Argument erupts after neighbor allegedly plays loud music in Chonburi area

snoop1130

277854094_1632901167069303_6802383414854204832_n-696x370.jpg

An argument erupted after a male, allegedly intoxicated neighbor played loud music in Chonburi.

Around 10.00 p.m. on March 3rd, police from the Chonburi Police Station went to a house in Nong Khang Khok sub-district, Mueang district, to stop a neighborhood dispute.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

TPN reporters and police went to the scene to find Jumpon Nophasit, 38, was arguing with several neighbors who blamed him for playing music too loudly and causing disturbances in the neighborhood. The neigbors said he had done this for over two years, but they were afraid to get involved because he claimed to know powerful people.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/06/argument-erupts-after-neighbor-allegedly-plays-loud-music-in-chonburi-area/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-06

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The neigbors said he had done this for over two years, but they were afraid to get involved because he claimed to know powerful people.

You know! I know the guy who made my speakers.

• Haha 2

Apparently  he doesn't  know powerful people at TPN, as either this story is over a month old, or once again editing has failed a "reputable " news source.  So, was this April 3rd or March 3rd?  Is it really a month old story?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

neighbors playing loud music...always thought that was part of their culture

When I first moved here over 5 years ago, I thought it was indeed rude to blast music at 6 a.m., a time when a lot are still sleeping. In America you do this you're told by the police to turn it down, and another time you're fined. Today in fact, the music started before a man came on the loudspeaker talking. My ex told me after I had  moved here that this is how they get the people to listen to the village news. It's been annoying but I live about a 1\2 kilo from the center of town so it isn't that loud here, and I get up early anyway. I just thought there was a lot of older locals and some farangs that would get upset they were woke up so early. I know most farmers are up early, and that's part of isaan culture so the music isn't rude to them, and to those that can adapt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

I just thought there was a lot of older locals and some farangs that would get upset they were woke up so early.

We have a similar loudspeaker system where I live and one of my neighbours complained to the police on the early morning noise over the system. Then we got a week of the abbot complaining about foreigners for a week using it.... that was early too!

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Usually when someone says they know powerful people, they don't. 

..................and in some cases, the  'powerful people' will come for a visit to determine why their name is being dropped......................

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

When I first moved here over 5 years ago, I thought it was indeed rude to blast music at 6 a.m., a time when a lot are still sleeping. In America you do this you're told by the police to turn it down, and another time you're fined. Today in fact, the music started before a man came on the loudspeaker talking. My ex told me after I had  moved here that this is how they get the people to listen to the village news. It's been annoying but I live about a 1\2 kilo from the center of town so it isn't that loud here, and I get up early anyway. I just thought there was a lot of older locals and some farangs that would get upset they were woke up so early. I know most farmers are up early, and that's part of isaan culture so the music isn't rude to them, and to those that can adapt.

true enough, it's the culture, it's the way of life so respect that, get on with it or move.

i traveled a lot in islamic countries and at first the call the prayer five times a day could be disturbing and inconvenient. however, quite quickly, i got used to it, barely noticed it, and even began to find it reassuring

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, it is what it is said:

i got used to it, barely noticed it, and even began to find it reassuring

I get that.............'the call to prayer' would've challenged me for sure.................................. I had the same with cockerels in the middle of urban Bristol, UK................. drove me mad at first, then I got my head around it, mind over matter and harked back to rural times in Samui, and, I too, found it reassuring....................it's not often I surprise myself..!!