METV Visa from UK April 2022 - Good to go ?

If you do manage to get the METV there may well be some "difficulties" in using it, if , for example you tried to do a quick in/out, you would need to get a new Thailand pass and arrange a test and go hotel, Also the <deleted>ty Thai insurance that I ended buying is cancelled when leaving the country so it would be best to check your policies  terms and conditions in that respect  Some land border crossings are still closed too. I don't think it would be impossible but somewhat more challenging than normal

9 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

If you do manage to get the METV there may well be some "difficulties" in using it, if , for example you tried to do a quick in/out, you would need to get a new Thailand pass and arrange a test and go hotel, Also the <deleted>ty Thai insurance that I ended buying is cancelled when leaving the country so it would be best to check your policies  terms and conditions in that respect  Some land border crossings are still closed too. I don't think it would be impossible but somewhat more challenging than normal

3 months forward this Thailand pass is getting removed for entry to Thailand and i'm not travelling this month.

I will have 1-year multi-trip insurance

I'm just looking to see if the visa is being issued in the UK in April now borders nearby are starting to open up

SEA Opening.png

• 4 weeks later...

METV good to go for UK based applicants as long as you have all your supporting documentation they require and are departing from UK to Thailand.

Took 12 days to get that answer on May 6th 2022 from UK Thai consulate....

Edited by freedomnow

Can get just under 9 months as its validity is from date of ISSUE not ENTRY..and you exit just before expiry and get another 2 months and extend that 2 for a further 1..at least that was how it worked pre-covid.

By hopping out just before it expires (6 months from issue) you get those 2 months.

Essentially it is almost like the good old defunct triple tourist visas which gave you almost 9 months that used to be obtained from good old Hull...

Tricky part is the job confirmation/invite letter if you don't know all the requirements to get it....if you have a biz registration number you need similar letter from your secretary etc crazy <deleted> that LA USA does not require....

https://www.locationindependent.co.uk/thai-visas-digital-nomad-guide/#METVoutside

How to use METV to stay in Thailand for 9 months

To get the real benefits of a multiple entry if you want to stay longer in Thailand, this is a simple way to utilise your METV to stay as long as possible in Thailand.

February 26th – Apply for a METV.
February 27th – Pick up METV (Date of Issue: 27th Feb, Enter Before: 27th August).
March 1st – First enter Thailand and activate METV, get 60 day stamp.
April 29th – Extend 60 day stamp at immigration for 30 days.
May 29th – Border Run – go to land border, cross over, come back. Get 60 day stamp.
July 28th – Extend 60 day stamp at immigration for 30 days.
August 26th – Border Run – go to land border, cross over, come back. Get 60 day stamp.
August 27th – METV expires.
October 26th – Extend 60 day stamp at immigration for 30 days.
November 25th – Leave Thailand.

So stay from start of March until end of November, 267 days == 9 months. Of course instead of doing a border run you could go to a nearby country and stay there a few days. The important part is making sure to get a new stamp just before your METV expires.

Use websites like Time and Date to calculate your days and when you need to book flights.

• Thanks 1