Is it possible that--?

Thailand

In the scheme of things we are simply the playthings of superior alien beings, a form of entertainment as it were, not a new theory of course.

But on that basis would you,as a superior alien being, allow what is happening on the earth today.

A country murdering the citizens of another country and allowed by the inaction of all the other countries in the game. Bear in mind the endgame maybe annihilation of the world in general?

Would you the superior being simply terminate the game and move on to another galaxy to see if they are another species worth saving?

Or,as the superior being, what would you do?

This thought came to me whilst eating pork dumplings and drinking cheap white wine.

• Confused 1

First off, lay of the dumplings and wine ! Clearly doesnt end well. ????

Perhaps as the superior being, what is happening is an experiment, to see how the participants deal with it.Will they overcome or will they destroy each other.If its the latter then  experiment over and reboot. If they succeed and find a solution, on to the next task. ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

a form of entertainment as it were

I can't imagine there is much entertainment value in watching.

I have to admit I watched Brexit, or to be precise the part which happened until now, with amusement. Will they really do that? How bad will it get? Will anybody learn? I still watch from time to time, but it gets boring after a while.

So back in the day, a few of aliens were having a bet about which proto-lifeform was best at making planets habitable.  They put something suitable on Venus, Mars and Earth.  “See ? Yours have both died out, but mine are still living on Earth, which is habitable”

” Aye, maybe, but they’re not finished yet”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

So back in the day, a few of aliens were having a bet about which proto-lifeform was best at making planets habitable.  They put something suitable on Venus, Mars and Earth.  “See ? Yours have both died out, but mine are still living on Earth, which is habitable”

” Aye, maybe, but they’re not finished yet”

Died out, gone underground or just hard for us to detect?

Our understanding of life as we know it is carbon based, using liquid water as a solvent.  What's to prevent silicon based life, using liquid methane instead of water?  Perhaps living on a time scale that just looks like it's standing still to our puny eyes.  Or living underground?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Died out, gone underground or just hard for us to detect?

Our understanding of life as we know it is carbon based, using liquid water as a solvent.  What's to prevent silicon based life, using liquid methane instead of water?  Perhaps living on a time scale that just looks like it's standing still to our puny eyes.  Or living underground?

Back in the day, the aliens said “Let’s try a planet where we don’t interfere with evolution.  Maybe the Neanderthals and Homo Erectus will coexist.  Maybe the cars won’t wipe out the humans, nor will the phones…”

”ye’re a Raj, man, but even if the cars don’t kill them off, even if the phones don’t kill them off, they’ll find some other way of killing themselves off”

”Dinnae be daft; people have mair sense than that; give them time, they’ll learn to take care of their planet”

“So you’re saying we’re double or quits, after the dinosaurs?”

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

As a superior alien being, I would start posting warnings on ASEAN that the human race had better shape up or ship out.

My 96 year old romainian clairvoyant Gypsie-Lady and I have come to the conclusion: We have started the process of "shipping out". Way too late for "shaping up".

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, swissie said:

My 96 year old romainian clairvoyant Gypsie-Lady and I have come to the conclusion: We have started the process of "shipping out". Way too late for "shaping up".

Apparently the planet is too large for mankind to affect it and God won't let it happen anyway.

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

For sure a fish tank (universe)

To be fair, nobody knows, but Im sure some will claim to know. Remember god follow each and one of us, so when at the pearl gate ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just make sure you know how to spell czhechos.... ????

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Hummin said:

For sure a fish tank (universe)

To be fair, nobody knows, but Im sure some will claim to know. Remember god follow each and one of us, so when at the pearl gate ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Your past misdemeanours will come back to haunt you....
My buddy used to cheat at dominoes, and eventually came to a sad end from it.

When he came to the pearly gates, he found them unattended, and wandered straight in.

St Peter was not impressed - "Don't you ever knock?" 

On 4/6/2022 at 7:08 PM, ozimoron said:

Apparently the planet is too large for mankind to affect it and God won't let it happen anyway.

Ozimoron, unfortunately I can't quite agree with you (no offence).

Obviously, God (the Gods, last count about 30'000) have been extremely inactive over time. After having created "the world", they must have retired to the sidelines. Like someone  watching a football game form a comfortable distance, with no intention to interfere.

- Giving much cause for the amusement of heavenly spectators, under the motto " we gave them everything needed to make the best of it". Instead they keep on banging their heads in. An endless source of amusement for the passive God-Spectators, especially as "heaven" appears to be rather a "dull" place, compared to the yeast-pot called earth.

God(s) are amused spectators. Not interfering while 6 Million Jews were gassed and not interfering when a meteorite wiped out the dinosaurs. Not reacting to millions of daily prayers by humans, seeking guidance and relief from unbearable life circumstances. Eternal silence with no feedback as the only reward.  

I myself have stepped back from the "smorgasboard" of Gods, unable to find a God to my liking. I therefore will stick with Charles Darwin.
PS: I have been in paradise already. Pattaya "in the old days". Cheers.

1 minute ago, swissie said:

Obviously, God (the Gods, last count about 30'000) have been extremely inactive over time. After having created "the world", they must have retired to the sidelines. Like someone  watching a football game form a comfortable distance, with no intention to interfere.

- Giving much cause for the amusement of heavenly spectators, under the motto " we gave them everything needed to make the best of it". Instead they keep on banging their heads in. An endless source of amusement for the passive God-Spectators, especially as "heaven" appears to be rather a "dull" place, compared to the yeast-pot called earth.

God(s) are amused spectators. Not interfering while 6 Million Jews were gassed and not interfering when a meteorite wiped out the dinosaurs. Not reacting to millions of daily prayers by humans, seeking guidance and relief from unbearable life circumstances. Eternal silence with no feedback as the only reward.  

I myself have stepped back from the "smorgasboard" of Gods, unable to find a God to my liking. I therefore will stick with Charles Darwin.

I must apologise for failing to indicate that my post was sarcasm.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, swissie said:

If the dinosaurs was not wiped out, most likely no humans would had evolved. 

One day we might create life on a planet, and become creators. Might have happened on planet earth, but that civilation most likely have gone extinct, since it his a huge chance any intelligent civilation is  self destructive as we are.

On 4/6/2022 at 6:59 PM, Thailand said:

But on that basis would you,as a superior alien being, allow what is happening on the earth today.

Why would these "superior alien beings"--if they exist--intervene now?  Human beings have been killing each other forever.  Perhaps it's a part of their plan...population control I mean.  That and disease, famine, natural disasters, etc. 

On 4/6/2022 at 8:28 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I can't imagine there is much entertainment value in watching.

I have to admit I watched Brexit, or to be precise the part which happened until now, with amusement. Will they really do that? How bad will it get? Will anybody learn? I still watch from time to time, but it gets boring after a while.

Sadly.....the worst is yet to come.......but at least it has exposed to towering stupidity of people like Rees-Mogg.

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

If the dinosaurs was not wiped out, most likely no humans would had evolved. 

Read an article from NASA that suggested dinosaurs (bambi raptors) might have landed on the moon up to 10/20 million years ago had they not been wiped out......they had or appeared to be evolving opposable fingers/thumbs!!!

If ya going to run a simulation, you have to explore all outcomes. No room for emotion in science.  I remember cutting up rabbits and frogs in biology in school, we butcher millions of animals daily anyone give a rats you think? Look at all the experimentation we do on other species so we can have medicines, or even rubbish <deleted> like skin products or make up for women.

It's all perspective and anything is possible. So potentially be concerned about your dumplings but not so much about your wine. Perhaps? Maybe I'm not in tune enough to understand the intelligence and feelings of a grape...

Right I'm off to have some peyote

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Read an article from NASA that suggested dinosaurs (bambi raptors) might have landed on the moon up to 10/20 million years ago had they not been wiped out......they had or appeared to be evolving opposable fingers/thumbs!!!

Well, by now, they would have gone self destinct by 10's of millions years ago. Only 53 years ago we landed on moon, and have the possibility to self destroy our selfs 50 times only with nuclear weapons. And we are not exactly helping the environment either to preserve us.

One theory why we have not seen aliens or any creators is because the intelligence, the will, adventurous, conqour and creativity spirit needed to be able to travel long distances in space, also comes with an horrible bi effect of being self destructive.

• Like 1