

10 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

The answer is a younger girl can find an older guy attractive, what makes him attractive is probably not his physical looks but his ability to provide for her.

Al Pacino's new girlfriend is more than five decades younger than him, plus more celeb love news

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/entertainment-celebrity/al-pacinos-new-girlfriend-is-more-than-five-decades-younger-than-him-plus-more-celeb-love-news/ss-AAWd3xn?li=BBnb7Kz

AAWdnrj.jpg

Is she attracted to older men or is she attracted to richer men ?

Has she dated Ron, the retired 76 year old accountant who lives on a pension in an old peoples home in Winconsin ?

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2022 at 10:39 PM, impulse said:

Whatever you do, pick one that's had kids.  She'll know how to change a diaper when that time comes.

You are kidding, right?

More like let the kid walk around bare ass and <deleted> all over himself

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Has she dated Ron, the retired 76 year old accountant who lives on a pension in an old peoples home in Winconsin ?

I doubt old Ron even gets his pension if he's in an old folks home. 

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He was a contender but he was on his 3rd set of teeth.